Posting History for smgoma
|No further gun restrictions - better
It may be that the better, progressive policy response to gun violence at this time would be to stay away from any further restrictions on the types of guns and ammunition that can be sold legally .
|Climate change denier can't read (or tell the truth)
In an op-ed published in The Wall Street Journal on April 22, 2010, Richard Lindzen, a leading climate ...
|Time for the "nuclear option"
Given the stalemate in the Senate, it's time to use the nuclear option.
|"An irresponsible statement by an ignorant man"
In the spring of 1915, Allied forces, led by Britain but including many Australian, New Zealand and other Commonwealth (ANZAC) troops, conducted a disastrous campaign to capture the Gallipoli ...
|Republican doing what we should be doing
We are wasting far too much energy on the "birthers" and "deathers". It is fun to debunk such outrageous claims, but our message gets lost in the process, especially on something like end-of-life ...
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from this blog?
Set the sticky flag for this diary in the slide rotation:
Set the maximum number of slides to display in the feature:
Recommended by smgoma
- It is open season on President Obama. He is a weak president. He is too cautious, they say. Even Hillary Clinton has jumped on the bandwagon. Hillary Clinton seems to be using the international ...407 comments 742 Recs
- I went to see the film Lincoln at a small theater in a rural area of Missouri. At several points there was loud applause as the film's recalcitrant Democrats were browbeaten, bribed and shamed ...205 comments 180 Recs
- attribution: None Specified Does character matter? O ne of the overarching questions of this campaign is how our nation's national ...95 comments 152 Recs
- There's a mythology around politics, one that sees the ballot box and the floor of Congress as a battleground of ideas. In this star-spangled arena, progressives and conservatives square off in the ...246 comments 326 Recs
- Last week, ...92 comments 180 Recs
- As most of you know, I don't write many diaries, and when I do, they usually concern issues that touch my life as an HIV+ gay man. But this one will be different. The circus in Washington over the (382 comments 726 Recs
- You have to hand it to Republicans. There is no disaster so awful that they're not willing to give those who caused it a pass and point toward some long treasured goal of the right as the solution. ...146 comments 80 Recs
- When it comes to analysis of the 2010 midterm debacle we are now about to see the results of there has been no shortage of explanations for why particular Democratic officeholders and candidates ...451 comments 535 Recs
- I'd like to ask all of the people who thought trying to reach out to Republicans in a bipartisan manner would be a good idea -- Rahm Emanuel and Barack Obama in particular -- how'd that work out for ...1623 comments 918 Recs
- Barack Obama's conciliatory press conference will go down in history. No fight. Want to work with Republicans. Finally, GOT IT, on the economy. A total sum, a damn shame.1460 comments 437 Recs
- No current results.
- No current results.