Below you'll find recent contributions related to rejoice's followed authors, tags, and groups.
|Original Americans forgotten on Memorial Day
|Abbreviated pundit round-up: Young people getting shafted on pay; the real first Memorial Day
E.J. Dionne Jr. at The Washington Post writes The right’s political correctness : Accommodating right-wing primary voters poses real risks to the party in next year’s elections. Its candidates’
|Open thread for night owls. A reprise: 'Lies, Damned Lies, a Searchable Database of Lies'||Meteor Blades||05/24/2015||68|
|Sanders: Campaign coverage should focus on issues instead of outrage, gossip and Facebook comments||Meteor Blades||05/24/2015||127|
|This week at progressive state blogs: Gov. Kasich plays the suckers; Gov. Bryant writes a dumb op-ed
This week in progressive state blogs is designed specifically to focus attention on the writing and analysis of people focused on their home turf. Let me know via comments or Kosmail if you have a ...
|Spotlight on green news & views: Oil spills; the melting poles; Jeb Bush's climate change arrogance
See OceanDiver's post . Many environmentally related posts appearing at Daily Kos each week don't attract the attention they deserve. To help get more eyeballs, Spotlight on Green ...
|Open thread for night owls. OECD: Growing global inequality gap 'has reached a tipping point'
Nadia Prupis at Common Dreams, writes Growing Global Inequality Gap 'Has Reached a Tipping Point' : With the gap between the rich and poor growing worldwide, ...
|Midday open thread: Huckabee backs Ten Commandments BS; DNI keeps bin Laden porn to itself
Today's comic by Mark Fiore is Jeb Bush and Brotherly Love :
|Politico takes a whack at Warren in a lengthy, trade-related hit piece
Politico's nothingburger story on Warren's ...
|Open thread for night owls. Democracy Now interviews Matt Taibbi on confessed bank crooks
Matt Taibbi Amy Goodman interviewed Rolling Stone journalist Matt Taibbi on the news that the five banks—Citigroup, JPMorgan Chase, Barclays, Royal Bank of ...
|Bernie Sanders will make his presidential run official Tuesday
Bernie poses for a selfie with a supporter in Manchester, NH, May 2. Sen. Bernie Sanders will make his presidential primary campaign official Tuesday, May 26, with a public kick-off on the shores ...
|Jeb Bush is partly right. Somebody is definitely 'intellectually arrogant' about climate change
That arrogance does not, however, come from the scientists behind the 97 percent of peer-reviewed papers that say civilization's emissions of greenhouse gases are driving climate change. Nor from ...
|Midday open thread: Foxagandists say Obama wrong to call climate change nat'l security threat
Today's comic by Ruben Bolling is On Iraq: W.W.J.H.D.? (What Would Jeb Have Done?) :
|Surprise! Company whose pipeline burst in Santa Barbara has extensive record of safety violations
A section of Refugio State Beach tainted by oil from burst pipe. Since 2006, the U.S. Pipeline and ...
|Study: BP oil blowout at fault for Gulf of Mexico dolphin deaths. The petroleum giant says nah
Dead dolphin stranded on the Port Fourchon Louisiana coastline in July 2012 following the 2010 Deepwater Horizon oil spill.
|Spotlight on green news & views: Fracking wastewater used on crops; Shell plans for change of 4°+
Check out the saga of the green heron hunting for lunch Many environmentally related posts appearing at Daily Kos each week don't attract the attention ...
|Climate takes up half Obama's commencement address to Coast Guard cadets, with some Arctic irony
Climate change dominated President Obama's commencement address to the Coast Guard graduating class Wednesday. President ...
|Midday open thread: Tech companies oppose TPP; bin Laden's bookshelf; Obama tweets, racism ensues
Today's comic by Matt Bors is Biker Lives Matter :
|As fast-track trade bill heads for Senate cloture vote, House outcome could be up to Nancy Pelosi
Nancy Pelosi could be key in the fight over fast-track trade legislation. Senate Majority Leader Mitch ...
|Open thread for night owls: Bernie Sanders has a plan: Tax Wall Street and make college free
John Nichols at The Nation writes Bernie Sanders Has a Plan: Tax Wall Street and Make College Free : Vermont Senator Bernie Sanders keeps bending the rules of Senate ...
