Below you'll find recent contributions related to rickrocket's followed authors, tags, and groups.
|Battleground Texas threatens to sue Texas over widespread voter disenfranchisement
Today, Battleground Texas' Legal Director Mimi Marziani sent a letter formally notifying Texas Secretary of State Carlos H. Cascos that Battleground Texas is prepared to file a lawsuit if the ...
|Texas & Alaska Floods: El Nino & Hot Oceans Start a Year of Hellish Weather. It Will Get Worse.
There's too much heat in the oceans. Way too much heat. Hot water has surged across the equator in the Pacific and a deep pool of very hot water is building off of Mexico's west coast. Tropical ...
|Texas floods: I am ok, how about you?
Been fighting a bad head cold, so bad my eyes turned red for over a week. To say the least, no way did I care for Madeline during this time. Didn't want to take a chance on damaging her lungs. I ...
|Houston Area Kossacks 5/30 Meetup: Final Call for RSVPs
I hope all of our Houston Area Kossacks are relatively dry after our storm last night! This is just a final reminder about our upcoming meetup, which is scheduled for this Saturday, May 30, at 1:...
|Good Morning Texas! News and Politics with a Progressive Accent
The Texas Progressive Alliance welcomes the unofficial beginning of summer as it brings you this week's roundup. Off the Kuff takes a look behind the scenes at the deal struck between Houston's ...
|Texas Republicans Deny Minimum Wage Increase to Millions
Texas’ House Joint Resolution 26, which would have allowed for a state-wide referendum on increasing the state minimum wage to $10.10, was defeated by Republicans in the Texas House on May 14, 2015.
|Not Everything is Bigger in Texas
Example: Itty Bitty Crowd Attending Commencement Speech by Governor Greg Abbott (R-TX) Last Saturday, when Texas Governor Greg Abbott rose to give the commencement address to the Spring, 2015 ...
|Howdy Texas! Political News and Information that no Texan Should Miss
The Texas Progressive Alliance doesn't need hindsight to know that invading Iraq was a tragically stupid decision as it brings you this week's roundup. Off the Kuff is pleasantly surprised to hear ...
|Texas makes money by prosecuting truancy twice as much as all other states combined
It is so much quieter in school when no one's there. Texas appleseed released a report on Texas's truancy policy ...
|TX Governor signs bill requiring direct 911 dialing
Good news from Texas for a change. For those not aware of this story it actually started in December 2013 when Kari Rene Hunt's estranged husband asked her to meet him in a hotel with their ...
|Texas Gov. Greg Abbott does industry's bidding and signs state ban on local fracking bans
Two women await the results of a referendum banning fracking in Denton, Texas, last November. The city's ...
|Four workers dead, 11 safety violations ... and a $99,000 fine?||Laura Clawson||05/18/2015||70|
|Republican Austerity Kills. Literally
When I heard about the Amtrak train wreck outside of Philadelphia on Tuesday night my heart stopped for a few seconds. My son lives in Washington D.C. His girlfriend's family lives in NYC. I have ...
Recommended by rickrocket
- Today is Saturday in Texas and even though I voted on Monday, the day of early voting in Texas, I went down to our local library where early voting was in process. Early voting here in Houston, ...20 comments 30 Recs
- THE WHITE HOUSE Office of the Press Secretary ________________________________________________________________ For Immediate Release May 1, 2012 REMARKS BY THE ...4 comments 11 Recs
- Both sides of my family have been in south Texas since it was part of Mexico and a colony of Spain, hundreds of years. My mother grew up as a migrant worker in the 30s and 40s, traveling from south ...45 comments 158 Recs
- The other day my friend opined the focus of many movement atheists. I'm beginning to think she's right.59 comments 4 Recs
- Michelle Duggar, the quiverfull mother of 19, and star of TLC's " 19 and ...183 comments 101 Recs
- Do you see what happened in Oakland? That was what you call fucking stupid. Let me tell you why. I had no idea that there were Occupy protests in Oakland. But I do now. Guess why. All you all do ...175 comments 485 Recs
- Given the terrible police brutality in Oakland, I wrote a comment in brooklynbadboy's diary ...88 comments 415 Recs
- In March, you said Obama didn't act quickly enough and with ...176 comments 384 Recs
- [[UPDATE]] Thanks for the rec list. I have to go get my son to sleep, and, after that, I will probably go to sleep myself. See you in the morning. (end update) By any rational standard, I am the 1%294 comments 335 Recs
- As a supporter of the #OWS movement (from afar, only via the Internet), I figured it was high time for me to see it for myself, and today seemed like the perfect day. The weather was great, and my ...138 comments 628 Recs
- No current results.