Posting History for sricki
|Do Racists Seriously Not Know They’re Racist? (Update)
My apologies in advance for the “old news,” but yes, it’s still bothering me – and I have a question. I haven’t diaried in years, but I saw a clip a couple mornings ago which bothered me ...
|The Other Closet: Living With the Stigma of Mental Illness
I have touched on the topic of stigma against the mentally ill before , so I'm taking bits and pieces of research from that previous diary. But I'd like to revisit it here in a slightly different way.
|Sleepless: A Lifetime of Insomnia||sricki||03/29/2011||62||31||1||251|
|New Research on Obesity and Brain Function
Author’s Note: My report of the following findings should not lead anyone to believe that I think obese people are “stupid,” or that I am in any way “targeting” them.” I am not ...
|HIV / AIDS and Mental Health: An Overview||sricki||03/26/2011||34||28||3||173|
|Growing Up Liberal in a GOP Household: Lies, Indoctrination, and Breaking Free
This is not an especially brave tale. It’s just the story of my political upbringing in the Deep South. Pretty simple, all in all – just maybe a bit unusual. I think my first political memory ...
|Illegal HIV/AIDS Discrimination in Trade Schools
The Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) ...
|Poetry on My Mind
Some of you may know that I am an avid poetry reader. It is a passion my mother instilled ...
|Record Ozone Thinning in Arctic
Polar stratospheric clouds (shown) have formed over large areas of the Arctic,
|Hunting Galileo: The Right's War on Science
While Waxman may have accused Republicans of presiding over ...
|New Research / Drug in the Fight Against Lupus
Lupus is a chronic autoimmune disease which can affect various systems ...
|Focus Mental Health: Posttraumatic Stress Disorder
We have all heard poignant stories about the many people across the country and around the world ...
|New Evidence for Link Between Depression and Kidney Disease
A study featured in the Clinical Journal of the American Society Nephrology (CJASN) ...
|Shark Population Unexpectedly Low Off the CA Coast
Carcharodon carcharias , more commonly known as ...
This diary was originally posted at MyDD on July 16, 2008, at which time I was just barely 23 years old. The diary has not been changed in the ...
|Turning Anxiety Off?
We all experience anxiety from time to time. In “normal” amounts, it is a healthy feeling ...
|The Oppression of Women as a Party Platform
To start with, let me be clear: The oppression and general subjugation of women is not an exclusively Republican issue. Measures proposed, adopted, or supported by some Democrats, such as ...
|On GOP Morality
Bits and pieces of this diary clipped from a piece originally posted on Motley Moose . This is really just a rant, but I’m sick and tired of reading ...
|Kids Care About Health...Until We Dupe Them
Kids care more about being healthy than some might give them credit for. A lot of kids ...
|Focus Mental Health: Pediatric Bipolar Disorder
This diary is basically a republishing of a paper I wrote awhile back. The original paper -- written when I was 20 taking a graduate class in my undergraduate program -- was over twice the length of ...
|Focus Mental Health: Intermittent Explosive Disorder
This was originally posted on Motley Moose , but I thought I'd try it here to see if it gained wider readership or interest. Mental health issues are extremely ...
|They've Got the Fear
(cross-posted at Motley Moose , Clintonistas for Obama , &
|When I Think Of New Politics...
(Cross-posted at Clintonistas for Obama and MyDD ) As a Clinton ...
|Over 1.2 Million Reasons To Vote For Obama
(Cross-posted at Clintonistas for Obama and MyDD ) This diary is ...
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from this blog?
Set the sticky flag for this diary in the slide rotation:
Set the maximum number of slides to display in the feature:
Recommended by sricki
- Imagine yourself sitting with hands folded in your lap, as comfortably as possible in the stiff, padded office chair, its metallic arms gleaming in the soft ...379 comments 280 Recs
- If you hate the "evil corporatist right-centrist oligarchic" Democratic Party so darn much I wonder... why are you here? If you hate a website that collects money to support the troops and has a ...1864 comments 707 Recs
- Back in September, Ethan Couch, a 16-year-old from Burleson, Texas; caused a grisly accident that killed four people and injured 10 others. He had a blood-alcohol content three times the legal limit.146 comments 177 Recs
- Yet more horrifying news coming out of Russia. Not to mention, yet another look at the kind of hate Vladimir Putin and the anti-gay Duma are fostering and enabling. This time it's coming from Ivan ...115 comments 122 Recs
- Commentary: African American Scientists and Inventors by Black Kos Editor, Sephius1 Michael Phillip Anderson (December 25, 1959 – February 1, 2003) was a United States Air Force officer and NASA ...160 comments 89 Recs
- I have Major Depressive Disorder. When I say that I'm "depressed," people assume that they know what that means. Usually, they don't. This diary attempts to explain. I feel pretty strongly ...93 comments 49 Recs
- Sometimes I freaking love Fox News. They're just so very _screw you_ in ...270 comments 243 Recs
- This diary definitely isn't for everyone: it's part personal rant, part fearful outburst, and part puncturing of many, many myths out there about the long-term unemployed. Most of all, perhaps, it'...87 comments 117 Recs
- This news report out of New Mexico is so disturbing, it's hard to imagine this could happen in America. Talk about an unreasonable search: The incident began ...980 comments 1034 Recs
- Maybe you feel broken. I always have. From the time I was a small child, it was clear that I was not wanted and there was no place for me in the world. I felt worthless then, and fifty years later, ...150 comments 112 Recs
- AIDS (1502)
- AL-03 (116)
- Alabama (2986)
- Alabama politics (47)
- Anonymous (1267)
- Boycott (2452)
- Civil Rights (41562)
- Education (29852)
- Environment (46248)
- Feminism (3402)
- George Carlin (245)
- Hillary Clinton (35262)
- HIV (996)
- Indigo Kalliope (363)
- KosAbility (2107)
- LGBT (19295)
- NCLB (395)
- Poetry (4886)
- Psychology (1552)
- Science (24682)