|Adalah — A Just Middle East
Adalah ("justice" in Arabic) is a diary series about the Middle East, with special (but not exclusive) emphasis on the conflict in Palestine-Israel. The authors of this series believe in the right of self-determination for all the people of the Middle East and that a just resolution respecting the rights and dignity of both Palestinians and Israelis is the only viable option for peace.
This group is for 1) Translation of various Arabic sources and opinion. 2) Inviting Daily Kos into the full Zellij of Arab cultures. To glimpse unhindered onto those those cultures and hopefully participate in those aspects of the cultures that can be described in a blog.
|Discussing Race At Daily Kos
I am creating this group for civil, non name calling discussion of race issues at daily kos. I will moderate the group and will insist on the following of these ground rules. It is my hope that the boycott called last weekend will end and that the kossacks who made the decision to boycott will return. I'd like to discuss the issues raised by the boycott in a civil space. If you are interested, please join the group.
|Feminism, Pro-Feminism, Womanism: Feminist Issues, Ideas, & Activism
A group to promote feminist, pro-feminist (men's anti-sexist), and womanist (empowerment of women of color) perspectives, ideas, and activism both within the DailyKos community and in the larger world. Feminisms are committed to ending oppression of all kinds, with a particular but not exclusive focus on ending all forms of gender-based oppression.
|Muslims at Daily Kos
Group for muslims on Daily Kos (but not limited to muslims - anyone is welcome to join or follow) for discussion of Islam and other muslim issues
Are you sure you want to remove yourself from this group?
Accept or decline the invitation. A private message will be sent to the group with your response.
Recommended by soysauce
- On Saturday night, a beautifully diverse group of women and men came together to stage a protest inside of the St. Louis Symphony that they are calling, "Requiem for Mike Brown." Not only was it ...279 comments 362 Recs
- The 2014 Gaza war looks more and more like a sports competition between the leaderships of Israel and Hamas, to see who will emerge more stupid and evil. So far "my" side (that would be Israel) is ...319 comments 318 Recs
- Egypt’s President Morsi, flushed from international praise after brokering a ceasefire agreement between Israel and Hamas, granted himself and bodies dominated by the Muslim Brotherhood sweeping ...18 comments 23 Recs
- A fragile truce (don't call it peace) has taken hold. Let's hope it lasts. I wrote the post below before the truce, but it's not particularly pegged to recent events. Indeed, it's a scaled down ...473 comments 445 Recs
- I kinda expected this , but it's still infuriating (Hebrew, translation and emphasis mine). ...the announcement of a ceasefire scheduled to begin last night at midnight was postponed at the last ...235 comments 56 Recs
- America is beginning to tune in more closely to the catastrophe unfolding in and around Gaza. And not a moment too soon. If we cannot stop this in 48 hours, the list of victims since it started on ...476 comments 135 Recs
- Gaza Death toll tops 110 as Israel hits targets in densly packed residential areas killing civiliansIsrael's gastly war on Gaza has now claimed over 110 lives as the IDF expanded its targets to include ones located in densly populated residential areas, virtually assuring heavy civilian death tolls.201 comments 55 Recs
- ...but they were completely upstaged by his Wile E. Coyote climax. These parts are highly worth revisiting. Bibi's brazen, out-and-out racism and lunatic brand of nationalist-supremacy, were ...14 comments 20 Recs
- Originally published at Tikkun Daily | Marking the 30 th anniversary of The Color Purple 's release, Alice Walker sat down with Amy Goodman on Democracy Now! for a wide-ranging interview. She ...45 comments 65 Recs
- Beyond everything else, it was a good laugh. Here he is, the Village Idiot that my countrymen and women back home cannot find a way to get rid of, standing on the United Nations podium with the smug ...79 comments 160 Recs
- The Angry Arab
- Qifa Nabki
- Syria Comment
- Just World News
- Friends Committee on National Legislation
- Quaker United Nations Office
- Middle East Report
- Ali Abunimah
- Permission to Narrate
- Tikun Olam
- Institute for Middle East Understanding
- Loon Watch
- The Magnes Zionist
- Jonathan Cook
- Global BDS Movement