|Connect! New York
Group to help Connect! Unite! New York Kossacks
For all who eat and are concerned about the environment, food security and food safety, and lots of recipes.
|New York City
'The Talk of the Town' because Blue City News is useful in a Purple Nation. Discuss what is in the papers and on the local blogs, the Political news and upcoming elections with elected officials and candidate spotlights. News of upcoming public hearings and reviews after. Parks and recreation events, zoos and botanical gardens. Green Market news and local farming events. Lincoln Center, on and off the Broadway stage, gallery talk and museum news. NYC movie premieres with upcoming shows and conc...
|New York State
This is a group dedicated to covering, you guessed it, the Federal, State and local politics of the Empire State.
The definition of SLUT seems now to be ANY WOMAN USING BIRTH CONTROL or ANY ONE CONCERNED AND FIGHTING FOR WOMEN'S REPRODUCTIVE HEALTH (according to the GOP) FINE! We are sluts and PROUD OF IT As with "Slut Walks" we will own the word and take the power of the word away.
|Sustainable Food and Agriculture
This group addresses food & agricultural issues. Folks in this group dream of a day when agriculture is a way to make the environment cleaner and healthier, promote biodiversity, provide meaningful employment and fair wages to farmers and farmworkers, and provide us with healthy and delicious food.
Are you sure you want to remove yourself from this group?
Accept or decline the invitation. A private message will be sent to the group with your response.
Recommended by sidnora
- I'm moving to a different part of Brooklyn in two weeks and when I change my voter registration I will, for the first time since 1996, register as a Democrat. I've been a Green since I first ...232 comments 241 Recs
- Chloe Hugh was in the middle of her final shift at Boss Hawg's Barbecue in Topeka, Kansas when Governor Sam Brownback and his family sat down in her section. Upset by Brownback's repeated assault on ...70 comments 271 Recs
- Tamir in a photo taken in the month before he was shot and killed by Cleveland police Shot and killed by Officer Timothy Loehmann of the Cleveland ...132 comments 199 Recs
- With currently a staggering 829 votes ... Bernie Sanders is expected to win the nomination 61.52% to 38.48% . ** http://www.usnews.com/opinion/articles/2015/04/30/bernie-sanders-will-challenge-...531 comments 163 Recs
- I realize there's virtually nothing that can be done to prevent the upcoming pie fights regarding Hillary Clinton and Bernie Sanders. Despite the fact that the comments consisting of "Bernie can't ...167 comments 103 Recs
- One thing you can say about Texas, their nutty Tea-baggers can always surprise the hell out of you. Just when you thought it would be impossible for a Texas Governor to come along and make Rick ...162 comments 150 Recs
- Instead of interviewing the Vermont Senator on his Sunday "Politics" show, instead of asking his Pundit Panel what they thought of the Sanders' Candidacy, Chuck Todd took it upon himself to single-...196 comments 164 Recs
- Langston Hughes' poem, " Harlem " has been floating around in my head, as I watch footage from Baltimore. What happens to a dream deferred? Does it dry up like a raisin in the sun? Or fester like ...188 comments 170 Recs
- In a move which stunned many Court observers—certainly including me—the ...58 comments 62 Recs
- 89 comments 187 Recs