Posting History for scribblingTiresias
|KosAbility: Autism Cures, Part the Second
In the first part of this series , I discussed the way my family was sucked into the world of autism biomedical treatments. Now, I'm going to discuss the more "heavy duty" treatments, as well as sum ...
|KosAbility: Autism "Cures", Part The First
KosAbility is a Sunday 4pm(Pacific time) community series by volunteer diarists, as a gathering for people living with disabilities, who love someone with a disability, or who want to know more ...
|The Deserving Disabled
In the recent debates on income inequality, the phrase "the deserving poor" has come up a lot. Conservative people tend to believe that only certain poor people deserve help- the ones who aren't "...
|Casual Ableism and DailyKos- This Needs To Stop
I've noticed a disturbing trend floating around Kos, and it makes me kind of upset. A lot of people in the community engage in really really casual ableism. Ableism is discriminating against ...
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from this blog?
Set the sticky flag for this diary in the slide rotation:
Set the maximum number of slides to display in the feature:
Recommended by scribblingTiresias
- If you have watched any of the "Where the Hell is Matt?" videos, you know how inadequate a description of them this is: [http://www.wherethehellismatt.com/about Matt Harding] dances in various places,13 comments 16 Recs
- In Republican primary races, the race to the bottom continues unimpeded. “Senator Hagan says we got to have a nice debate and discussion (...237 comments 234 Recs
- The Military Religious Freedom Foundation (MRFF) would like to specifically respond to and correct some of the egregiously�erroneous�statements made by retired USAF Maj. General Bentley Rayburn in ...40 comments 175 Recs
- One pint-sized can of rhetorical whup-ass OK, not just any twelve year-old. Those of you who follow the Moral Monday movement in North Carolina may remember Madison Kimrey, the twelve year-old ...319 comments 584 Recs
- Naya Taylor found out that her primary care physician, Aja Lystila, considered her to be less than human . When Taylor requested the start of hormone therapy in order to treat her gender dysphoria, ...49 comments 116 Recs
- "Honestly, nothing will really change." That was an excerpt from a message sent to me by a friend who saw my last diary entry, The Day Democracy Died . "Honestly, nothing will really change." I'...19 comments 20 Recs
- There is an argument that conservatives like to make about liberals who espouse tolerance and who take stands against acts of intolerance, are being intolerant themselves for not tolerating the ...63 comments 69 Recs
- In three of the four Gospels of the New Testament, the two thieves crucified on either side of Jesus are but bit players. The Gospels of Matthew and Mark portray them as impertinent and ignorant ...16 comments 40 Recs
- I've always felt that one of the characteristics of better writing is that each character is given his own voice. This can be done in a lot of ways. If you understand what the characters desire and ...17 comments 17 Recs
- I've done them all: Vampire: The Masquerade, Dungeons and Dragons, GURPS, Call of Cthulhu Deadlands, Savage Worlds, the occasional LARP. I've been a gamer for a quarter century. So sue me, I'm an ...228 comments 159 Recs
- No current results.