Posting History for shii
|Why is the American media so broken?
The Japanese Daily Yomiuri I got in my mailbox this morning included last weekend's Outlook section from the Washington Post as a package deal, and I could only marvel at how different the ...
|Hard-Hitting Journalism From The New Republic
It seems like Politico has established a new standard for what political journalism means. I mean, TNR hasn't been a quality establishment in a long time, but before today I'd have at least ...
|Comedy Gold: The Republican Base Reacts to Palin
Let's start with the old favorite: FreeRepublic Do any of these clowns realize that the political rule book is about to be torn up? Her supporters don’t care if ...
|Got an idea for how to make government transparent and open? Obama wants your help!
Obama is finally getting off the ground a grand project that should have happened a long time ago: making the federal government communicative, open, and transparent, bringing the White House into ...
|RedState blogger ruins town council
Erick Erickson is the editor-in-chief of RedState. Erick Erickson is the model Republican blogger to serve in political office. Erick Erickson is shaming the entire city council of Macon, Georgia.
|Tom Tancredo and Bay Buchanan endorse crypto-Ku Klux Klan
Remember when Tom Tancredo (R-CO) was included in the GOP debates for President of the United States? Even after he posted videos on YouTube ...
|Matt Taibbi vs. Barack Obama: Got the Message, What's the Answer?
After reading Matt Taibbi's article on the scope of the recession and the very real government acquiescence ...
|Rick Warren? You are not being kidded. Cut it out.
Please, STOP IT! Why are so many on both sides so hot about this? As a gay man, I was very disappointed at first to learn of this. Then it hit me. It’s not that Warren’s ...
|"Young, Black Adolf Hitler". Nice joke, huh?
Election clerks are always getting up to such crazy antics! Even before they count the votes.
|GREAT NEWS FOR MCCAIN!
News media are concluding Barack Obama is about to choose Joe Biden for VP. Great news for McCain! McCain was a POW in Vietnam, and the combined military experience of Obama and Biden is zero. ...
|Republicans Reject GOP Leadership on House Floor Today
I'm an intern in Barney Frank's DC office. Below the jump is a post from my blog ...
|My dad and I think Lindsey Graham is preying on ignorance
Yesterday, Lindsey Graham, who wants a constitutional amendment to remove habeas corpus from people on American soil,
|$250,000 Clinton bundler posts to HILLARYIS44, admits to illegal contributions
Remember Hillaryis44.com? How could you forget, with posts like this? curiosityhasme Says: [ May 11th, 2008 at 6:47 pm ] While BHO is working toward one-size-fits-all Burkas,
|The Assault on Reason Continues
I watched the Daily Show and Colbert Report tonight, filmed at 5PM in the midst of the New Hampshire brouhaha, and in light of the results we've now seen, I was cringing at the sheer ...
|An Open Letter to Readers by Ann Coulter
A big surprise on Ann Coulter's website today! (although the site might be hard to reach right now) ...
|Do you know what happened in Iraq today?
So guys, in case you didn't know we are apparently occupying some sort of foreign country, in the Middle East or thereabouts. Today a story popped up on al-Jazeera that I couldn't make any sense of. ...
|Freeper confusion after Dearborn Republican debate
A two hour Republican debate in Dearborn, MI finished just now. I have about an hour to kill so I'm going to go through the ...
|Who doesn't want to wear the ribbon?||shii||10/05/2007||2||3||-||74|
|CNN got bored with Gonzales almost the minute he resigned
The minute I got the news about Gonzales, I went to CNN to see their take. How am I not surprised?
|Shii's Amazing Election 2008 Pop Quiz!
2008 is still an open playing field and I'm betting even DKos readers might not know as much about the candidates as they think they do. So: quiz time ! Checking Wikipedia is cheating! 1. ...
|From an Angry Soldier
The following anonymous message was posted to craigslist by a soldier and widow in San Francisco. One thing people have noted ...
|Who do YOU need to support for 2008? The Republican, Ron Paul!
Dear Daily Kos: I have never made a political contribution in my life. Sure, I've done things like tell my parents to vote for Kucinich for me when I was 17 (they obliged), but I haven't seen any ...
|NYT front page: Oh, those "Nasty Blogs"!
Is it too late to bring civility to the Web? The conversational free-for-all on the Internet known as the blogosphere can be a prickly and unpleasant place. Now, a few high-profile ...
|How far we've come. (A belated Gerald Ford eulogy)
The Internet and my life are moving so fast these days that this seems like old news, but Ford's funeral was only yesterday. I was heading to Minnesota for my second semester of school, coming back ...
|Barney Frank wrote back to me personally||shii||08/05/2006||20||7||-||2|
|U.S. threatens Sweden with trade sanctions over The Pirate Bay||shii||06/22/2006||6||7||-||-|
|Tony Snow-- the first Freeper in the executive branch?||shii||04/26/2006||12||13||-||1|
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from this blog?
Set the sticky flag for this diary in the slide rotation:
Set the maximum number of slides to display in the feature:
Recommended by shii
- As I write this, Annise Parker has captured the most votes of any of the four candidates for Mayor of our nation's fourth largest city, Houston TX. ...52 comments 34 Recs
- UPDATED: Link to WSJ article fixed (they moved it from the original link) UPDATED 2: Nope, now they've changed that article too. Uploading and linking screenshot... UPDATED 3: And to be extra ...230 comments 543 Recs
- The recent recommended diaries about rape have brought up a huge upwelling of emotion and memory for me. I believe that the diaries and comments are well-meaning, but some display a level of ...885 comments 868 Recs
- I am not a fan of Maureen Dowd. I find her writing glib, snotty and self-indulgent. That being said, I have read a couple of columns which were quite good -- the ones where she removes herself and ...929 comments 525 Recs
- The outcome of collaborative, democratic writing of a new rule takes its final step today. ...421 comments 1379 Recs
- h/t TPM Or maybe a better title for this diary would be "Ouch, teh Stupid...it Hurts!"393 comments 784 Recs
- Crossposted from Docudharma Never Seldom has the divide between the Ruling Class and the "Underclasses" been so transparent, so stark, and so great.546 comments 456 Recs
- this is an extended and slightly modified version of this Blue Commonwealth posting The ...122 comments 132 Recs
- America’s registered nurses and other guaranteed healthcare activists are hailing the vote last night by House Education and Labor Committee to amend the national healthcare reform bill and ...318 comments 375 Recs
- A bit of a background for those who are unaware of the "debate." The lady in question defends NPR's use of the BS meme created by Bush-Cheney with regards to exchanging the word torture for the ...511 comments 668 Recs
- No current results.