Posting History for roubs
|The one issue that matters more than all the rest.
Are we nearing a planetary boundary? I find the title of this article kinda hilarious. But only in a dark humor kinda way-- because what is this article about? Only the degradation of our ...
|ACTION: Obama attacks Keystone XL Pipeline; Will Obama listen?
President Obama: But what we can't do - what I won't do - is let this economic crisis be used as an excuse to wipe ...
|Share this Video
Very Short Diary: This is the Republican debate last night in 45 seconds: http://youtu.be/sTZrMNPhQAc Please share it with your friends, lists, whatever ...
|Bill Moyers is back!!
This will be a joke* of a diary, but I hadn't seen this mentioned yet here: Bill ...
|Speaker Palin issues orders to her caucus
The following are Speaker Palin's marching orders to her caucus in the United States House of Representatives. All orders are delivered via Twitter. All my best to you, GOP Freshmen, ...
|Barack Obama abdicates his role as Educator-in-Chief. That sucks. Now what?
This diary is action oriented. Please bear with me :) I just finished listening to Robert Reich on NPR . He leveled the fair ...
|My email to Jim Sensenbrenner
I have to bite my tongue not to hurl invectives at this particular congressman. My congressman. He is odious and a constant threat to the middle class. Yet I emailed him, because he represents me ...
|DON'T F^#% WITH MY SMOOTH AND MOISTURIZED SKIN, KOS!!1
I was just trying to read a diary when a voice called out to me: What if my smooth and moisturized skin could last twice as long? AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH! Okay I haven'...
|I DEMAND a civil, non confrontational approach!!!
Today's pie fight is an example of how we are talking past each other and wasting our time being unproductive. I speak of the diaries "Ezra Klein Calls President Obama A Moderate Republican" and "...
|10 days, 100,000 pledges to recall Scott Walker
Note: I'm not affiliated with United Wisconsin , just a fan. According to the citizen activist Michael Brown who launched United Wisconsin, he ...
|Building the Snowball: What to tell your friends who are on the fence about protesting
What follows is one humble suggestion on how to keep building the snowball that will flatten the Republican attack on the middle class. The ideas in this diary are meant to be taken off our little ...
|ACTION: Wisconsinites Pledge to Recall Walker. Pass this on.
I only found one diary with 9 comments plugging this website so I think it would be useful to post another and explain why getting a commitment from WI voters now is so important. A concerned ...
|This protest video gave me the shivers
I know many of you saw the first one , so I thought I'd pass on the second.
|President Obama gave the wrong weekly address
Really, President Obama, a weekly address about Intel???? I am generally very supportive of President Obama. Really, a two second check of my illustrious diary history will reveal me congratulating ...
|Senator Kyl, why are you making America less safe?
Senator John Kyl is compromising the safety and security of the United States of America by pushing for a ...
|Action: How Democrats can win the votes of young adults.
I read and rec'ed this diary because as a twenty something I believe this is ...
|Epic Smackdown of Prop 8 proponent's "experts"
Today's prop 8 decision is a smackdown treasure trove. I am gleefully reading examples of bogus arguments put forward by Prop 8 proponents and then torn apart by both Judge Walker and the plaintiff'...
|Candidate Obama would compromise on offshore drilling.
I don't support offshore drilling, but I can already hear the drumbeat of "This is change we can believe in ???!" Well, actually,
|Thanks Blue Dogs, we couldn't have done it without you
You may be forgiven for thinking this diary title is snark, but without 53% of the Blue Dog Coalition's support health care reform would not have passed tonight. That's right, more ...
|No, actually we can criticize HuffPo
and Greenwald, Rahm, Obama and our best friend who should not have picked out those shoes. Huffington Post reported on facts which reflect poorly on the leader and ...
|Everybody Eats: A Whole Foods boycott must be about more than just a boycott of Whole Foods
First of all let me say I am 100% on board with not shopping at Whole Foods Market. To me this is a simple "vote with your feet/wallet" issue and I will not spend another dollar there. I want to ...
|We must end socialized fire fighting now--UPDATED!
