Posting History for steveholt
|Brief Thoughts on The Deal: Don't Forget 2014
Now, I am a relative newcomer to the Kos community (I've been here for a few years now, but I only began writing diaries relatively recently), so I will briefly introduce my political thoughts as ...
|Taxes: What you need to know about the coming fight and why
Unfortunately, two contemporary trends contribute significantly to the convolution of the economics behind taxation: the lack of public education on the fundamentals of economic theory and the ...
|An Open Letter to Conservatives
Attn Conservatives: You know what the problem was? You weren't conservative enough! In 2016, you need to make sure you elect someone who is actually a conservative, not some prissy CEO from that ...
|House Effects: An Updated Comparison and Final Projection
As it turns out, my last diary about polls was not my last diary about polls. I have previously posted about the suspicious up tick in polls from conservative outfits after the first debate ( here ),
|Funny Appeal from Gary Johnson's Google+
Just sharing this because it's always fun for me to make fun of libertarians, and pointing out the shallowness of their beliefs and hypocrisy never gets old. Gary Johnson's latest post on G+: Of ...
|Slicing and Dicing the Data: We Are Winning and Will Landslide with Solid GOTV Effort
Alright, so this may will be my last diary on polls between now and election day, as I plan to shift my blogging efforts to more substantive policy arguments. I have previously written about the ...
|Quick (and I mean quick) thought on Mourdock comments
First, I must make the important, up-front statement that I am not religious and believe very , very , very (I don't know if I can emphasize that enough) strongly that religion, politics, government,
|Debates 2012: In my mind, the KO of the debate
Although the horses, bayonets, and battleship segment from Obama provided a great jab, dressed down Romney for his empty rhetoric and amateurish knowledge of how government and military planning and ...
|Alarmism and Nate Silver's New Forecasting
I just read a few diaries here and here about Obama's dip in Nate Silver's new forecast. The alarmism from both Nate and the Kossacks that follow him is surprising, as the dip can be easily explained,
|One Short, Two Minute Response Obama Can Use to Crush Romney (Probably for Good) In the 2nd Debate
I offer my humble opinion below the fold of how President Obama can walk into the second debate, prepared with a few previous "severely conservative" quotes from Mitt Romney and the dates they were ...
|Debate 2012: Chill-out because we are still winning, and some final thoughts
In light of the recent Pew and PPP polls (both very legitimate polls with understandable findings and using reliable, scientific methodology, I have been seeing a resurgence of panic, both here ...
|Google+ Debates: Coffee with Conservatives about Contraceptives
Cross-posted from mediadeconstruction.com In today’s installment of Google+ debates, I took on a Catholic conservative male on a thread about the new study showing that free birth control reduces ...
|2012 Debates: Why Lying and Bullying Moderators is a Short-term Win
Cross-posted from mediadeconstruction.com .com I've been seeing a lot of glum, "house is on fire," "Obama lost the debate" loser talk here on Kos. I say non-sense. President Obama did exactly ...
|Are You Better Off Today Than Four Years Ago? A Sampling of Sept. 15th, 2008 Headlines
I present the first in a series of related entries to combat the Romney/MSM lunatic question, "Are you better off today than you were four years ago?" Beyond simply being a dodge tactic designed to ...
|Can We Stop Talking About the Political Implications of the #@%^$ Weather?!
Short diary, don't want to dwell, but seriously, what the hell? So now, evidently, Nate Silver has written about this, complete with a misguided, waste-of-time statistical analysis. Here's the non-...
|A Google+ Argument with a Conservative
Hey all. Quick hit diary, because I don't have much time to write too much in detail. Basically, the context: I was on Google+, which I use as just another news aggregate by following the streams of ...
|The Most Destructive Myth Today: “We Can’t Afford That Anymore”
Cross-posted from mediadeconstruction.com In the current climate of austerity, recession, and anxiety about perceived national decline, we, as a nation, face numerous large, complex, multivariate ...
|A Cure for Voter Amnesia: Changing the Frame About the Economy
Hello Kos Community! I have been following the community for about a year now, and some of you may have seen my occasional comments in various threads. This is my first diary (of hopefully many), ...
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from this blog?
Set the sticky flag for this diary in the slide rotation:
Set the maximum number of slides to display in the feature:
Recommended by steveholt
- Alright, y'all....been here a while but its been ages since I have posted or commented on anything. That ends today. I live in the Old Dominion in a little bastion of common sense and compassion ...119 comments 367 Recs
- In the wake of last week's elections, AFL-CIO President Richard Trumka is urging President Barack Obama and Democrats in Congress to embrace their mandate ...36 comments 145 Recs
- In the runup to the election, the very stressful runup where I couldn't stop refreshing Kos, Fivethirtyeight.com, Poll Tracker, TPM and any website that would provide even the smallest nuggets of ...3 comments 2 Recs
- There's been a lot of talk here in Pennsylvania this year about our loathesome new Voter ID law and the impact it might have on suppressing the vote. And it may very well continue to do so, despite ...3 comments 8 Recs
- (From TWD )215 comments 463 Recs
- The strongest talking point the right-wing punditocracy has been hammering since Obama hammered Romney in the third debate is that Romney passed the Commander-In-Chief test by having "command of the ...15 comments 13 Recs
- I am 40 years old and this is the first time I will be voting. After hanging around here for several weeks I am very embarrassed about this fact. I registered for the first time in February ...122 comments 263 Recs
- It's amazing to me that Mitt Romney is dissembling about the fact that his tax plan entails a significant tax cut for upper income Americans, but last night he claimed his tax cut wasn't a tax cut ...52 comments 43 Recs
- Remember Won't Back Down ? If you don't, don't feel bad; it's been two weeks since it came out in theaters, with heavy backing from anti-union and anti-public education groups, to bad reviews and ...42 comments 74 Recs
- Ok so after being gone for 5 days (thursday to monday night) I get back to civilization and hear an uproar in the blogosphere about Obama "loosing" the debate, badly. Well for someone who is more ...31 comments 9 Recs
- No current results.
- No current results.