Posting History for swidnikk
|Hummingbirds: Revolution of Sweet Morning Dew
“Only two more disks to go,” was how I met the disapproval of my father in a perky voice after he peaked into my bedroom at 2 AM. The year was 1993, and following a series of irrational decisions,
|Bikes and Tisha B'Av, Hope and Climate Change
This is the story of how a panel about Climate Change at a Tisha B'Av service in Los Gatos, California transpired.
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from this blog?
Set the sticky flag for this diary in the slide rotation:
Set the maximum number of slides to display in the feature:
Recommended by swidnikk
- With nearly all the results from Tuesday's election now final, those of us fighting for a healthy planet and healthy communities can claim some major victories all across the country. But it wasn't ...2 comments 4 Recs
- Unless you happened to be on a monastic retreat last weekend, you probably know that the Sierra Club, 350.org, the Hip Hop Caucus, and other allies held the largest climate-action rally in U.S. ...8 comments 27 Recs
- This is sobering news on what climate change holds in store in the near future for when particular cities and regions are expected to be wrenched our of historic norms our stable climate we have ...15 comments 22 Recs
- (Note: This is the final diary in the Hummingbird Blogathon. Acknowledgements and thanks are down below.) Getting to know migrant farmworkers from Mexico to Watsonville. Orgulloso (proud) I am to ...40 comments 82 Recs
- So yesterday, I was supposed to post a diary as part of the "Hummingbirds" blogathon on local climate change impacts. And then those local ...58 comments 113 Recs
- Two-Hearted River, 2007 (full credit below) A little over twenty years ago, my then-partner and I decided to go on an adventure in the Upper Peninsula: to canoe on the Two-Hearted River. We were ...96 comments 130 Recs
- My mom and stepdad live in a small village between Lindau and Wangen in the Allgäu region of South Germany, not far from the Swiss and Austrian borders. It's a long story of how they settled in ...153 comments 182 Recs
- Young children gather in a graveyard encroached by rising sea levels in Majuro, the Marshall Islands. Creative Commons: Kelly Rigg, 2013 - See more at: http://tcktcktck.org/2013/09/kelly-rigg-majuro-...14 comments 62 Recs
- During the question and answer period at the end of the ranger program, an attendee asked if the glaciers are really going away. Ranger J gave a fact filled answer that yes, all of the glaciers at ...40 comments 66 Recs
- Bill McKibben is on the road today and asked me to post his diary for him. As the Rim Fire burned out of control in Yosemite this month, the press attention was focused mostly on how it was ...16 comments 91 Recs
- No current results.
- No current results.