Below you'll find recent contributions related to tea in the harbor's followed authors, tags, and groups.
|Nebraskan lawmakers override Gov. Pete Ricketts's veto to abolish state death penalty
|Spotlight on green news & views: Shooting a black rhino for fun; extreme rainfall; protesting Shell
Check out OceanDiver's post . Many environmentally related posts appearing at Daily Kos each week don't attract the attention they deserve. To help get more eyeballs,
|Midday open thread: Drug cartel builds CCTV network; 'clickbait' enters dictionary; microbead ban
Today's comic by Matt Bors is Reasonable measures :
|Big media's sneering, dismissive coverage of Bernie Sanders is a plague on democracy
The media are more interested in ...
|Open thread for night owls. Cole: Kaplan's call for renewed imperialism in Middle East is boneheaded
Let's have some more cakewalks, 'kay? Robert D. Kaplan recently wrote a piece (behind a paywall) saying it's time to bring imperialism back to the ...
|Sanders makes run official: If people 'fight back, there is nothing that can’t be accomplished'
In a speech peppered with introductory "brothers and sisters," Sen. Bernie Sanders on Tuesday made official his entry into the primary battle for the Democratic presidential nomination framed by ...
|Livestreaming Bernie Sanders's official announcement of his candidacy for the Democratic nomination
You can watch it Live now. Why Bernie matters: A 2016 primary run by Bernie ...
|Midday open thread: Democrats and climate change; perpetual war; Sanders to make it official
Today's comic by Jen Sorensen is Pro-life, Boko Haram style :
|Most House Republicans stand with President Obama on fast-tracking, most Democrats still against
Fighting it to the end. Thanks to 14 Democrats joining all-but-five Senate Republicans in approving fast-track trade legislation last week, it's now up to the House, which is where most close ...
|Open thread for night owls. On Memorial Day, remember: 'They didn't fall, they were pushed'
Flag-draped caskets on their way back from Iraq to the United States. Ray McGovern writes— Remember This on Memorial ...
|Midday open thread: Middle East needs imperialism? Emissions controls to slash coal; Kincannon flips
Today's comic by Tom Tomorrow is The bad intelligence : What you may have missed on ...
|Original Americans forgotten on Memorial Day
The All-Nations Native American Veterans Memorial in Jefferson, Oregon [This is an edited and updated reprise of an essay first written for Memorial Day in 2010.] My ...
|Abbreviated pundit round-up: Young people getting shafted on pay; the real first Memorial Day
E.J. Dionne Jr. at The Washington Post writes The right’s political correctness : Accommodating right-wing primary voters poses real risks to the party in next year’s elections. Its candidates’
|Open thread for night owls. A reprise: 'Lies, Damned Lies, a Searchable Database of Lies'||Meteor Blades||05/24/2015||71|
|Sanders: Campaign coverage should focus on issues instead of outrage, gossip and Facebook comments||Meteor Blades||05/24/2015||176|
|This week at progressive state blogs: Gov. Kasich plays the suckers; Gov. Bryant writes a dumb op-ed
This week in progressive state blogs is designed specifically to focus attention on the writing and analysis of people focused on their home turf. Let me know via comments or Kosmail if you have a ...
|Spotlight on green news & views: Oil spills; the melting poles; Jeb Bush's climate change arrogance
See OceanDiver's post . Many environmentally related posts appearing at Daily Kos each week don't attract the attention they deserve. To help get more eyeballs, Spotlight on Green ...
|Open thread for night owls. OECD: Growing global inequality gap 'has reached a tipping point'
Nadia Prupis at Common Dreams, writes Growing Global Inequality Gap 'Has Reached a Tipping Point' : With the gap between the rich and poor growing worldwide, ...
|Midday open thread: Huckabee backs Ten Commandments BS; DNI keeps bin Laden porn to itself
Today's comic by Mark Fiore is Jeb Bush and Brotherly Love :
|Politico takes a whack at Warren in a lengthy, trade-related hit piece
Politico's nothingburger story on Warren's ...
