Posting History for shaso
|3-week CR for Homeland Security fails
HA HA. In a remarkable show of unity, the Democrats stuck to their guns and forced Boehner to come up with Republican votes to pass their 3-week CR. He couldn't do it. The clown car is now full ...
|Michael Sam released
He had a good preseason, but got caught in a number crunch and doesn't appear to be based on anything other than football ability. Still could very well be picked up on waivers by another team. I ...
|Books to TV reviews - Outlander/Longmire
It seems like in the last decade their have been a lot of adaptions of books to the small screen just as there have to the big screen. Some have been more successful than others. The granddaddy of ...
|Noel Canning out - recess appointments upheld, except this one time
Quick diary. The Supreme Court released Noel Canning this morning. In a 5-4 decision the liberal wing largely upheld recess appointments, but said that 3 days was too short of a recess so ruled ...
|Traditional media rules bloggers not journalists, denies scotusblog's Lyle press credential
Surprise, Surprise. In an act that can only be described as jealously guarding its own turf, the Standing Committee of Correspondents ruled yesterday that scotusblog 's Lyle Denniston couldn't have ...
|USA victory celebration thread
The one arena left where naked nationalism is still acceptable, indeed encouraged: international sporting competitions. The USA played its first World Cup game tonight; they beat Ghana 2-1. They ...
|POM Wonderful can sue Coca-Cola per SCOTUS
SCOTUS has ruled this morning that POM Wonderful can proceed with their suit against Coca-Cola under the Lanham Act which allows competitors to sue over misleading descriptions of products. Coca-...
So I was driving in my car listening to the news on the radio, and they were talking about the Irish Church dead baby scandal. They referred to it as happening in the 20th century. Not the 1920s ...
|SCOTUS grants Little Sisters stay on contraceptive mandate
As reported by scotusblog , the Supreme Court unanimously granted the Little Sisters, catholic nuns, a stay on the contraception mandate of the ACA. Oh wait, did I say the contraception mandate; I ...
|Arpaio puts prisoners on bread and water
Our favorite sheriff, Joe Arpaio, is at it again. Putting prisoners on bread and water, which I can't imagine is healthy for you, even if for only 7 days. And their horrible offense that ...
|Arizona utility commission rules, connection fee only $4.90/month
The Arizona Corporation Commission ruled yesterday that the connection fee that houses with solar panels would have to pay to be connected to the grid was $4.90 a month. There was a highly ...
|Initial unemployment claims drop below 300k
The weekly numbers for initial unemployment claims were released this morning. The seasonally adjusted weekly number for the week ending 9/7 was 292,000. For the record, the more reliable but less ...
|Newsroom season premiere
The second season of The Newsroom premiered last night on HBO. Now, despite the mixed reactions to the Game of Thrones and Madmen FP diaries, I wouldn't pretend to think that every show on ...
|A solution to VRA mess -- Bailing in
So I was curious what jurisidictions the Supreme Court ruling actually affected and noticed something interesting. Bailing in . In essence, if you lose a lawsuit or decide to plead guilty/enter a ...
|Robbie Rogers decides to continue career
Robbie Rogers decides to continue his career in soccer as an openly gay athlete by joining the LA Galaxy. The MLS season started in the beginning of March and is roughly 1/3 of the way through so ...
|Scotus schedules marriage equality
Scotus Blog is reporting that the Supreme Court has announced dates for oral arguments on marriage equality. Prop 8 will be heard 3/26 and DOMA will be heard 3/27. This is roughly what people ...
|roundup of senate committees
The big news seemed to be Senator Warren's appointment to the Banking Committee, but I've compiled a list of all the committee churn for the Democrats. HELP is Health, Education, Labour, and ...
|Romney is 'Not Concerned about the very poor'
In all the broohaha over the leaked tapes, one of the prevailing thoughts seems to be that Romney has been caught saying in private what he wasn't willing to say publicly. But this isn't strictly ...
|Opening Ceremonies and NBC
By now, the opening ceremonies have started. But if you are in the US, there is no way to watch them legally. NBC in their infinite wisdom and despite advertising 100% live online coverage have ...
|PPP poll questions
So I got polled by PPP for the first time, in PA, and most of the questions were fairly straight forward. But then the last two questions were slightly bizarre. The second to last on was my ...
|Paying the use tax
So I finally got around to doing my taxes last week. They were very simple so it was purely laziness, but as I wasn't due a refund it was all good. Now for the first time I noticed a line for ...
|Gallup unemployment comes back to earth
Remember last month when Gallup's daily 30-day rolling average tracking poll shot up for unemployment. Hitting a (recent) high of 9.1% on 3/3 and 3/7. Remember how this was used as justification ...
|white man's burden and contraception
There has been something that has always bothered my about this whole contraception debate. Namely the idea that the employer is somehow buying the insurance for the employee. It smacks entirely ...
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from this blog?
Set the sticky flag for this diary in the slide rotation:
Set the maximum number of slides to display in the feature:
Recommended by shaso
- Whoops. Even though the Iran Nuclear Agreement Review Act most likely will pass the Senate by a large majority, the superhawks, pushed by Sens. Tom Cotton (R-AR) and president-wannabe Marco Rubio (R-36 comments 38 Recs
- Congress has a little under a month to reauthorize expiring provisions of the ...6 comments 17 Recs
- Roberts switches sides. Most likely because as Chief, he has concerns over the impact of money on the integrity of the judiciary. Rick Hasen has the details. In a surprise and very important ...6 comments 7 Recs
- 364 comments 396 Recs
- Senator Bernie Sanders is running for President. From Vermont Public Radio : VPR News has learned from several sources that independent U.S. Sen. Bernie ...816 comments 536 Recs
- The Los Angeles Times reports the surprise that 83-year-old California resident Ron Doriff had when he started receiving strangely priced bills from his internet provider. Dorff told me he was ...10 comments 33 Recs
- Wyoming has just become the only state in the union without a chapter of the ACLU. Linda Burt, the now ex-executive director of the ...8 comments 15 Recs
- Had he lived in our times, he (we'll call him Bill) could have been a prominent blogger on Daily Kos. In fact, given his way with words and unique ability to coin new phrases, I'm sure he'd have ...131 comments 238 Recs
- Rekia Boyd On Monday, Judge Dennis Porter made a decision that shocked lovers of justice across the nation. Presiding over the case against Chicago Police Officer Dante Servin, who shot and killed ...90 comments 118 Recs
- Cook County Prosecutor Anita Alvarez This is the type of blog post that really won't make much sense unless you watch the video below the fold. It's the most important video I've shared in months ...109 comments 188 Recs
- No current results.