Posting History for roguemapper
|DRA Status: NJ, RI, MT, AK, OR
Yes, I'm still at it! On Sunday I sent off a data set for 2008 New Jersey presidential figures to replace the one currently on Dave's Redistricting App . I also sent off a file with presidential ...
|Arkansas ready for DRA
I finally have an Arkansas data set ready for Dave's Redistricting App . To put it mildly, sorting out the 2008 election data for the state was a nightmare. In any event, I'll be forwarding it to ...
|Help get Oregon election data on DRA
Hi everyone. After a long hiatus I'm once again prepping election data for Dave's Redistricting App . Right now I'm wrapping up Arkansas with just two counties left to sort out (Garland & Phillips). ...
Hi everyone. Here we go with another update on what I've been working on for DRA and what I plan to do next. Before I get to that, a quick comment about 'found votes' in my DRA fixes. I've had ...
The long-awaited update is finally uploaded to Dave's Redistricting App. In summary, these are the states with revisions. 2008 presidential data has been added for Kentucky , Massachusetts , and ...
|New 8-0 Maryland
Here's my second attempt at an 8-0 Maryland map. My goal was to account for most, if not all, of the problems that were pointed out on my first attempt. So, I'm obviously interested in views on why ...
|An 8-0 Maryland Attempt
Maryland maps have obviously been popular here lately, so I figured I'd try my hand at an 8-0 map. I have little doubt that I've either committed some parochial faux pas (but at least I didn't split ...
|The New North Carolina Political Landscape - Updated
Due to several requests I am adding this notice. Permission to Use: Anyone is more than welcome to use, reproduce, and distribute this document or any portion ...
|The illegality of the proposed North Carolina map
Promoted from the diaries. Roguemapper will be delivering a presentation on the first half of this post at a public hearing on redistricting at Asheville-Buncombe Technical Community College this ...
|CA Election Data for DRA - Update w/Poll
Earlier today I forwarded a data file for upload to Dave's Redistricting App that features 2008 & 2010 election data by block group as compiled by the California Statewide Database at UC Berkeley. ...
|The Real O.C.
So, just out of curiosity, I decided to see what the election stats would look like in Orange County after Loretta Sanchez's district is restored to an effective Latino majority. Note, for the record,
|Election Data Poll!
As many of you know I've been working on preparing election data for upload to Dave's App. So far I've completed Illinois, Nevada, Arizona, Minnesota, and also Idaho by request (which is not yet ...
|'Short' Guide to the VRA
As requested, I've put together a guide to the main principles and key legal decisions governing the application of the Voting Rights Act in matters of redistricting. A few opening remarks are in ...
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from this blog?
Set the sticky flag for this diary in the slide rotation:
Set the maximum number of slides to display in the feature:
Recommended by roguemapper
- A Comprehensive Look at the NC State Legislature Elections and the 2014 Landscape Part 1: The SenateFollowing the 2012 elections, North Carolina saw its first Republican-led one party government since Reconstruction. Thanks to their control over the redistricting process, Republicans were able to ...37 comments 47 Recs
- Before there was Daily Kos Elections there was a brilliant blog started by David Nir that with great skill and immense dedication by David Nir and his co-blogger Jame L, Chrisitunity, and JeffMD ...29 comments 34 Recs
- Hi everyone! Version 2.2.23 is released! Spurred on by a mention of DRA in Sam Wang's NYT article I've spent most of this weekend enabling DRA to load the 113th Congress shapes as the "Old CDs." ...29 comments 16 Recs
- This is for all of you election nerds and DKErs who like to do your own redistricting hypotheticals using Dave's Redistricting App . Those of you familiar with my past redistricting diaries will ...3 comments 11 Recs
- A common assumption in Maryland redistricting maps is that MD-01 is to be based in the Eastern Shore. This map rejects that assumption and takes a different tack. None of MD-01 at all is in the ...4 comments 4 Recs
- Yesterday, I read with some alarm these three articles: http://marylandreporter.com/2011/10/07/black-group-charges-racial-gerrymandering-in-new-congressional-districts-and-may-file-suit/ http://...39 comments 5 Recs
- Sorry to add yet another Maryland gerrymander to the cluster that dominated the Daily Kos Elections bar this past week, but with the Maryland legislature looking to pick the new maps pretty soon (...13 comments 8 Recs
- This is the 2nd post out of 3 posts analyzing fair redistricting in Florida. Here is my 1st post: http://racesandredistricting.blogspot.com/2011/08/florida-fair-redistricting-part-i-north.html Also,4 comments 11 Recs
- Cross posted on my blog: http://racesandredistricting.blogspot.com/2011/08/florida-fair-redistricting-part-i-north.html Florida recently passed a fair redistricting inititative and although the ...18 comments 5 Recs
- Last week, the state legislature passed new congressional and legislative maps. I thought that I would analyze the new state senate districts that have been drawn by the state legislature. I have ...36 comments 11 Recs
- No current results.
- No current results.