Posting History for seanflynn
|Done deal: Nate Silver hired by Disney/ESPN/ABC
From Deadline Hollywood - Nate Silver is moving next month from the NYTimes to ESPN (for sports) and ABC (for politics), including presumably both blog and live work. Disney owns both entities. http:
|Michael Moore Speaks Out on Zero Dark Thirty
I assume Michael Moore has credibility on this subject as both a proven progressive but also an acclaimed political filmmaker. He has just written on Zero Dark Thirty on Huffington Post, and has ...
|Just now on MSNBC: Lieberman breaks w/ McCain over Rice
Minutes ago, on Andrea Mitchell, on the subject of Susan Rice, Joe Lieberman just advised his colleagues to "have a little mercy" on Susan Rice, saying that what she did - repeating the Intelligence ...
|How Rick Perry wins and changes the US forever
My hope is that this is a feverish nightmare and my fellow Kossacks can convince me that this is silly and will never happen. Still, my mind tends to race to game plan theories and futuristic ...
|Stanley Cup will be in Chicago Gay Pride parade
Sorry for the brief diary, but this is too good to pass up. The Chicago Black Hawks and the NHL have announced that they have arranged to fly the Stanley Cup back to Chicago for the upcoming Gay ...
|Malawi gay couple pardoned
Sorry for the short diary, but this hasn't been reported here that I see and unlike a lot of stories it has some (somewhat) good news. While checking the BBC for their reports on the attack on ...
|NBC censors gay Olympic history (4 UPDATES)
For those of you who watched the Olympics last night, you saw one of the great upsets - Australian Matthew Mitcham winning the gold medal in the men's 10 metre platform. He won on his last dive, ...
|UPDATED: Indiana 2nd Obama stop Saturday?
Just in from Marc Ambinder via the Nashville Post - as he says, doesn't mean that Bayh is the choice, but it is interesting:
|The big VP timing questions no one asks
On this and all the other blogs I read, on all the cable political shows I watch, in newspapers available to me, I have yet to see any serious discussion of possibly the second most important ...
|Huge Afghanistan news: major prison break
Just before the Tim Russert news, MSNBC reported that suicide bombers attacked the main prison in Kandahar, and that this resulted in a mass prison break, with all or nearly all prisoners escaping, ...
|Reid's hands likely tied re: Lieberman
The impassioned and angry strong support for punishing Joe Lieberman is getting a full airing on a recommended diary. The desire to take action is totally understandable. The purpose of this ...
|Gov Paterson (Clinton del) sees desperation
Just follow the link - Gov David Paterson, who is a Clinton superdelegate, was answering questions from listeners on a NYC radio show - (he is Gov of NY) He is not changing his vote, but he did ...
|Sen. Kennedy, peacemaker
I submit this diary with care and some trepidation. If the consensus is that it is unseemly and inappropriate, I will delete it. Inspired by the picture of a smiling, vigorous looking Sen. Ted ...
|James Wolcott gets it
As many Kossacks know, the very erudite (and progressive) Vanity Fair writer/blogger has been a marginal Clinton supporter, and has written somewhat about his concerns with how some Obama supporters ...
|Gallup 5/4: Obama back to 4 pt lead
Obama back to a lead in Gallup; must have had a real strong Saturday ...
|Andrew Sullivan: The case for Obama/Clinton
First, some explanations and background. Andrew Sullivan loathes Hillary Clinton as much as anyone here (he nearly drove me from his site until I realized he was on to something). He is also a ...
|We started Operation Chaos
Daily Kos is like my second home, and my admiration for Markos is tremendous. But he is human, and like all of us, makes mistakes. One of them was last January, when a number of posters ...
|Gallup now 49-45
Brief note - TPM reports that today's 3 day tracking indicates a narrowing of the Obama lead to 49-45%. This four point shift most likely indicates a combination of two better Clinton days Sun ...
|Edwards did NOT endorse anyone
Via TPM, from Greg Sargent: Edwards Didn't Endorse Anyone On Leno Tonight, NBC Flack Confirms By Greg Sargent - March 20, 2008, 9:02PM John Edwards just finished up taping his appearance on Jay ...
|1st exit polls (CNN/2:43 PM PDT)
The early pre-candidate vote exit poll results are dribbling out. (They have only teased us with this for more than 90 minutes) For what it's worth, in Mississippi today, only one breakdown ...
|Doesn't Clinton need the FL, MI dooevers?
