Posting History for robbinsdale radical
|Fear and Loathing in South Dakota
The South Dakota 2015 Legislative session is in full swing. This is my 21st winter in South Dakota, and it still kind of makes my hair stand on end when Pierre gets rolling. This year, Republicans ...
|First ever Dakotas Equality Summit
(I'm reposting this on behalf of Equality South Dakota. ) Judy and Dennis Shepard, and friends The Black Hills Center for Equality hosted a ...
|Charity is good, but we can do more
I shared this on FB: A long time family friend, who had a very economically tough upbringing, and now is a conservative Christian who is dedicated to helping those in need, responded: Thank you,
A comment supporting the dedicated Capitol Police on Facebook reads: But [the Capitol Police] won't stay home, and those that decided who was "nonessential" know that. They have too strong a sense ...
|"Let's flood his email box with emails"
I got an email with a VERY long signature list at the end, and just had to write a response with the facts. Was it worth it? Who knows. I'm sure you have seen this, another rehashed internet chain ...
|USGS water data under sequester threat
USGS WaterWatch If you are near water, USGS has improved a real-time science service that could get you down to the creek just in time for the best fishing or tubing -- or save your life in an ...
|The R label and the damage done to South Dakota
Nationally, the 2012 general election was very encouraging to me. In general, voters came out against the crazy. Apparently, unfettered corporate money and tea-party rhetoric and Republican efforts ...
|A Friend of the Pe' Sla
The Black Hills local paper of record, the Rapid City Journal, has published a profile of a friend of mine, Mother Linda Kramer, lives in the Heart of the Black Hills and has been working to ...
|David Gregory gold...
David Gregory tries to push PM Netanyahu into common on Mittens incendiary Israel comments. If only he would push Mittens like this. GREGORY: But prime minister, with respect, if I may just ...
|Tonight I felt history
I did not know what to expect as I drove to Rapid City's Memorial Park Wednesday night. I was there to witness a celebration of "The Return of the Pe' Sla" -- and an update on the breathtaking ...
|Sen. Angie Buhl needs your love
If you have a mind to support a state legislative race worth fighting for in the High Plains, I recommend to you South Dakota State Senator Angie Buhl, arguably the most progressive fighter we have ...
|A cry for help from Scott Walker to South Dakota
I have landed on a few conservative mailing lists -- I think I signed a petition just so I’d get some of the scoop from time time. At least they waste a stamp on me. So, although I wasn't ...
|Trouble with a T for Rush in Our Fair City
Tomorrow, in Rapid City, South Dakota, (yes, really) there will be a rally at our largest radio provider in West River, KOTA broadcasting. They got a permit and everything. KOTA has gone on record, ...
|SD Natives have a Tahrir Square moment against TransCanada
Last night saw an inspiring story develop out on the Pine Ridge. On the Last Real Indians blog, Chase Iron Eyes shares the story well: Social networks, telephones, and word of mouth networks were ...
|Suppressing The Vote 2012: South Dakota edition
Not only are we keeping Native American South Dakotans from voting early, our county and ...
|Welcome to South Dakota Kos
This year one of my resolutions is to return to get blogging again to get the word out about things that I think are worth watching in my home state. To that end, I have been getting set up on ...
|The Birth of "The Primitives"
It was obvious ... that something could well be done to cause the emotions of the primitives to flip and flop politically if only the right nerve spots were touched." -T.H. White, ...
|Happy Anniversary, Newt!
Today is a great day for Newt Gingrich, as he gets to update his anniversary calendar with happier memories. Newt has two events of Gingrichinana to to promote and one to avoid this weekend. ...
|Kristi Noem comes home to South Dakota
Apparently Rep. Kristi Noem has decided she has to start showing up at something in her home state besides closed-door fundraisers...
|Sen Thune against net neutrality?
Sen. John Thune had a word about "government intervention" in his December newsletter: Shortly before Christmas, the Federal Communications Commission (FCC), voted to enact so-called ...
|Air Quality Improved during GWB Era!
WTF, I say! This is being linked across the freeposphere. But then I saw the source; it's a study from the American Enterprise Lie Kitchen Institute.
|South Dakota dead last in integrity ranking
If you'd like to support a hard-working, together, local party that's on the ropes (our candidates got absolutely hammered this year), please ...
|A Tale of Entitlement
This is a story of a first-time candidate, how she got there, and how a meeting with her Republican incumbent opponent reminded her why she's doing this. My dear spouse,
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from this blog?
Set the sticky flag for this diary in the slide rotation:
Set the maximum number of slides to display in the feature:
Recommended by robbinsdale radical
- Advice I never wanted from my mother. Happy Mothers' Day, mum, wherever you are. https://davidkeithlaw.wordpress.com/2015/05/10/when-a-girl-has-a-lot-of-sex/ Dean Martin, the old ...72 comments 180 Recs
- House Bill 1094 would remove the "In no case shall the minimum wage be decreased" provision from the voter enacted min wage increase. More here . Also on tap: Senate Bill 166 which changes the ...5 comments 4 Recs
- David McCabe ...302 comments 462 Recs
- Lots of you continue to get unhinged emails from people on Facebook, your drunk uncle, and various Tea Party relatives. Here's a gentle response to them.... Pretty soon Obama will be gone and you ...302 comments 570 Recs
- America is facing a retirement crisis. This is something (most) everyone can agree on. But why? Why is America facing a retirement crisis when in the 80's, everyone was promised that the magical ...543 comments 307 Recs
- It didn't occur to me until just now, watching the anger rise on the streets of Ferguson. Throughout the day, when I heard the announcement would take place at 9:00 eastern time and 8:00 local time,157 comments 338 Recs
- I knew I was screwed when I looked out the window first thing in the morning and saw it was snowing. A rare mid-November storm was hitting Columbus on a day I had to commute. Snow means bad roads ...277 comments 221 Recs
- Leading Off : • SD-Sen : There has been very little significant outside spending in this contest, but that may be starting to change. Every Voice Action ...28 comments 20 Recs
- Leading Off : • SD-Sen : A few days ago, Democrat Rick Weiland ran a spot hitting Republican Mike Rounds for allegedly auctioning off permanent resident cards (EB-5s) to ...18 comments 11 Recs
- Gov. Jerry Brown (D-CA) The ...39 comments 55 Recs