To best serve the development of all our young people, we need to move away from our one-size-fits-all education system (based on the 19th Century industrial model) to a new approach that encourages and facilitates many profoundly different educational paths, including learning within and outside of schools.
Are you sure you want to remove yourself from this group?
Accept or decline the invitation. A private message will be sent to the group with your response.
Recommended by reconnected
- #KeepYourPromise That's what thousands of future military retirees are asking Congress today. On Friday, ...41 comments 81 Recs
- What follows is an outline of a book I intend to write and get published (even if self-published) in the next few years, based on a lot of the reading, thinking and writing I have done to date. The ...66 comments 6 Recs
- For the first 200,000 years of the human species we were all hunter-gatherers, nomadic tribes of people scattered about the Earth living in sync with the natural ecology of our bountiful planet. It ...17 comments 15 Recs
- Human society is gradually transitioning from hierarchies of domination and control towards egalitarian circles of equals. At least that’s my take on things, and my “life’s work” including ...32 comments 29 Recs
- Well, we knew it would happen but I had honestly hoped that it wouldn't. A legally married spouse has been denied membership to the Association of Ft. Bragg Officers Spouses because her partner is a ...114 comments 272 Recs
- My friend, Lynn Stoddard, a veteran retired educator, is the author of four books and numerous articles on child-centered education reform. I asked him if I could republish his most recent guest ...21 comments 9 Recs
- Sustainability... it will by all accounts be a key theme of 21st century human society. Sustainable agriculture, energy use, carbon footprint, and average family size are already on the table ...38 comments 10 Recs
- Back in August President Obama gave a speech about education policy at Canyon Springs High School in Las Vegas. Here's a snippet posted in a blog piece ... Education should not be a Democratic or ...13 comments 6 Recs
- Our American society is built on the concept of Democracy yet we spend very little time allowing kids to practice the concept in their real lives. Kids are rarely asked to make intelligent choices ...12 comments 9 Recs
- One comment homeschoolers receive time after time is "How can you be qualified to teach your child? Where are your credentials?" That people still ask this amazes me. Welcome to Education ...29 comments 13 Recs
- No current results.
- No current results.