Posting History for stealthisbook
|Colorado Education Funding
In Colorado, we have an important ballot measure that will change how K-12 education is funded in the state. Amendment 66 is a response to budget cuts that have devastated schools. The measure ...
|Being a Surveillance Target
We've been told that the US government only collects communications of or with foreign persons. Or rather people who may be foreign nationals or on foreign soil. Or rather if 51% of the available ...
|Gun Rights and Personal Responsibility
Because gun rights have been wedded to conservative and libertarian politics for a long time now, the arguments of gun rights activists tend to be couched in terms of personal freedom and personal ...
|Wendy Davis Shows Up US Senators
The Texas Senate's legislative rules make filibustering a truly arduous process. If you picture Jimmy Stewart swaying, bracing himself on a desk and hoarsely declaiming about lost causes before he ...
|Let Them Talk? Those Guys??
The talking filibuster as a component to an overall reform of the filibuster in the Senate seems to be pretty popular. Jeff Merkley has pointed out that some of the more popular recent pieces of ...
|Control of the Senate
Despite the historically obstructionist Republican minority, control of the Senate is still vital. This hit me when I realized that climate change denying dipstick James Inhofe is poised to regain ...
|Skyrocketing Cost of Higher Education?
I was reading mitumba's great diary about proposed changes to Florida's higher education system and it occurred to me to check out some numbers for my state. The University of Colorado (CU) in ...
|The media problem in the internet age
Back in the dark ages before news became an instantly available commodity online, populist political campaigns had to struggle to get coverage. Column inches and airtime were limited, and the main ...
|Sometimes things just work out
The senate democratic leadership is notoriously risk averse. When faced with the choice of taking a potentially losing stand on an issue or capitulating, they invariably capitulate. Even the ...
|A look at a Democratic imperial presidency
The Bush administration has wreaked havoc on the constitutional principle of separation of powers. The abuses of the executive branch have undercut both the legislative branch (signing statements, ...
|"Drill Here, Drill Now" Will Lower Gas Prices
Sure, oil shale exploitation, opening off-shore and ANWR to drilling, and the gas tax holiday won't do jack to solve our current high prices at the pump. Sure, the motives behind many of the GOP ...
|Getting Out the Youth Vote, Some Strategies
Getting college kids to vote can be a real bitch. Just like with everything else, it takes some elbow grease to overcome the inherent obstacles involved. With any luck, this year will be easier ...
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from this blog?
Set the sticky flag for this diary in the slide rotation:
Set the maximum number of slides to display in the feature:
Recommended by stealthisbook
- Many of my family and friends are vulnerable to Republican lies. They are honest people, quietly proud of their integrity, and they assume others are too. They are reluctant to believe one party is ...187 comments 807 Recs
- It is not often that I open an index to a history archive and begin crying. But that is exactly what happened as I just started reading an extensive list of not only names and events but subject ...13 comments 20 Recs
- As a disabled vet, I have never had much disposable income; nevertheless, I used to be able to hire someone to help me around the house. That was before my cost of living got too high.12 comments 63 Recs
- My partner and I were present for much of the police violence in Oakland late last Tuesday. It's been a lot to handle emotionally, so I did the only thing I know how to and wrote an essay. It's ...65 comments 197 Recs
- As polling and media analyses revealed earlier this year, Republicans used the 2010 midterm campaign to completely turn the focus ...6 comments 9 Recs
- Colorado's off-year election will be this Tuesday, November 1st , a week before the rest of the country's off-year elections. There is a statewide ballot measure, ...15 comments 4 Recs
- The Houston Chronicle reports that the ubiquitous hacktivist (dis)...93 comments 142 Recs
- It's going on all over. And good thing, too. Our police agencies are not doing a good job teaching their members that public servants have an obligation to respond to public supervision; that the ...29 comments 27 Recs
- NOTE: this diary was supposed to be published last night but was delayed due to the snowstorm that blanketed the Northeast and knocked out power to most of Western Massachusetts. Right now I'm ...51 comments 28 Recs
- I was at the Democratic Women's Summit with a few hundred other women, a couple of blocks from the Capitol today. A newspaper reporter I know (I'll let him tell his own story) whispered to me there ...9 comments 33 Recs
- No current results.