Posting History for renewables
|(Update: Pure Snark) Nate Silver Shamelessly Skews His Results to Help Republicans
Nate Silver is obviously a Republican operative who is trying to drive down the Democrats enthusiasm for their candidates my releasing results that show Democrats with chances less favorable than ...
|ATribute to Nate and (Apparently) His Last (at 4am ET) Election 2012 Post
He's gone back to the computer one more time. I won't post the numbers. They are his numbers anyway and you can look them up. They are smigggen less favorable to Obama -only a point or half a point ...
|SURVEY USA HAS OBAMA +5 IN OHIO
"When all is said and done, and 24 hours remain until votes are counted in Ohio, Barack Obama leads Mitt Romney 49% to 44%, according to SurveyUSA’s 5th and final pre-election tracking poll, ...
|Update (Better News): Nate Silver Ups His Totals Again for Obama
His revision is out. Now it's: EV 306.9, Margin of Victory 2.3, Likelyhood of Win 85.1% Latest Nate Silver Calculations Obama Electoral College Total: 306.5 Obama margin of Victory: 2.1 ...
|Obama's Disaster Response Probably Helping Him in Florida
To some extent voters "reward" an incumbent for doing something good for them. Many of the auto workers in Ohio and their families might lean Romney but vote for Obama because of the auto bail out. ...
|Has Romney Shifted to a "Wisconsin Plus" Plan?
It does look like Romney's team has realized that Obama's ground game and focus on early voting in Ohio makes Ohio so unlikely to win that they have switched to a "Wisconsin Plus" Plan. Also, the ...
|Obama Bring Up That Roe v. Wade Clearly is at Stake in the Election
Not talked about during the campaign to any degree is the strong likelihood that Roe v. Wade will be overturned if Romney is elected. In fact, if Romney is elected we are likely to have a staunchly ...
|DNC Should Move Up Obama Speech to 9PM EDT
The traditional way to schedule a nationwide live event is to schedule it very late in the evening on the east coast so that it shows up at a reasonable time on the west coast. Big sporting events-
|Why Republicans Love "Make my day"
Maybe the "Make my day" line has so morphed into American culture that it has no meaning beyond a tough-guy taunt to a punk. A taunt asking the punk to be fool-hearty, so the unnaturally relaxed, ...
|BREAKING: Perry to Continue - Right Choice for Him?
Rick Perry has decided to continue his campaign. http://www.politico.com//blogs/burns-haberman/2012/01/perry-here-we-come-south-carolina-109574.html This is only a sensible move given the weakness ...
|New Poll: Majority of Republicans Favor Taxing 250K More
So just about every Republican in Congress and certainly every Republican Presidential candidate oppose what members of their own party favor. http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2011-10-11/americans-in-...
|Reason for Cain's Rise: Attack Dogs vs. Nice Guys
. Looking at the GOP race it appears that the candidates doing the most attacking of their opponents are successful in harming those they attack, but hurting themselves. The beneficiaries of their ...
|Perry's Tuition Position Destroyed Him As GOP Savior
So much analysis has been given to the idea that Perry's poor debating skills has led to his bad showing in the Florida straw poll. Really? What made the people in the room in Orlando boo him was ...
|No Reason to Release the Photos of Bin Laden
There is one good reason not to release the photos of dead Bin Laden and no good reason to do so. The reason not to release the images is clear: It could inflame fundamentalist radicals in the ...
|Trump Is Not Dumb - Just a Publicity Hound Bigot
Two 22 year olds walk into a bar. One is white and the other is black. Bartender says "Guys, I'll need to see some ID.'' White guy shows his driver's license. The bartender reads it, sees it's ...
|Fukushima: Endangered Workers and What's To Come
I have been watching all the major news shows this morning reporting on the nuclear disaster at Fukushima plant and decided to stop and Tivo CNN. Every once-in-a- while CNN gives a pair of two-...
|New Spin: Fukushima Plant PROVES Nuclear Plant Safety
"We must remember that there are 55 reactors in Japan and this was a huge earthquake, and as a test of the resilience and robustness of nuclear plants it seems they have withstood the effects ...
|Clinton Stood Up to Gingrich: Obama Lost His Moment
In 1995 Gingrich and the Republicans were tough and belligerent --riding high off a recent midterm election sweep. They wanted massive cuts and a change to Republican values: Gut government at all ...
|Boehner Cries for Himself. But Where are His Tears For Others?
He had tears when he remembered the days he had to wait tables before he reached the status of big shot Country Club Republican cavorting with the wealthy and powerful. But Mr Boehner: ...
|Nixon to Palin: Looks, Intelligence and the GOP
I recently viewed the Minnesota GOP video showing how Republicans tend to have attractive women as candidates and Democrats not. It was obviously outrageously offensive and manipulated. There are ...
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from this blog?
Set the sticky flag for this diary in the slide rotation:
Set the maximum number of slides to display in the feature:
Recommended by renewables
- Chief Justice John Roberts made a claim in the hearing of oral arguments on Section 5 of the Voting Rights Acts that Massachusetts has the worst African American voter participation in the country.93 comments 37 Recs
- Nothing much surprises me anymore. When Elliott Abrams actually called Chuck Hagel an anti-Semite, I didn't even bat an eye. It has become clear and evident that we now live in a world when the ...17 comments 9 Recs
- Another inevitability in the wake of a gun-related tragedy is the expression of the idea that we should focus our prevention efforts not on guns, but on mental illness. Now, I have no problem with ...140 comments 210 Recs
- In 1993, before nearly all US Congressional Representatives and Senators traded in their vertebrate status on the issue of gun control, Senator Pat Moynihan from New York suggested that the emphasis ...32 comments 4 Recs
- ..who desperately believes there has to be a conversation and an attempt to get both sides talking and - above all - listening. I live in Washington, DC, and do not have or want a gun. But I own ...28 comments 11 Recs
- If you're a fan of the Godfather, you have to love any book that says all you have to know about managing a crisis you already learned from Vito Corleone. We don't recommend many books, ...2 comments 5 Recs
- This is just a quick diary to give everyone some great news out of Pennsylvania. I live in NJ and have been using the Dashboard Call Tool over the past month or so to reach out to voters in PA to ...14 comments 11 Recs
- I was floored watching John Ford's 1939 classic film "Stagecoach" to hear a corrupt banker who is fleeing town after embezzling the bank's money declare a set of conservative economic principles ...5 comments 8 Recs
- Nate Silver is getting hammered by the right for daring to use math-based math rather than faith-based math. In his defense, I thought it might not hurt to take a quick review, for non-math types, ...187 comments 272 Recs
- From Buzzfeed (article by McKay Coppins ): The plan was for supporters to bring hurricane relief supplies to the event, and then deliver the bags of canned goods, packages of diapers, and cases of ...337 comments 424 Recs
- No current results.
- No current results.