Posting History for sylvien
|GUS before I'm ready
My husband and I have been long time smokers. We had tried E-Cigs and they worked until my MIL had a major health issue, then we started smoking again. Now my husband has a major health issue and ...
It was suggested that I post a diary about this so here goes. I'm calling it stupid diary because this reminds me of the time I got frustrated with the pothole at the end our street that just never ...
I posted this in WYFP It is HR1388, now S 277, the GIVE bill that passed whilst we were all dithering over the AIG bonuses. Great distraction and have heard nary a word on this in any of the msm.
|I wish I could alter reality
I wish I could alter reality from my very own comforting sanctuary I'd erase all the bullies from the palm of my hand Or change a rock group to a peruvian flute band I'd alter every single ...
|Michelle's Oustandingness and negative glitz.
This diary is going to be short and sweet, Michelle's wonderful speech being the inspiration. fart a rainbow down to the other side.
|Critical Mass, Yay or Nay?
I'm talking about the Critical Mass movement whereby Bicyclists gather en masse and stop traffic, literally. They *cork* major intersections so that traffic can't move forward. Lately they ...
|A Good Health Care Story
So many times on this blog we talk about healthcare nightmares and this is not to discount them but many times the horrendous experiences overshadow the everyday good ones that happen and are not ...
|Honesty is a virtue.
Today, my 21 y/o son recieved a birthday card from his grandma. Enclosed was a check. His birthday was back in August and he had already recieved a card and check. But, my mom thought she forgot ...
Hidden comments here are like wandering into my 5th grade son's classroom.. Honestly, all I have seen there is petty grievences punctuated with snotty oneups. Such drama. Such gossip. Such ...
|I don't give a s***.
And F-you, said my son to his friend tonight during a disagreement. Both boys are 10 and today was the last day of school so they were feeling their oats to say the least but upon hearing this ...
|How many folks here are weather junkies?
As a departure from the political and all, are any of you into weather? Tonight here in upstate NY we are getting thunderstorms which btw I love. I love the thunder and lightening. Is anyone ...
|Happy Mothers Day!
So many of us are moms here so I think it is appropriate to honor US! Now, I don't know the origins of Mothers Day but I do know that moms should be honored, afterall, it is us moms who rock the ...
|Eville Suburban Everything.
As a white suburban mom with white surburban kids working in a white suburban school I am getting really sick and tired of *bash the white surburban lifestyle* thingy as it pertains to bullying, ...
|New York is the new North Carolina
It was 50 degrees today and foggy. On Jan 1. In Upstate NY. It has been mild, in the 40s for all of December. What's not to like, my husband says. No snow to shovel. Low heating bills. We'...
|What is your favorite Halloween Costume?||sylvien||10/30/2006||49||3||-||-|
|Stay at home moms are Dems too!||sylvien||09/03/2006||36||6||-||12|
|Ha Ha Ha America||sylvien||02/26/2006||17||2||-||-|
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from this blog?
Set the sticky flag for this diary in the slide rotation:
Set the maximum number of slides to display in the feature:
Recommended by sylvien
- Since 2001, there ...103 comments 93 Recs
- Good evening, dear ones. Will you please join me and the IGTNT team as we honor the lives of two sailors who lost their lives on foreign soil: Petty Officer 2nd Class Justin ...152 comments 131 Recs
- I'm going to do something I've never done before. I'm going to cross-post this piece (with revisions where useful) from my baseball blog because to me, this is the ...215 comments 425 Recs
- Tonight we honor ten who were killed while in the US military. The first was a young man from New York who died recently in Afghanistan. The others have been gone much longer.138 comments 167 Recs
- The I Got the News Today series memorializes members of the military who do not make it home from combat tours. The series intends to remember the individuals, the human beings, who can all too ...145 comments 191 Recs
- Requiem UNDER the wide and starry sky Dig the grave and let me lie: Glad did I live and gladly die, And I laid me down with a will. This be the verse you 'grave for me:119 comments 157 Recs
- "The" Economy is recovering....they tell us. But our economy is not.144 comments 362 Recs
- One in eight Americans is at risk for hunger.258 comments 225 Recs
- We had the autumn. We had an hour of massacre and then the wintertime. From The Massacre of the Innocents by Donald Revell (1992)251 comments 250 Recs
- On Sunday's This Week , George Stephanopolous announced that the Department of Defense had released the names of 25 soldiers and marines who ...207 comments 185 Recs
- No current results.
- No current results.