Pardon me if this has been written about. And also upfront - I am as ardent an Obama supporter as anyone here. Also because this was misunderstood, I am rewriting the beginning. Irrespective ...
|Petraeus as the GOP nominee?
Just had a thought - with the pygmies running in the GOP race, and Giuliani likely toxic (the recent immigration sanity from him won't help), what are the chances that if there is still a divided ...
|ACTION ALERT: GOP California mischief
As most of you know, California has a fairly easy proposition process which overrides state law and anything the (overwhelmingly Democratic) Legislature can do. The GOP, clearly led by Karl Rove, ...
|If David Vitter resigns
I am not from Louisiana, but have a passing knowledge of its election law and local politics. It would be better for someone from there to greatly supplement what I am writing here. If more ...
|Major electoral college reform - how do we feel?||seanflynn||05/31/2006||43||3||-||-|
|Is Bush TRYING to make things worse?||seanflynn||09/04/2005||21||5||-||-|
|Shaming the wingnuts||seanflynn||06/04/2005||9||7||-||18|
|On Canada/blue states||seanflynn||11/04/2004||6||-||-||-|
|Schadenfreude (revised) + POLL||seanflynn||11/01/2004||12||1||-||-|
|A role for Bill Clinton||seanflynn||10/24/2004||11||1||-||-|
|Bush/Kerry speech coverage||seanflynn||10/18/2004||11||3||-||-|
|Election day suggestion||seanflynn||10/16/2004||7||-||-||-|
|Flu vaccine opportunities||seanflynn||10/13/2004||2||-||-||-|
|Incentive to work in solid blue states||seanflynn||10/12/2004||20||1||-||-|
|Polling places moved from schools?||seanflynn||10/07/2004||2||-||-||-|
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from this blog?
Set the sticky flag for this diary in the slide rotation:
Set the maximum number of slides to display in the feature:
Recommended by seanflynn
- Young Spencer Zwick was Mitt Romney's campaign finance director with a twist. He did so through his own private business. I think this is a twist. Zwick isn’t employed by the campaign. Instead, ...26 comments 32 Recs
- I recently posted comments about Mittens, which speak to his management style and personality, but I think I have enough now to make a diary of it. That R-MONEY has been "personally" screwing up ...45 comments 19 Recs
- The federal bust of a supposed Israeli spy who actually had no links whatsoever to Israeli agents reflects the infiltrator-driven "terrorism" cases that the media have uncritically hyped.54 comments 5 Recs
- With even the Pentagon wondering how Obama will get 40,000 more soldiers to put into Afghanistan, it is ...62 comments 18 Recs
- I thought this might be an apt time to tell my personal story. There are very few people I've told this story to in "real" life, and I'm sure you'll understand why if you chose to read the rest of ...525 comments 613 Recs
- I know that many people get excited over the news that comes out every day – whether it is the Georgia run off, the MN recount, Obama’s appointments, what Bush or Rove or some other ...550 comments 886 Recs
- The Lieberman debacle has traumatized many people around here, but mourning should not take the time that action should. The first vote on Henry Waxman versus John Dingell for Energy/...35 comments 36 Recs
- SoCal is once again on fire. Temperatures are in the 90s and winds gusting to 50-60 MPH. Red flag warning extended to Sunday 4PM. Some concern that the Yorba Linda/Brea fires could merge. Reports of ...407 comments 427 Recs
- I hope I can be indulged a very personal diary. Today I had my best day canvassing ever.191 comments 630 Recs
- Yes, the unfunny slightly mentally challenged wingnut brother of Alec has called out Barack Obama once again. You might remember douchebigalow came out in July and had this to say about an Obama ...98 comments 9 Recs
- No current results.
- No current results.