Posting History for redrelic17
|If Lightning Strikes: Pennsylvania Redistricting
With Corbett's approval rating in the toilet and a narrow Republican hold on both chambers of the legislature, there is a chance that the Democrats will hold the trifecta after the 2014 elections. I ...
|Pennsylvania Voter Registration County/Age Breakdown
Pennsylvania is a mixture of Appalachian, Northeastern Megalopolis, and Midwestern voting patterns. Kerry won it by 2, Obama by 11, and Obama looks like he will win it by 8-12 points this year. It ...
|Obama, The Negotiator-in-Chief
It was my last semester at Penn State, when the Democratic presidential primary came to Pennsylvania. I spent most of my free time registering student voters, and imploring them to vote for Obama. ...
|Progressive Democratic Women for US Senate
Beating a powerful incumbent is difficult, but for a female candidate during the 20th century it was impossible. It came as a shock to me to find out that the first woman to defeat an incumbent ...
|Fulbright-Hays Canceled: Vote Your Livelihood
I am a graduate student in neuroscience at Emory University, so I am not affected by the cancelation of the Fulbright-Hays Grants to support liberal arts dissertation research abroad. Even a science ...
|Pro-Union Demonstrators Arrested on Emory Campus
While Republican union busters await their demise in Wisconsin, students in Georgia have taken up the torch of workers' ...
|Congressman Wu: A Story of Success and Mental Illness
I first heard of Congressman David Wu when he gave his infamous Klingon speech on the House floor in 2007. A Star Strek fan, Wu compared President Bush to the fact-challenged, ideology-driven ...
|How I Got Bank of America to Donate to Bryan Lentz (PA-07)
Is there anything better than getting revenge on the evil banksters while helping a progressive Democrat in the process? There is not. And I assure you, I did not need to take any hostages to ...
|Progressive Lentz Throws Republican Machine Into Panic (PA-07)
Machine Republican Pat Meehan does not even belong in the same room as Progressive Democrat Bryan Lentz. Who says so? They very Republican machine that made Pat Meehan: A Delaware County ...
|Poll Shock: Progressive Democrat Poised for Upset (PA-07)
This is a race that the national media, the Pennsylvania political establishment, and basically every jaded know-it-all has assumed would be a Republican pick-up in Congress. But a new polls ...
|Bryan Lentz: A Progressive Democrat for Pennsylvania (PA-07)
I first heard of Bryan Lentz in 2006 when he announced his intention to challenge perhaps the worst Republican in southeastern Pennsylvania, State Representative Tom Gannon. It was a grueling,
|Canvassing at Penn State
I am a long time commenter and a first time diarist. I have loved reading about the canvassing experiences of those savvy Iowans and the hard-working Texans. I am a 21 year-old student, ...
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from this blog?
Set the sticky flag for this diary in the slide rotation:
Set the maximum number of slides to display in the feature:
Recommended by redrelic17
- With all the talk about how Hillary Clinton is the strongest candidate we could run in 2016, I can't help but dredge up the often unnecessarily bitter 2008 primary battle and remember all of the ...134 comments 21 Recs
- Recently there has been a lot of media attention focused on actress Ashley Judd involving a potential bid for Senate against the unpopular and potentially vulnerable senate minority leader Mitch ...40 comments 27 Recs
- Uploaded with ImageShack.us In 2010, Congressman Joe Sestak left what many people believed was a safe seat to challenge Senator Arlen Specter in the Democratic primary and then went on to face off ...15 comments 11 Recs
- Tulsi Gabbard is a candidate for the HI-02 House seat vacated by Congresswoman Hirono to run for Senate. She has previously served in the military, in the Honolulu City Council, and in the Hawaii ...113 comments 37 Recs
- Money in politics is destroying our democracy. If we truly want a government of the people, by the people, and for the people, then we need real campaign finance reform. Our government’s ability ...13 comments 17 Recs
- When I have written diaries on Daily Kos in the past, it has been to talk about youth perspectives on the progressive movement today, or to do some analysis over on Daily Kos Elections about ...2 comments 7 Recs
- 747 comments 533 Recs
- 93 comments 162 Recs
- I've made little secret of my belief, around these parts, that Annapolis will fail to agree on an acceptable 7-0-1 or 8-0 map. I don't believe the Eastern Shore will be split. I don't believe ...14 comments 4 Recs
- Scott Brown's 2010 special election ...267 comments 61 Recs
- No current results.
- No current results.