Posting History for slowbutsure
|Ro Khanna thinks teachers don't deserve pensions? CA-17
"Right Turn" Ro Khanna Ro Khanna is nominally a Democrat running against current Congressman Honda,
|Education: Mike Honda vs. Ro Khanna #CA17
Sunnyvale High School ~ 1971 Congressman Mike Honda believes that "igniting the American Dream" begins in the classroom. But, he recognizes that attaining it is endangered by an opportunity gap in ...
|Update: trapped a feral kitten: now what?
First of all, thank you to all who supported me with advice in the diary. Not every bit was germane to my situation, but the support was very comforting. Quick back-story: Kidlet noticed a feral ...
|Help! Trapped the feral cat; now what?
Kidlet trapped a feral kitten (?) she noticed on her college campus last night. I am not sure exactly what to do next. Poor thing is so tired it stopped hissing and growing, so we covered the cat ...
|Macca's Meatless Mondays
Welcome to Meatless Mondays! This week I am subbing for the fabulous beach babe in florida , aka VL Miller . in this weekly series we have been discussing the benefits of a vegetarian diet ...
|WTF Trader Joe's?
Outside the Trader Joe’s nearest my house (where charities occasionally ask for donations) today there was a sign stating that solicitations would no longer be allowed, inside the store, outside ...
|Does Social Fear dictate Racial Stereotyping? (w/ poll)
The April 17-23, 2010 issue of New Scientist magazine has an article entitled “No fear of strangers, no racial prejudice” by Andy Coghlan. Sorry, I couldn’t find ...
|Babblin' 'Bout bubbles (economic)
One of the earliest documented economic bubbles was the tulip bubble in Holland, which burst in autumn of 1635. From 'The Tulip' section of Michael Pollen's "Botany of Desire": As ...
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from this blog?
Set the sticky flag for this diary in the slide rotation:
Set the maximum number of slides to display in the feature:
Recommended by slowbutsure
- That arrogance does not, however, come from the scientists behind the 97 percent of peer-reviewed papers that say civilization's emissions of greenhouse gases are driving climate change. Nor from ...74 comments 89 Recs
- I haven't been blogging for a bit. I've been busy reading and researching. But given the discussions of late, I thought I would share a bit of truth about ourselves that needs to be exposed and ...311 comments 433 Recs
- It's a good thing to be White In America, because you get to do things that other people could only dream of getting away with and living to tell the tale. If you're white you can stand around on ...21 comments 30 Recs
- A section of Refugio State Beach tainted by oil from burst pipe. Since 2006, the U.S. Pipeline and ...104 comments 135 Recs
- Today in Ferguson 150 years after the Civil War we see "ghastly remnants of our great shame emerging still"/Lincoln warned of "national suicide" if we neglect to be a "nation of freemen"/Mark Twain'...44 comments 268 Recs
- Oops. Seems to be happening a lot these days. People are forgetting to renew their website domain names. It might not be the end of the world for some, but ...68 comments 145 Recs
- Secret hypocritical double life? There's an app for that. Reverend Matthew Makela was recently listed on the St. John's Lutheran Church website as a devoted husband and father of five children. But,290 comments 211 Recs
- CNN Discussion on Waco "Thugs" yet again shows we may have "Cop Problems" more than "Black Problems"In the following clip from CNN in a discussion of how different the Police and media response has been to the mass murder spree and shootout by Waco Biker Gangs, contrasted to not just the so-called "18 comments 41 Recs
- No current results.
- No current results.