Below you'll find recent contributions related to such sweet thunder's followed authors, tags, and groups.
|The GOP's Iraq Problem
In recent days we've been entertained by the desperate flip-flopping of Republican candidates on the issue of the Iraq War. Beyond the humor factor there is a deadly seriousness to the ...
|"a disturbing and frightening echo of the summer of 2006"
With great fanfare, Baghdad is launching a military offensive to take back Ramadi, and Anbar province in general, from ISIS. The many problems that this offensive symbolizes can best be summed up ...
|An update on the Patriot Act debate
The debate in the Senate about extending the Patriot Act has gotten so bizarre that I suspect it is all kabuki. Mitch McConnell's inability to muster a fillibuster-proof 60 votes for a straight ...
|So what is the GOP strategy for Iraq?
Republican candidates have decided to use the recent setbacks against ISIS as a winning issue in the 2016 election, and it seems to be working. A poll from October shows a majority of ...
|Kansas finds new way to punish the poor
Kansas Gov. Sam Brownback promised to be able to balance the state budget by cutting taxes for the wealthy. That didn't work out. So to help cover the budget gap he has decided to punish the ...
|Right-Wing Mythology: How Obummer Lost Iraq
Right-wing articles are very entertaining. Did you know that we won the Iraq War? I didn't. At least Bush won Iraq before Obama lost Iraq. I've discovered from reading right-wing sources ...
|GOP candidates running for Dubya's Third Term
Even before the Fall of Ramadi the GOP presidential candidates were foaming-at-the-mouth war hawks. It'll only get worse . The message itself is coming through clearly—at the “summit” of ...
|Our Approaching Tet Moment
Leading up to the 1968 Tet Offensive , the Pentagon tried to convince the American public that it was winning the war. General Bruce Palmer, Jr., one of Westmoreland's three Field Force ...
Recommended by such sweet thunder
- Martin O'Malley continues to work hard with trips to both Iowa and New Hampshire this week. In Iowa, he did a far ranging interview with Ari Melber for MSNBC/The Cyle . He talks about bringing the ...304 comments 299 Recs
- Once upon a time an outfit called the Coca-Cola company came out with a new product. They called it New Coke . The can was slightly different, the drink inside was slightly sweeter and tangier ...675 comments 280 Recs
- And a step backward, after making a wrong turn, is a step in the right direction. -Kurt ...754 comments 167 Recs
- It is either ironic or karmic that just as Iraq is interrupting into yet another spasm of civil war, Hillary Clinton steps into the public arena to promote her book--and her presidential campaign (...724 comments 173 Recs
- Last week Taiwan students occupied their legislature in protest over the ruling party's undemocratic railroading of a trade pact with China through a committee. The pact, deeply unpopular, is a ...7 comments 32 Recs
- Reposted on the anniversary of the assassination of Rev. King. MB This will be a very short diary. It will not contain any links or any scholarly references. It is about a very ...1030 comments 1686 Recs
- I’ve long been proud of my roots in Massachusetts, one of our most liberal states and a place that has been in forefront of many important social and political movements in our nation’s history ��26 comments 19 Recs
- Lloyd Blankfein, CEO of Goldman Sachs Former Secretary of State, and presumed 2016 presidential hopeful,477 comments 187 Recs
- I think I heard that Hillary Clinton has been collecting payments from Wall Street bankers for speeches. Meanwhile, some are asking if we are "Ready for Hillary?" Given the mood of the ...816 comments 219 Recs
- The high elevation, dry air & south polar perspective make the south pole telescope a unique platform for investigating the cosmos. The U.S. government shutdown has started to permanently damage ...62 comments 260 Recs
such sweet thunder's Tags
- No current results.
such sweet thunder's Blogroll
- No current results.