Below you'll find recent contributions related to stills999's followed authors, tags, and groups.
|Kansas finds new way to punish the poor
Kansas Gov. Sam Brownback promised to be able to balance the state budget by cutting taxes for the wealthy. That didn't work out. So to help cover the budget gap he has decided to punish the ...
|Right-Wing Mythology: How Obummer Lost Iraq
Right-wing articles are very entertaining. Did you know that we won the Iraq War? I didn't. At least Bush won Iraq before Obama lost Iraq. I've discovered from reading right-wing sources ...
|GOP candidates running for Dubya's Third Term
Even before the Fall of Ramadi the GOP presidential candidates were foaming-at-the-mouth war hawks. It'll only get worse . The message itself is coming through clearly—at the “summit” of ...
|Knowing what we've known all along...
Would you lie the country into war? Order people tortured to death? Start wars while cutting taxes to the shamefully rich? Continue to trash the planet and fuck over its people? Push policies based ...
|One Pissed Off Liberal||05/19/2015||112|
|Don Quijones: “The Global Trade Corporatocracy Slams into Local Resistance”
[Diarist's Note: Wolf Street Publisher Wolf Richter has provided written, blanket authorization to the diarist to reproduce his blog's posts in their entirety for the benefit of the Daily Kos ...
|Our Approaching Tet Moment
Leading up to the 1968 Tet Offensive , the Pentagon tried to convince the American public that it was winning the war. General Bruce Palmer, Jr., one of Westmoreland's three Field Force ...
|Taibbi: “The Democratic Party Would Triangulate Its Own Mother”
As Gaius Publius noted in [http://www.dailykos.com/story/2015/05/10/1383864/--Gaius-Publius-Sanders-Raises-3-Million-in-Four-Days-Will-He-Split-the-Party his post here this past Sunday evening]… �
|Epistles from Dumbf*ckistan
I wrote a diary the other day that apparently struck a nerve. It got passed around some on Twitter and FaceBook and you wouldn't believe the swarm of haters and trolls that swept into the diary to ...
|One Pissed Off Liberal||05/13/2015||284|
|NYT Mag’s “must-read”: “The Great Democratic Crack-Up of 2016,” w/ commentary from Markos
As many like to describe it, “Politics is a contact sport.” So, to say there already have been some major, full-dress, contact scrimmages within our own Party, of late, between the centrist/...
|A Breathtakingly Immoral Plan
One of the largest humanitarian dramas on the planet is playing out in the waters off the coast of Libya. Thousands upon thousands of desperate refugees are risking their lives trying to cross the ...
|“Gaius Publius: Sanders Raises $3 Million in Four Days; Will He Split the Party?”
[Diarist’s Note: Gaius Publius has provided written authorization to the diarist to reproduce their posts in their entirety for the benefit of the Daily Kos community.] Here’s a reality-based ...
Recommended by stills999
- Nine people shot to death at a family restaurant . Dozens of others stabbed, beaten, and seriously injured. Over 100 guns recovered. Sounds like one of the ...725 comments 726 Recs
- Imagine for a moment that a man's neck was almost severed, nearly clean cut in the most painful way possible, while in the custody of the people charged with the duty of protecting and serving. ...454 comments 422 Recs
- Thirty-five years ago, babies born in the U.S. had an infant mortality rate equal to Germany. Today, American babies die at twice the rate of those in Germany. Thirty-five years ago, the U.S. ...197 comments 479 Recs
- How could these people be so happy to ...143 comments 201 Recs
- Remember a couple weeks ago when McCain, FOX and the GOP were all saying "Obama misread Putin... and now we are paying a heavy price for it"? Well, looks like they were the ones misreading Putin. ...476 comments 419 Recs
- You gotta spend money to make money. And it's the right thing to do. To what GOP magic math model am I referring? Something called "dynamic scoring." You may be asking yourself what could be wrong ...38 comments 50 Recs
- Florida Attorney Steve Medina has been working on a case, pro bono, to expose the environmental corruption which has been taking place in Tallahassee and Putnam County, Florida. Tons of toxic ...255 comments 578 Recs
- A tax cut for these guys? That's a tax cut.114 comments 64 Recs
- Happy people who are now ...33 comments 30 Recs
- President Obama's bold international diplomacy is paying big dividends : The Chinese government ...135 comments 139 Recs
- No current results.
- No current results.