Posting History for selise
|James K. Galbraith: The Final Death (and Next Life) of Maynard Keynes
Posted below, with kind permission of the author, is the transcript (see note below) of James K. Galbraith’s keynote lecture to ...
|Dear CPC Co-Chair Rep. Keith Ellison: Progressive Values need a Progressive Economic Policy
If the road to hell is paved with good intentions, then the road political progressives are on may be very well paved, but it's still heading in the wrong direction.
|James K. Galbraith: Without the rule of law, the financial sector is no use to anyone...
Posted below, with kind permission of the author, is the transcript (see note below) of James K. Galbraith’s talk on financial ...
|Dear Representative James P. McGovern
The Honorable James P. McGovern 438 Cannon House Office Building United States House of Representatives Washington, DC 20515 Dear Representative McGovern, My name is xxxx xxxx. I am writing to ask ...
|L. Randall Wray: A PROGRESSIVE APPROACH TO FEDERAL BUDGETING
[The following is x-posted with the kind permission of the author. — selise] ...
|USG deficits: The Economics, the Politics, the Banksters and You.
The Economics : James K. Galbraith: In Defense of Deficits ... a big deficit-reduction program ...
|Social Security: The Real and The Unreal||selise||04/05/2011||3||7||1||67|
|Why Paul Krugman, and we, need to take MMT economists seriously.
Everything I'm going to try to say in this diary, save the last bit, can probably be summed up by this comment ...
|Fiscal Sustainability Teach-In & The Deficit: Nine Myths We Can’t Afford
For everyone who wasn't able to attend Wednesday's Fiscal Sustainability Teach-In and Counter-Conference at GWU, with help from the volunteers who made the recordings, I've posted each session's ...
|Time to Sweep the Vampire Squid Off Our Faces and Make Room for the Real Change
Warning : At the end of this diary, I'm going to be asking for your support. Your financial support. Please consider making ...
|Single-payer Medicare for All: Imagine electing a senator who will lead the movement
FDL is holding a fundraiser RIGHT NOW (12-2p ET) for Jonathan Tasini with David Swanson (Daybreak: Undoing the Imperial Presidency and Forming a More Perfect Union). If you can walk and chew gum at ...
|Looking back at FISA's year in the House - Appendix
This diary contains, as an Appendix, the detailed timeline for my diary, "Looking back at FISA's year in the House ." ...
|Looking back at FISA's year in the House
This diary is my attempt to document and deconstruct the political theater we've witnessed from the House of Representatives, and specifically its Democratic leadership, in amending FISA this past ...
|how FISA went down in the House
How was it, that the truly awful S.1927 , was passed in a Democratic majority House last week? During the many hours spent ...
|Kerry's speech - report from FDL roots project||selise||04/23/2006||63||45||3||77|
|email update from: No Stolen Elections!||selise||11/10/2004||1||1||-||-|
|more info from NLG on RNC protests....||selise||09/04/2004||2||3||-||-|
|why i am going to nyc||selise||08/23/2004||12||5||-||-|
|update - 8/29/04 anti-bush protest and march in NYC||selise||08/13/2004||4||-||-||-|
|update - 8/29/04 protest and march in NYC||selise||08/10/2004||4||-||-||-|
|eyes wide open memorial||selise||08/09/2004||4||-||-||-|
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from this blog?
Set the sticky flag for this diary in the slide rotation:
Set the maximum number of slides to display in the feature:
Recommended by selise
- Marcy Wheeler has been providing brilliant and downright historically significant commentary on the NSA story since long before the public ever heard the name, Edward Snowden. This week, as I've ...117 comments 418 Recs
- Buried deep inside the most recent major Pew Research poll that showed we were winning the political shutdown messaging fight, there was a sinister reminder just how lost the cause of progressive ...22 comments 18 Recs
- The enormous service that a certain whistleblower has provided to Americans and the world at large, is becoming clear even in the face of shrill cries of "traitor" and histrionic accusations of "...397 comments 254 Recs
- In the real world and the reality based community, there is talk about austerity from people who understand the nuances of it and macroeconomic accounting identities. They point out the undeniable ...15 comments 35 Recs
- Oh your temerity has turned into outright hilarity, so I can no longer give this kind nonsense any charity. You see, these are issues I go to great lengths to cover for the Daily Kos community. Most ...203 comments 54 Recs
- I wonder just how many people know about what our national debt actually is. The term 'national debt' gets thrown around so often and I have yet to hear anyone talk about US Treasury securities in ...10 comments 10 Recs
- I find myself regularly amazed about the sheer amount of myth and misinformation continually circulated by people when it comes to money. Whether progressive or conservative most people think of ...9 comments 9 Recs
- It's really sad it has come to this. There are many people that have jumped to branding President Obama as the second coming of famed economist John Maynard Keynes in what has become a rather sad ...295 comments 93 Recs
- Yes they do. I have heard a statement that bugs me a lot lately and that statement is that this was the go to analysis for the Republicans as if Democrats have never referred to it in any way. I'm ...395 comments 240 Recs
- I have referenced this before, but there hasn't really been enough of a movement on the this issue, and it's an important one. It's specifically important right now when Washington DC is completely ...44 comments 70 Recs
- No current results.