|Badger State Progressive
A place to recover from the shock, get mad and do something about the Republican ravages in Wisconsin.
|Daily Kos Phazebook Progressive Social Networking Group
Welcome to the Daily Kos Phazebook social networking group. We are destined to become the Daily Kos largest social networking site. Are you interested in having a virtual phaze to phaze meeting with your favorite Daily Kos author or commentator? If so check out their personal DKos phazebook diary because now they and you have an opportunity to make a diary introducing yourself and your interests and you're not restricted to a few sentences or a single graphic. This is Daily Kos social networkin...
Poems from the Left: Welcome to the Daily Kos community political poetry club. Drop by and speak your mind in rhyme or blank verse. Let'ÃÂÃÂÃÂÃÂs use language to scream our passion to the world. Bongos, berets and turtle neck sweaters are optional. The keypad is mightier than the sword.
|Kossacks Against Scott Walker
DailyKos members who oppose Scott Walker and his far-right agenda
A group founded in the rubble known as Scott Walker's policies.
|Occupy the Mall - the March of the 99%
We will organize a coordinated descent of OWS, its sister movements and allies on the national mall. We will bring hundreds of thousands, even millions, representing the 99% and demanding our government back @occupythemall #occupythemall. This historic event will not happen automatically, and will take months of planning. We must start now, and this group is for organizing.
|Occupy Wall Street
This is a clearinghouse of all posts related to the grassroots effort to return this country to Democracy.
This group is dedicated to Atheists, Humanists, and Free-Thinkers, who wish for their voices to be heard within the larger Progressive Community. However one of us wants to be identified, we all share the common background of reaching our beliefs through critical thinking and deep personal reflection. Despite this, Atheists still face widespread discrimination throughout the world, and require significant political support for our various causes. Finding support within the Progressive/Liberal C...
Progressives who believe that the hippies got it right back in the day and today. We have a Facebook presence. Here's the URL to our Facebook group: facebook.com/groups/progressivehippies/ And here's the URL to our Facebook community page: facebook.com/pages/Progressive-Hippies/341828275978781
This is the group for the pooties, woozles, and birdies people and if you don't like them and don't see the purpose of us being here, please, do not bother us. Just remember what Nurse Kelley said "Don't f**k with the pootie people.
|Readers and Book Lovers
Where readers, writers, bibliophiles, and lovers of all things literary find their favorite series and one-of-a-kind diaries, including "Bookflurries," "Write On!," and "What are you reading?" Plus newer series like "Books So Bad They're Good," "Books in My Life," (formerly "Books That Changed My Life"), "Monday Murder Mystery," "Contemporary Fiction Views," "LGBT Literature," and "Books Go Boom!" We hope you'll visit Readers & Book Lovers for the same reasons you get together with a friend -- ...
Writing songs of struggle in the tradition of the IWW.
|Shamrock American Kossacks
Kossacks who take their Great Orange Satan with a bit o' the Green. If your appreciation of Irish geneaology, history, culture or politics informs your views, this might be the group for you.
|What's for Dinner
A Saturday evening get-together where friends share recipes, talk about good food and help others answer culinary questions.
Are you sure you want to remove yourself from this group?
Accept or decline the invitation. A private message will be sent to the group with your response.
Recommended by ruleoflaw
- 'Tis summer, and time for a middle aged woman's fancies to turn to thoughts of bad books. Not only bad books, of course. I picked up several excellent books at Kalamazoo last week, two of which I'...12 comments 18 Recs
- A short diary, praising the kindness, dedication, compassion, and steadfast good spirit who is known here as Joy of Fishes. More may be forthcoming from others Kossacks. I'll merely remark that she ...23 comments 38 Recs
- "We're associated with being anti-everything," Bush said. "Way too many people believe that Republicans are anti-immigrant, anti-woman, anti-science , anti-gay, anti-worker. Many voters are simply ...25 comments 17 Recs
- A rainbow over Dublin. Proof that nature has a sense of humor.52 comments 261 Recs
- 67 comments 160 Recs
- There is a character in Thornton Wilder’s play, “Our Town,” named Simon Stinson, an alcoholic with secrets, we are told, who was “Not cut out for small town life.” Simon lived in the ...11 comments 24 Recs
- We hear over and over from the evangelical right how secularism is destroying America and oppressing their religious expression. They seem to be unable to distinguish between secularism and certain ...16 comments 21 Recs
- Good Morning Kossacks and Welcome to Morning Open Thread (MOT) We're known as the MOTley Crew and you can find us here every morning at 7:00 am Eastern (and perhaps sometimes earlier!). Feel free to ...37 comments 11 Recs