|Open thread for night owls. Democracy Now interviews Matt Taibbi on confessed bank crooks
Matt Taibbi Amy Goodman interviewed Rolling Stone journalist Matt Taibbi on the news that the five banks—Citigroup, JPMorgan Chase, Barclays, Royal Bank of ...
|Bernie Sanders will make his presidential run official Tuesday
Bernie poses for a selfie with a supporter in Manchester, NH, May 2. Sen. Bernie Sanders will make his presidential primary campaign official Tuesday, May 26, with a public kick-off on the shores ...
|Jeb Bush is partly right. Somebody is definitely 'intellectually arrogant' about climate change
That arrogance does not, however, come from the scientists behind the 97 percent of peer-reviewed papers that say civilization's emissions of greenhouse gases are driving climate change. Nor from ...
|Midday open thread: Foxagandists say Obama wrong to call climate change nat'l security threat
Today's comic by Ruben Bolling is On Iraq: W.W.J.H.D.? (What Would Jeb Have Done?) :
|Surprise! Company whose pipeline burst in Santa Barbara has extensive record of safety violations
A section of Refugio State Beach tainted by oil from burst pipe. Since 2006, the U.S. Pipeline and ...
|Study: BP oil blowout at fault for Gulf of Mexico dolphin deaths. The petroleum giant says nah
Dead dolphin stranded on the Port Fourchon Louisiana coastline in July 2012 following the 2010 Deepwater Horizon oil spill.
|Spotlight on green news & views: Fracking wastewater used on crops; Shell plans for change of 4°+
Check out the saga of the green heron hunting for lunch Many environmentally related posts appearing at Daily Kos each week don't attract the attention ...
|Climate takes up half Obama's commencement address to Coast Guard cadets, with some Arctic irony
Climate change dominated President Obama's commencement address to the Coast Guard graduating class Wednesday. President ...
|Midday open thread: Tech companies oppose TPP; bin Laden's bookshelf; Obama tweets, racism ensues
Today's comic by Matt Bors is Biker Lives Matter :
|As fast-track trade bill heads for Senate cloture vote, House outcome could be up to Nancy Pelosi
Nancy Pelosi could be key in the fight over fast-track trade legislation. Senate Majority Leader Mitch ...
Recommended by tea in the harbor
- Keep dancing around the maypole, Democrats, because if you continue to dance this is what will happen in November, Smashed like Scott Walker did Wisconsin. MONEY is the root of evil, but she sure ...214 comments 109 Recs
- For want of a nail the shoe was lost. For want of a shoe the horse was lost. For want of a horse the rider was lost. For want of a rider the message was lost. For want of a message the battle was ...422 comments 270 Recs
- Einar Wegener is not a person most people are familiar with, but most transsexual people acknowledge as the progenitor. A German artist as well as a model named Lili Elbe for his wife (the former ...21 comments 53 Recs
- Massive crowds engulfed downtown Montreal this afternoon, marking the 100th day of student strikes and protests sparked (in part) by Quebec's plan to significantly raise tuition on May 22 .154 comments 219 Recs
- Right now, Governor Scott Walker is using the influx of money from the 1% to steamroll the recall effort in Wisconsin. He's up on TV with his lies, and the Republican GOTV effort is more organized, ...554 comments 538 Recs
- Practically since the modern social safety net was created wealthy, powerful right-wingers and organizations have been trying to kill it . In recent years, those right wing forces have had a lot of ...621 comments 361 Recs
- Author's preface: Written by an American expat living in the E.U. (who holds an M.B.A. degree). This diary is a review of the Spiegel article entitled "Has America Become an Oligarchy?" written ...108 comments 181 Recs
- Journalists such as Rachel Maddow are singing the praises of Dr. Robert Spitzer for retracting his claims about the effectiveness of "reparative" psychotherapies for gays. Maddow called it "step one ...168 comments 17 Recs
- Yesterday was a big day. BIG. Maybe. No…it's BIG . The Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) has ruled that transpeople are protected by Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 . ...50 comments 115 Recs
- Oh how cute! The Blue Dogs are starting to realize that their brand might be getting a little tarnished, so they're remaking themselves. Behold: The " Blue Dog Research Forum " is now... Center ...158 comments 350 Recs
tea in the harbor's Tags
- No current results.