Below you'll find recent contributions related to realwischeese's followed authors, tags, and groups.
|Minnesota woman pulls gun on Muslim couple who were picking their son up from a friend's house
|High Impact Posts: May 27, 2015||jotter||05/28/2015||4|
|High Impact Posts: May 26, 2015||jotter||05/27/2015||5|
|Rand Paul outwits Jon Stewart. Really!
Jon Stewart seemed to be completely off his game while interviewing Rand Paul. Was he on vacation too long? Did he make the calculation to be soft on Rand Paul to ensure that the Daily Show post ...
|High Impact Posts: May 25, 2015||jotter||05/26/2015||8|
|The "Magic" Gun Theory
With the NRA pushing stories of people using guns to protect their lives and homes in social media, we are seeing comments from the peanut gallery (or gunnut gallery?) on crime stories stating that "...
|Power is a zero sum game. A weak government means elites will dominate
Less power for government, more power for guys like them, and the corporations they control. Liberty. Power. Government. The way one frames the equation that connects these three words is at the ...
|High Impact Posts: May 24, 2015||jotter||05/25/2015||4|
|When American troops were welcomed and remembered
with love and honor can be seen in a a piece in today's Washington Post titled Americans gave their lives to defeat the Nazis. The Dutch have never forgotten. It is about an American cemetery in ...
|American reality distorted by media coverage and police response
In the last few days America witnessed something many have been stating for decades. The media coverage and interpretation of events is demonstrably race based. I walked into my home from after ...
|$15 minimum wage in L.A. is great. But it was only necessary because a Democratic Congress blew it
If national Democrats had done their job, ...
|Week's High Impact Posts: May 16-22, 2015||jotter||05/24/2015||6|
|High Impact Posts: May 23, 2015||jotter||05/24/2015||4|
|Absolutely Nothing: A Veteran’s Savage Indictment of the Iraq War
Is the title of this post by someone named Jim Wright, which I think you will want to read. It is a totally brutal putdown of the likes of Mitt Romney and John McCain, of the neocons who pushed us ...
|An image of Hillary Clinton that might surprise you
appears on p. 158 of the new book by former CIA #2 Michael Morrell, a book titled The Great War of Our Time: The CIA's Against Terrorism From Al Qaeda to ISIS . It is in the context of the planning ...
|High Impact Posts: May 22, 2015||jotter||05/23/2015||7|
A number with various connotation, none of which are relevant to this reflection. In this case it is merely a measure of longevity in years. My longevity. I can turn to my Facebook page as the ...
|High Impact Posts: May 21, 2015||jotter||05/22/2015||4|
|President Obama has lost Paul Krugman on TPP
There's been some notable discontent among progressives who look to Paul Krugman for his refreshing honesty on a number of topics and his willingness to state plainly when emperors are ...
|High Impact Posts: May 20, 2015||jotter||05/21/2015||8|
|High Impact Posts: May 19, 2015||jotter||05/20/2015||4|
|NARP Unloads on Conservative Idiocy re Amtrak
The National Association of Railroad Passengers has a blog post that gets right to the point. It is a perpetual wonder for many passenger advocates that Amtrak—which, it’s worth noting ...
|UPDATED: GunFAIL proves too hot for Pinterest, but the backlash is even hotter
Yes, it's been a while since I've done a GunFAIL update here at Daily Kos. But no, I never stopped keeping records on accidental shootings, guns left behind in bathrooms, and the like. In fact, I ...
|High Impact Posts: May 18, 2015||jotter||05/19/2015||11|
|Anybody want to guess what Texas' solution to biker gang wars will be?
NRA fantasy Texan. Yep. You got it. More Guns .
|Sunday Bloody Sunday – What Went Down in Waco
Sunday’s bloody battle, which pitched Waco police against two feuding gangs and their supporters, resulted in 9 dead, 18 critically injured and 174 arrests. That the dead and injured were ...
|Two open-carry activists. One white, one black. Two very different police responses
One of these things is not like the other. The video below shows two open-carry activists, both "demonstrating" their Second Amendment rights. Both were approached by police, but the reactions from ...
|High Impact Posts: May 17, 2015||jotter||05/18/2015||4|
|9 dead in Tx. shootout. No "Good Guys with Guns" to stop it.
