|Adalah — A Just Middle East
Adalah ("justice" in Arabic) is a diary series about the Middle East, with special (but not exclusive) emphasis on the conflict in Palestine-Israel. The authors of this series believe in the right of self-determination for all the people of the Middle East and that a just resolution respecting the rights and dignity of both Palestinians and Israelis is the only viable option for peace.
|Baja Arizona Kossacks||05/04/2015|
|Black Kos community
Black Kos community group. This group publishes diaries that cover a broad range of topics including black history, the arts, politics, and the culture of peoples of African descent worldwide.
For those who are now (or have been) in the role of being a care-giver for a loved one. Intended to be a support group and information resource for all care-providers and the many challenges they face.
|Elders of Zion
Who we are:
We are Jews, proud and unapologetic. We practice our faith the way we see fit, not the way antisemites, the ignorant, fundamentalists of all stripes, or others who would wish us ill would like to pretend we do. Some of us are very religiously observant, others are deeply secular; Jewish identity is highly salient for some of us and just one identity among many for others. But all of us here are progressive Jews. And although we recognize that there are many p...
|Feminism, Pro-Feminism, Womanism: Feminist Issues, Ideas, & Activism
A group to promote feminist, pro-feminist (men's anti-sexist), and womanist (empowerment of women of color) perspectives, ideas, and activism both within the DailyKos community and in the larger world. Feminisms are committed to ending oppression of all kinds, with a particular but not exclusive focus on ending all forms of gender-based oppression.
|House of LIGHTS
House of LIGHTS (Loving Inspiration, Giving Hope To Survivors). A place for survivors of physical, sexual, psychological, and emotional abuse, assaults, and bullying. A place for the people who support them. A quiet place for all voices to be heard. A safe place where we can learn to educate, support, and protect our children and each other.
Poems from the Left: Welcome to the Daily Kos community political poetry club. Drop by and speak your mind in rhyme or blank verse. Let'ÃÂÃÂÃÂÃÂs use language to scream our passion to the world. Bongos, berets and turtle neck sweaters are optional. The keypad is mightier than the sword.
|Kitchen Table Kibitzing
Kitchen Table Kibitzing is a community series for those who wish to share part of their evening around a virtual kitchen table with kossacks who are caring and supportive of one another.
KosAbility is a Sunday 7pm eastkost/4pm leftkost volunteer diarist community of, by & for people living with disabilities, who love someone with a disability, or who want to know more about the issues.
Our use of "disability" includes temporary as well as permanent health/medical conditions, from small, gnawing problems to major, life-threatening ones. Our use of "love someone" extends to cherished members of other spec...
|Mental Health Awareness
Mental Health Awareness is a group for promoting greater understanding of mental health issues. Personal stories about mental illness, research or opinion pieces related to the mental health field, information on ethical dilemmas in treatment, diaries regarding legislation that affect the field, articles of note in psychology and psychiatry, and any other perspectives which raise awareness about mental illness or demonstrate the importance of highlighting mental health concerns are all welcome....
|Social Security Defenders
The enemies of Social Security have been on the offense for 75 years seeking to gut Social Security and wipe out the legacy of the New Deal. Time to join the defense?
We are a group of women from all walks of life sharing our stories and discussing women's issues and rights with intersectionality to prevent erasure and preserve identities of all women. We are sisters in spirit, and we are taking back our narratives. Dominant culture narratives do not represent our lives; they elide, alter, and erase. We discuss the harms women experience when the dominant culture does not accurately consider, believe or hear women's voices. We will also celebrate the strengt...
Street Prophets is the forum that mobilizes progressive people of faith to name, discuss and take action on critical political and religious issues. So come on in and make yourself at home. We believe that most, if not all topics touching on faith and politics are appropriate on Street Prophets. While this forum represents people of widely differing (and often directly conflicting) theologies, our goal here is to focus on forwarding the progressive political discussion that our shared values ma...
|This Week in the War on Women
This Week in the War on Women provides a weekly summary of new on women's issues and information on current political actions. We welcome all who are interested to join, to write for us, and to provide relevant links and stories.
|White Privilege Working Group
A group for anti-racist activists interested in discussing and producing learning materials about white privilege.
Recommended by ramara
- Has anyone visited the comment section of an MSN news story, which involved police brutality of blacks, or just blacks? If you have, you probably noticed an ill feeling in your gut as you read the ...77 comments 150 Recs
- The big news: Nigerian army [http://www.reuters.com/article/2015/04/28/us-nigeria-violence-rescue-idUSKBN0NJ2FK20150428?feedType=RSS&feedName=topNews&utm_source=twitter rescued 293 women and girls] ...22 comments 30 Recs
- Freddie Gray being loaded into a van by Baltimore Police On April 12th, six Baltimore police officers assaulted Freddie Gray and took him on something I'll admit I've never heard of ...236 comments 335 Recs
- Freddie Gray being loaded into the Baltimore Police Van. Again, because the Baltimore Police refuse to release any real statements from the officers involved in the April 12th arrest and April 19th ...70 comments 177 Recs
- Three tropical cyclones churned the waters around Australia on March 11, 2015, including Pam, which reached ...273 comments 423 Recs
- and all your previously decided priorities get tossed out. Earlier this month my wife discovered a growth on the right rear leg of one of our three remaining rescued cats, Felicity, the shyest. She ...31 comments 48 Recs
- For more than a decade, Corinthian Colleges, Inc. has been the target of lawsuits and state and federal investigations for its deceptive marketing, falsification of employment placement rates and ...38 comments 88 Recs
- Thirty-five years ago, babies born in the U.S. had an infant mortality rate equal to Germany. Today, American babies die at twice the rate of those in Germany. Thirty-five years ago, the U.S. ...192 comments 474 Recs
- The case Obergefell v. Hodges was argued today, and there was only really two substantial arguments that came from the Respondents (who are against marriage equality). And by substantial, I mean ...100 comments 65 Recs
- This is apparently a first —an American bank featuring an LGBT couple in a national ad. Wells Fargo follows the couple as they learn sign language for their newly adopted daughter, who is deaf. "27 comments 63 Recs