Posting History for sprint1745
|The Occupy Movement and a New Media Paradigm
Here lie the remains of a diary I attempted to write last October. I found this topic incredibly interesting, but like most of my writings it remains incomplete and un-published. The topic, however, ...
|Why you must read The Money Changers by Upton Sinclair (Part II)
I write in an editorial style, if you have any contentions, suggestions or refutations of my words, I welcome them. Thank you for the overwhelming response to my first diary. It was an incomplete ...
|Why you must read The Money Changers by Upton Sinclair (Part I)
Every so often, a student of history will stumble across something so profound and prescient that kicks them in the head with the force of a bull, and serves as a brutal reminder that the more ...
|A calling to Kansas City Kossaks!
A calling to all Kossaks who reside in or around the Kansas City area! I have begun a new group to act as a rally point for all news or activity in the KC area. It is my hope that the page can ...
|Protesters in London block Westminster Bridge to save their NHS! Update w/ Photos
Cheers from across the pond! I am currently in London visiting some friends and looking for a job. This afternoon, instead of laying around the flat feeling sorry for myself, or playing ultimate ...
|Joplin, MO Devastated by a Tornado.
I am from Joplin, I study at the University of Missouri right now. If I hadn't been in summer school then there was a good chance I would have been in Joplin...The images I see are heartbreaking. I ...
|My letter to Apple
My nearly brand new iPod "tough" (touch) broke this morning while in class. While initially upset, I knew the problem was easily solvable since I have seen parades of cracked and broken ipod and ...
|A brief musing on farm subsidies...
Perhaps it is time to reconsider farm subsidies? Paying large farms vast sums of money not to grow crops seems counterproductive when commodity prices are rising to all time highs.
|My unsubscription letter...
I wish this weren't my first diary entry here on DKos. I have been an avid reader for four years now. I find that it is one of the best places on the internet to find relevant political news, well ...
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from this blog?
Set the sticky flag for this diary in the slide rotation:
Set the maximum number of slides to display in the feature:
Recommended by sprint1745
- My feelings about Barack Obama are complicated. As a man, he is about as impressive as they come. He rose from humble origins as a mixed-race kid from a broken home in a deeply racist nation to take ...896 comments 682 Recs
- I find myself following domestic affairs a little less now that the election is over. I would like to broaden my daily internet reading by adding a foreign affairs website - but I do want one that ...28 comments 8 Recs
- Originally published in Tikkun Daily On Monday, the Islamic Society of Joplin — the only mosque within 50 square miles of Joplin, Missouri — burned to the ...179 comments 489 Recs
- Its been really, really HOT so far this summer after a very warm winter (by North American standards). But how hot has it been? Well, a government agency that I'm certain a host of radical far ...232 comments 356 Recs
- The Libor scandal continues to grow, yet is making little in the way of waves in the US, in contrast to the full blown coverage in the UK. So far in the US this is all a Barclays story (see CNN Money,210 comments 490 Recs
- A better title might be "Corporate profits hit all time high BECAUSE worker's wages hit an all time low." , or "More proof that trickle down is bullshit" But the short version is this: Obama was ...87 comments 223 Recs
- I’ve just read a piece by Zach Carter—a reporter and blogger whose work I respect--over at HuffPo, from Wednesday, which was updated just a few hours ago; and, it pretty much has me at a loss ...366 comments 219 Recs
- I know there are a lot of smart people in Kansas. It's just that they tend not to manage a legislative majority there. The latest examples of Kansas-being-Kansas are staggering. Take for example the ...48 comments 196 Recs
- When President Obama suggested Monday that private gain does not always equal the public good and maximizing shareholder value is not necessarily a qualification for the White House, Mitt Romney ...29 comments 92 Recs
- It's not breaking up, it's broken. The UK is no more. It has ceased to be. It's expired. It's a memory, bereft of relevance. It rests in peace. If it wasn't being propped up by circumstance it would ...377 comments 236 Recs
- No current results.