I'd like to bring attention to an important problem facing our nation. Many people have a wrong view of how our founding fathers set up this nation. I have a pocket constitution right here and no ...
|PTSD: A Physical Wound
You may have read in Morning Reaction or elsewhere that the Army has denied the Purple Heart to those suffering from PTSD. I'
|John McCain is batshit crazy and must be stopped.
I've already given Barack Obama hundreds of dollars, I've been engaged in trying to help him and Democrats however I can. But the events of the last two days have got me downright scared of the ...
|Dear media, shut up and do your job.
Maybe it's silly for me to rant about gasbags being gasbags, but this nonsense about Barack Obama being "cold" really smacks of another utterly manufactured problem.
|Wellstone Mental Health Parity Act PASSED!
Pardon a break from the candidate diaries... The House has passed the Paul Wellstone Mental Health and Addiction Equity Act ! I'...
|This diary could piss off everyone! w/poll!!!1
Just because we're having a heated primary fight does not mean we need to damage our community. Both sides need to get over their candidate and realize that the other one won't destroy the party/...
|Super Tuesday Drinking Game
For anyone who can stand listening to the commentary on CNN/MSNBC, I thought this might make it fun. I'm not even going to touch Fox. Disclaimer: It may not be a good idea to enforce all of the ...
|This Diary is a Food Drive
Food Banks, in a Squeeze, Tighten Belts There is a critical shortage in America's food banks, and after reading ...
|Lethal Injection: Cruel and Unusual
How enviable a quiet death by lethal injection. -Antonin Scalia I'd like to take a moment and direct your attention to Elizabeth Weil'...
|Senator Clinton devoured my firstborn! w/poll!
A cookie to whoever's the first to accuse me of being Hillary's paid blogger for posting this, and yes, I'm going to disclaimer it with the fact that I don't support her. At the same time, I find ...
|How to prevent the next George W Bush
I'm sure many of you have read Lies my teacher told me and many could provide more insightful commentary than I, but I'd like to ...
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from this blog?
Set the sticky flag for this diary in the slide rotation:
Set the maximum number of slides to display in the feature:
Recommended by roubs
- I moved here in 1986 and made this my adopted state. I often read, including here at Daily Kos, that Kentucky is a "Red" (or Republican-dominated) state. "Wow. Isn't it amazing that Alison ...207 comments 283 Recs
- Pollen studies found that treeless Lake Elgygytgyn in the harsh Siberian Arctic had a temperate climate and was tree lined the last time CO2 was at today's level of 400ppm. A meteorite crashed ...123 comments 197 Recs
- Ashley Broadway, left, is pictured with her wife, Lt. Col. Heather Mack and their 2-year-old son. Awesome news breaking from NBC: An ...83 comments 278 Recs
- C-SPAN2: Senator Tom Udall is speaking now about filibuster reform. It's now or never. http://www.c-span.org/Live-Video/C-SPAN2/91 comments 40 Recs
- “As a reward for a quarter-century of patiently fulfilling their duties, career bureaucrats may expect a second career as . . . ...89 comments 85 Recs
- I once read how, when Jawaharla Nehru’s father died, three weeks later, a letter arrived wherever he was then living in India. This occurred in 1931, but the letter was dated, February 28, 1926. ...23 comments 19 Recs
- So yeah, I might qualify as the president of the Bernie Sanders fan club, but I know I'd have stiff competition. And yeah, if a political hero is possible, mine is Mr. Sanders. And you know, it's ...39 comments 36 Recs
- Oh my. I watched clips of the president today, his voice scarred by overuse, his crisp white sleeves rolled up, grabbing the podium in a way that hoped to launch his spirit of YES, STILL, hope. ...480 comments 620 Recs
- If you bought a lottery ticket and had a one-in-four chance of winning, would you not be over the moon? That's what Romney has right now as his election chances according to Nate Silver. Yeah, 75 ...168 comments 217 Recs
- This is a break from reality diary. Sometimes you gotta take in a little distraction to get your head clear. This is about the book and soon-to-be-released movie called Cloud Atlas by David ...87 comments 87 Recs
- No current results.