So, yeah. This happened today: a number of motorcycle gangs shot each other up in the parking lot of a Twin Peaks restaurant. http://www.dallasnews.com/latest/20150517-multiple-fatalities-in-...
|8 thugs killed in shootout
Today, three gangs of thugs gathered at a restaurant named Twin Peaks. For those who do not know, this restaurant is know for scantily clad large breasted women provided for the entertainment of ...
|9 dead in Waco TX biker gang fight
This is a breaking story... If you are anywhere near the Central Texas Marketplace - get out. http://bigstory.ap.org/article/25b4f596ea7c43c7b63b27197a6d35df/multiple-injuries-reported-texas-biker-...
|Jeb shooting himself in the W. means that 'ultra-hawk' Rubio will be the GOP establishment's guy
The picture tells the story. No separation. Just call them Jebya. As bad as you may have thought this week was for Jeb Bush, it was actually worse. This is the week Jeb Bush lost the Republican ...
|The TPP will pass unless progressives make compelling case that touches lives of Americans
A few weeks ago the question was What game is Obama playing with the TPP? A bargain? A ruse? . That question is yet to be answered. After all, should the American worker fear a ...
|High Impact Posts: May 2-8, 2015||jotter||05/17/2015||6|
|High Impact Posts May 9-15, 2015||jotter||05/17/2015||6|
|High Impact Posts: May 16, 2016||jotter||05/17/2015||6|
|Bill Maher: Liberals let old white people run the country
Bill Maher discussed Bill de Blasio's liberal Contract with America known as " The Progressive Agenda to Combat Income Inequality ." The panel included Heather McGhee, president of Demos, and ...
|How will the GOP respond IF the Amtrak Crash is "Terrorism"? And who are the REAL terrorists?
No evidence so far yet, but... Amtrak Train Possibly Hit Before Wreck Mr. Sumwalt said that investigators had found a fist-size circular area of impact on the left side of the Amtrak train’
|High Impact Posts: May 15, 2015||jotter||05/16/2015||7|
|Bill Maher: We are not a serious people and why the British accent is dangerous
Bill Maher asks why Americans won't take things seriously unless it is delivered with a British accent. He points out that in many movies where neither the actors nor the subject has anything to ...
Jeb Bush continues to stumble along, unable to repudiate his brother's legacy - if not actually embracing it. He is surrounding himself with members of the same cabal that led the country ...
|High Impact Posts: May 14, 2015||jotter||05/15/2015||10|
Recommended by realwischeese
- After a long afternoon of wrangling Republicans , House leadership brought a short-term ...210 comments 110 Recs
- Top row: Julius Chambers, Nellie Bly, Upton Sinclair Bottom row: Lincoln Steffens, Ida Tarbell, Ray Stannard Baker There are, in the body politic, economic and social, many and grave evils, and ...63 comments 185 Recs
- Everyone is looking at oil and how it effects Russia, Saudi Arabia, and the shale oil producers in the midwest, but the story is a whole lot larger . Commodity prices are at their lowest since ...496 comments 299 Recs
- When you opened up the covers you knew [translation: love is stronger than hate] at some point your sensibilities would be messed with, that was part of the joy. Yes it is left wing and reverence is ...70 comments 164 Recs
- What the Denver Post is calling an "improvised explosive device" was set off near the Colorado Springs NAACP Chapter. No one was injured, but it could have been worse since the device went off ...125 comments 233 Recs
- Poverty wages aren't necessary for fast food restaurants to succeed, as In-N-Out has long shown on the west coast. Add to that the success of Shake Shack, which ...161 comments 165 Recs
- "Treulich geführt ziehet dahin, wo euch der Segen der Liebe bewahr'!" Right at this second, there is probably at least one couple somewhere on this planet (and maybe even Mongo ) where ...202 comments 45 Recs
- Just a short note here really. The United Auto Workers were defeated in the drive to unionize the VW plant in Tennessee. The vote was 626 for, 712 against. As most of you know, this was a very ...224 comments 172 Recs
- It now looks like the National Football League will get its first openly gay player, not by having a current player come out but by ...89 comments 48 Recs
- During Fox's pre-Super Bowl show, President Obama sat down to chat with Bill O'Reilly. During that interview, Obama may have--at last--opened the trap door under both the winger fringe and its ...150 comments 357 Recs
- No current results.
- No current results.