Posting History for skrekk
|Wisconsin courts recognize adoption by same-sex married couples
At least our local courts here get it and are finally recognizing joint adoptions by married same-sex couples. Straight married couples take that right for granted. Dane County judges have begun ...
|9th Circuit gets best possible panel for marriage equality
Today the 9th Circuit court of appeals named its panel of judges to review several marriage equality cases at 1pm PDT on Tuesday September 8th, and civil rights hit the jackpot again just like it ...
|Nevada is revising its anti-gay arguments
This is interesting - in response to a ruling earlier this week in the 9th Circuit which analyzed the Windsor v US ruling and found that it implies heightened scrutiny in regards to sexual ...
|Gay Catholic fired
I'm utterly disgusted, yet not sure how I feel about this: an openly gay music director at a local Catholic church was recently fired due to ...
|FISA: Yes We Can
OK, maybe we can't do much to stop a bad bill from passing, but there are a few things we can do as a grassroots movement, both inside and outside of the political process. Don't blame Obama; as a ...
|Pentagon retribution is effective
Air Force Colonel Morris Davis, former chief prosecutor at Gitmo, was denied the Defense Meritorious Service Medal , ...
I hadn't seen this diaried yet, so my apologies if it has been (also for the extensive article quotes). Nothing will be new here for those of you concerned about this issue, but I want to direct ...
|UN harboring WMD; Bush attacks
Today the United Nations was found to be sequestering vast amounts of nerve gas and other WMD, presumably for a planned invasion of the United ...
|MSM vs nationalism & censorship
An excellent article on April 10th at Salon.com by Gary Kamiya about media self-censorship from 9/11 to the war ...
|Ethics of a Libby Pardon: updated w/poll
In the more conservative of the two local daily papers (count them - two! ...and owned by the same parent company) in Madison, WI, there was a ...
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from this blog?
Set the sticky flag for this diary in the slide rotation:
Set the maximum number of slides to display in the feature:
Recommended by skrekk
- Dear Rest of the World We made a boo boo, and as the greatest nation on earth we have looked into our hearts about enhanced questioning. We have found that some of our exceptional people behaved ...79 comments 120 Recs
- It began yesterday, with a judge's decision, issued after all the County Clerk offices in Arkansas closed for the day... Arkansas Front Page This Morning! Times They Are A Changing! pic.twitter.com/...28 comments 54 Recs
- I was planning to write about the four books published between 1962 and 1965 that tried to change, and sometimes did, the world we live in: Rachel Carson, Silent Spring (1962); Michael Harrington,34 comments 60 Recs
- I'm a Baptist. I'm a Southern Baptist. I'm an ordained Southern Baptist deacon. I've taught Sunday school, I've sung in choirs, I've directed choirs, I've taught Vacation Bible School. I've ...162 comments 110 Recs
- Cross-posted from The Dissenter/FDL On March 6, the UK Guardian posted a very important story , with accompanying videos , examining in details and with witnesses the extraordinary efforts by US ...78 comments 118 Recs
- It is probably too late and I shudder to think how the dog suffered when the owner tried to "correct" the dog's "Gayness." Tomorrow, a dog, name unknown, will be put to death at an overcrowded ...23 comments 23 Recs
- A friend of mine posted a complaint on Facebook about the apparent demise of Hostess Bakeries: that the union acted against its members’ best interests by being greedy and spiteful, calling a ...34 comments 60 Recs
- A group of Eagle Scouts and their families marched with supporters in the Gainesville (FL) Pride Parade and Festival as Scouts for Equality in the Inclusive Scouting ...156 comments 227 Recs
- (Originally published here ) I mean that question pretty literally. Since Tuesday's election, I've heard "public Christians" --those speaking on TV, radio, the media-- talking about the horrible ...120 comments 232 Recs
- I had thought about it a lot but it had gotten displaced by increasing stress at work. Sometime ago, The Obama Administration did something with Medicare - I do not know exactly why or when it ...169 comments 402 Recs
- No current results.
- No current results.