Below you'll find recent contributions related to sloopydrew's followed authors, tags, and groups.
|S. Dakota official refuses to disclose complaints about banks because it might harm the banks
South Dakota is not a state that is known for open access to public records. But it is now plowing new ground in ridiculous reasons for keeping public documents secret. Bret Afdahl, the director of ...
|Top Comments: Saying Good Bye to Jon Stewart
Jon Stewart's announcement that his last night on the Daily Show will be August 6 has started a mourning process. He's seemed so incredibly perfect for the show and engaged a young audience into ...
|Scott Walker Claims He Will Start Paying for His Own Security Costs During Campaign Visits
Running a non-stop Presidential ...
|Alabama Senate opens with prayer against 'sexual perversions'
Alabama will eventually be forced to accept the reality of same-sex marriage -- but some folks will kick and scream the whole way there. Take, for instance, the Rev. David Gonnella, pastor of ...
|Alabama still collects tax to fund Confederate park but wants to close state parks for lack of money
This is one of those things that you just can't believe still exists in 2015, even in Alabama. Years and years ago the state of Alabama passed a property tax to fund pensions for Confederate ...
Recommended by sloopydrew
- ...face reality. Wow. Big Ed fully supports the KXL pipeline and Does. Not. Like. being challenged . He had 2 guests from the anti-KXL side (2nd is Josh Fox, producer of Gasland movies ). Josh ...450 comments 178 Recs
- I will be the first to admit that I hate Time Warner however I do not see this making things any better. I could go into a long rant about net neutrality , lack of competition and other issues that ...158 comments 172 Recs
- This won't be FP material everywhere, but it's the truth. That is, unless one just hasn't paid attention to the events and Congressional deals facilitated by this administration in response to said ...904 comments 260 Recs
- When the 'progressive' media promotes right wing policy agenda as acceptable under a democratic politician....our media icons become a zombie version of FOX news.29 comments 4 Recs
- [http://www.nakedcapitalism.com/2013/01/eight-corporate-subsidies-in-the-fiscal-cliff-bill-from-goldman-sachs-to-disney-to-nascar.html THIS] was just posted over at Naked Capitalism in the past hour,195 comments 250 Recs
- Cross posted at Voices on the Square and The Stars Hollow Gazette Once we realize there is no fiscal cliff and the whole premise is a myth, you think about why it was created. It was created so we ...342 comments 161 Recs
- This isn't chess. It's not checkers. It is people's lives we are talking about. The GOP is making their hostage taking nihilism the new normal. Republican threats amount to destroying the ...713 comments 573 Recs
- I want to keep this short and sweet. Nothing tells us more about the state of politics right now than the emerging Biden-McDonnell deal to extend Bush tax cuts on income between $250K and $450K per ...376 comments 364 Recs
- Whether you think a compromise was necessary or not, I defy anyone to defend the negotiation in this reported deal . In exchange for concessions on tax policy with a value of approximately a ...636 comments 344 Recs
- No more hostage taking. No more playing a Republican game that causes so many people pain. The so called "Fiscal Cliff" is drama speak, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing. Those two words ...419 comments 393 Recs
- No current results.
- No current results.