|Midday open thread: Int'l flag of Earth; man admits plot against NY Muslims; O'Reilly denies abuse
Today's comic by Jen Sorensen is The Great Hall of Iraq Whoppers :
|Texas Gov. Greg Abbott does industry's bidding and signs state ban on local fracking bans
Two women await the results of a referendum banning fracking in Denton, Texas, last November. The city's ...
|This man has read the TPP, can't legally tell us the details, but says Warren's criticisms are right
Labor organizations oppose the Trans Pacific Partnership Trade deal in a rally outside of the Capitol in May 2014. His name is Michael Wessel. He has served on the U.S. ...
|Sen. Whitehouse gives his 100th climate change speech. More senators should emulate him
Sen. Sheldon Whitehouse of Rhode Island gave his 20-minute pilot floor speech on climate change in October 2011. But he began his weekly series with a climate change speech in April 2012. Since ...
|Open thread for night owls: Ending distribution of some military matériel to local cops is a start
Colleen Curry at Vice writes about the news Monday that President Obama ...
|Trade argument between Warren and Obama heats up with release of the senator's latest salvo
Elizabeth Warren and Barack Obama in happier times. The report released Monday by Democratic Sen. Elizabeth Warren adds fuel to ...
|Midday open thread: Kayaktivists in Seattle; Flakka makes people run naked through the streets
Today's comic by Tom Tomorrow is Critical reactions :
|Scientists, policy wonks and politicians keep hedging on the grim truths of climate change
If you missed David Roberts's disturbing, depressing piece Friday at Vox, it's more than worth a look. It's essential reading. Roberts, until recently one of the mainstays of the award-winning ...
|Abbreviated pundit round-up: Jeb, oh, Jeb; job insecurity's impact on kids; No Tubman on the $20?
Paul Krugman at The New York Times writes Errors and Lies :Surprise! It turns out that there’s something to be said for having the brother of a failed president make his own run for the White House.
|Open thread for night owls: The empire strikes back
Scott Beauchamp at The Baffler writes— The Empire Strikes Back : Seymour Hersh is a pioneer of investigative journalism, the modern iteration of which he fashioned almost ...
Recommended by rejoice
- By Pam Spaulding, Pam's House Blend When I sat down to write this piece about the legislation in Uganda that not only ...521 comments 222 Recs
- Don't all yell at once. I know the sentiment here will be overwhelmingly opposed. So let me rephrase the question: should we institute compulsory national service broadly defined, which would ...770 comments 192 Recs
- I do not relish this day. This is the day I have the Santa talk with my son. To tell him what and who Santa really is. Santa...is a socialist. A filthy, filthy socialist. From his red suit to ...225 comments 233 Recs
- Many on the religious right would consider Frank Schaeffer an apostate. The son of an important founder of the modern religious Right, Francis Schaeffer, Frank Shaeffer has moved from his previous ...313 comments 498 Recs
- Media Matters has been investigating Glenn Beck's connections to Goldline International In recent months, Glenn Beck has repeatedly used his ...61 comments 23 Recs
- One of the things that fascinates me about debating the supporters of President Obama's decision to send in 30,000 troops to Afghanistan is how often I feel confronted by arguments that don't ...802 comments 547 Recs
- Last week Judge Alex Kozinski of the Ninth Circuit of the U.S. Court of Appeals threw down a major challenge to the Obama administration over equal rights for same-sex couples, fast on the heels of ...438 comments 346 Recs
- Another Thanksgiving has written itself into the walls of history. As is tradition for my immediate family of two, my mother and I traveled to the eastern edge of San Francisco for a delectable ...201 comments 85 Recs
- The Republican Party and its mainstream supporters are not Nazis. Sure, they have some similarities, but so do we all- to begin with, we all eat and breathe. But the word "Nazi" is used specifically ...1035 comments 661 Recs
- UPDATE: Hattip to ontheleftcoast for suggesting I include a contact number for those who are living in fear of abuse: 1.800.799.SAFE (7233) 1.800.787.3224 (TTY)560 comments 386 Recs
- No current results.
- No current results.