Below you'll find recent contributions related to smoothnmellow's followed authors, tags, and groups.
|Apparently, 136 Bullets Were NOT Enough.
Two and a half years ago I ...
|Brelo Verdict In: Not Guilty (Updated w/Link to Verdict)
|Obamacare Saves Sight, Obamacare Saves Lives. StDD~ Week 39
Daily Kos' own ObamaCare guru, Brainwrap, has recently highlighted the story of Luis Lang in a number of posts here , here , here , ...
|Black Kos, Week In Review
Marijuana - The Playing Field is not Level Commentary by Black Kos Editor JoanMar I don't smoke. I have never lit up a joint in my life. But I know a lot about the good ol' Mary Jane . I can ...
|The prurient god of the Duggars
Full disclosure. I never watched the Duggar's television show. Heard about it, of course. But the show's entire premise left me feeling nauseous. The focus on fertility and a constant state of ...
|2006 FBI Report on White Supremacist Infiltration of Law Enforcement: You Will Be Assimilated
And so it goes. Same as it ever was. And I'm not simply talking about police officers getting away with killing (mostly) young black men but the incessant nitpicking of each and every case ...
|In Defense of Shaun King
Let's begin by being honest. Shaun King is a polarizing figure. He has a very specific point of view when it comes to American police forces and their dealings with African Americans, and he is ...
|Ken Burns Commencement Speech-line On #BlackLivesmatter Gets Huge Applause In One for the Ages
Today in Ferguson 150 years after the Civil War we see "ghastly remnants of our great shame emerging still"/Lincoln warned of "national suicide" if we neglect to be a "nation of freemen"/Mark Twain'...
|thirty three and a third||05/20/2015||45|
|CNN Discussion on Waco "Thugs" yet again shows we may have "Cop Problems" more than "Black Problems"
In the following clip from CNN in a discussion of how different the Police and media response has been to the mass murder spree and shootout by Waco Biker Gangs, contrasted to not just the so-called "
|Frank Vyan Walton||05/20/2015||18|
|New Freddie Gray Video: He Didn't Move When Shackled
According to Baltimore police, Freddie Gray was “irate” in a transport van after his arrest and they had to restrain him. However, that account is being challenged with the release by The ...
|This weekend we gather to celebrate our Cedwyn with her Mom and Portland friends!
Celebration of Cedwyn Saturday May 23 1:00pm At The ...
|Black Kos, Tuesday's Chile
I still tear up every time I watch this video. But even then, we knew that it was not enough. Far from it. Is "Black Leadership" Enough? Not For These Young Adults by Chitown Kev Like many other ...
|The words of Malcolm X speaking on police brutality are eerily and disappointingly relevant today
Malcolm X speaking in Los Angeles on police brutality On April 27, 1962, the LAPD murdered Brother Ronald Stokes , a friend of ...
|Newspaper Gives Honest Answer to Question, "Why do you support such a liberal agenda?"
Honest answer to a reader's question No snark, no smartassery. This is one of the finest responses I've ever seen to this kind of question. Setup: The Charlotte Observer's Taylor Batten wrote a ...
|Israeli Soldiers Reveal the Horrors of Gaza in 'Breaking the Silence' Report
Originally published in Tikkun Daily A major in Israel's infantry, who fought in the Northern Gaza Strip during Israel's assault in the summer of 2014, talks of devastation. He talks of endless ...
|David Harris Gershon||05/18/2015||83|
|I never thought I’d grow up to be poor.
I didn’t really think I’d be rich either, except for a very small part of my brain that thought I’d be rich and famous when I grew up. Like, you know maybe I’d grow up to be a band. I guess ...
|Two open-carry activists. One white, one black. Two very different police responses
One of these things is not like the other. The video below shows two open-carry activists, both "demonstrating" their Second Amendment rights. Both were approached by police, but the reactions from ...
|Why race is the main reason the murderous bloodbath in Waco was handled with velvet gloves
Nine people shot to death at a family restaurant . Dozens of others stabbed, beaten, and seriously injured. Over 100 guns recovered. Sounds like one of the ...
|TPP: Corporate 'Tribunals' Bad for People, Environment & Climate Justice
Senator Elizabeth Warren has noted that ISDS is a policy in the new TPP, and she, other lawmakers, environmentalists and human right activists object to ISDS for good reasons. The full name of ...
|Patriot Daily News Clearinghouse||05/17/2015||49|
|Rev. Barber & The Great American Lawsuit Against NC Voter Suppression - Of/By/For The People
Rev. Dr. William Barber II, former Netroots speaker and founder of Moral Mondays, along with Forward Together and the NC NAACP, released a new date for ...
|Driving while black, brown, or Indian
Most people have heard or read the acronym "DWB," which stands for " Driving While Black ," or in many cases "Brown," derived from DWI—Driving While Intoxicated. In ...
|Denise Oliver Velez||05/17/2015||218|
|Black Kos, Week In Review
Commentary: African American Scientists and Inventors by Black Kos Editor, Sephius1 Benjamin T. Montgomery (1819–1877) was an influential African-American inventor, landowner, and freedman. Ben ...
|Black Kos, Tuesday's Chile
Restavek - "One who stays with" is the word for a child slave in Haiti. Commentary by Black Kos Editor Denise Oliver-Velez Ignoring Haiti and its problems is par for the course in the United ...
|Racist laws restrict over 4 million U.S. citizens from voting
Flags of U.S. colonial territories The right to vote in the United States does not include every U.S. citizen of voting age. I'm not talking ...
|Denise Oliver Velez||05/10/2015||203|
Recommended by smoothnmellow
- Two and a half years ago I ...123 comments 117 Recs
- Marijuana - The Playing Field is not Level Commentary by Black Kos Editor JoanMar I don't smoke. I have never lit up a joint in my life. But I know a lot about the good ol' Mary Jane . I can ...111 comments 68 Recs
- Do as I say, not as I do. That particular idiom about hypocrisy is especially true if you're a Republican espousing "family values." A good example of this occurred recently when the ...316 comments 230 Recs
- Mike Huckabee poses with Josh Duggar Proving once again that he is not a serious 2016 presidential candidate, this morning Mike Huckabee unleashed a tirade against ...282 comments 190 Recs
- As a resident of Albuquerque, New Mexico, I have been protesting the horrific level of police violence in my city for years. A lot of people refuse to believe us since the police department, city ...58 comments 320 Recs
- Full disclosure. I never watched the Duggar's television show. Heard about it, of course. But the show's entire premise left me feeling nauseous. The focus on fertility and a constant state of ...231 comments 215 Recs
- Let's begin by being honest. Shaun King is a polarizing figure. He has a very specific point of view when it comes to American police forces and their dealings with African Americans, and he is ...851 comments 432 Recs
- Recently obtained documents from the Cleveland Police Department, displayed below, show that Tamir Rice was going to be charged with the outrageous crimes of "aggravated menacing" and "inducing ...486 comments 235 Recs
- Nine people shot to death at a family restaurant . Dozens of others stabbed, beaten, and seriously injured. Over 100 guns recovered. Sounds like one of the ...727 comments 726 Recs
- No current results.
- No current results.