Posting History for ricklewsive
|America: So NOT Post Racial
This is an excellent piece by Cord Jefferson from Gawker. The Year in Racial Amnesia is a powerful read and well worth your time.
|NYT Opinion on the sequester
I have a difficult time grasping the concept of billions of dollars. Sometimes I think I'm close but it remains elusive. I have a million down pretty well, although a trillion dollars is totally ...
|Occupy Nashville Safe (for now)
The Occupy Nashville folks received word today that the ...
The OWS in NYC seems to be settling in after the police unwelcome and going about the business of making it's points and clarifying it's messages. Elsewhere the Occupation forces have been met with ...
|KEPCO, the new TEPCO?
Since the Great Earthquake and subsequent blow up of Fukushima Daiichi power reservation many of the Japanese nuclear reactors have been shutdown for inspections and regulatory approval before ...
|This Should Not Be a Political Fight
What was a vague apprehension for most and a prediction for some has finally become all too real. Now it's something that no one can take it back. The political promoters have been strategizing and ...
|Why Social Security?
Conservatives have declared war against Social Security in their quest to "restore" the fiscal responsibility they themselves have never practiced. Unfortunately, conservative strategy almost always ...
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from this blog?
Set the sticky flag for this diary in the slide rotation:
Set the maximum number of slides to display in the feature:
Recommended by ricklewsive
- Three tropical cyclones churned the waters around Australia on March 11, 2015, including Pam, which reached ...274 comments 425 Recs
- Story by Pamela Hess, UPI Pentagon Correspondent [not The Onion ] Rumsfeld: Looting is transition to freedom [F]reedom's untidy. And free people are free to make mistakes and commit crimes and do ...103 comments 279 Recs
- Thirty-five years ago, babies born in the U.S. had an infant mortality rate equal to Germany. Today, American babies die at twice the rate of those in Germany. Thirty-five years ago, the U.S. ...193 comments 475 Recs
- So, we have 'white riots' ( because we lost the game ), and 'black riots' ( because we're losing our lives ). Guess which riots national and mainstream media choose to demonize? ...93 comments 284 Recs
- More of these will be part of global warming's impacts, scientists predict. The name of the study by Erich M. Fischer and Reto Knutti is a mouthful—42 comments 189 Recs
- I struggled to come up with a decent title for this one. This is about the planes that were overshadowed by their more glamorous counterparts. Everybody loves Mustangs, Spitfires and Hellcats. I ...232 comments 177 Recs
- Franklin D. Roosevelt at his first inaugural address encouraged Americans to stand up to that “nameless, unreasoning, unjustified terror which paralyzes needed efforts to convert retreat into ...20 comments 29 Recs
- On May 6, 2010, at 2:45pm the stock market plunged almost 1,000 points in a matter of seconds. It became known as the Flash Crash , and it spooked a lot of retail investors. Well, fear no more!39 comments 27 Recs
- The stuff of science fiction movies is now here in reality. When I read this article I just paused in shock, opened my mouth and uttered the phrase I always utter at such moments: Holy Shit! As ...7 comments 24 Recs
- Alicia Vikander as Ava in Alex Garland's 'Ex Machina' It's a tale as old as dirt. Man plays God and creates life in our own vision. Some see the creation as tools to do with as we please, while ...86 comments 34 Recs
- No current results.