Posting History for texasmom
|Damn, damn - offshore oil platform explodes
Just as we read of BP's record settlement , now this has happened: Updated at 12:51 p.m. ET VENICE, La. Coast Guard officials said an oil rig exploded off the coast of Louisiana, killing at least ...
|Transocean finds a heart (belatedly)
Like many, I was outraged by the announcement of Transocean's best year ...
|My War of Christmas response - 2010
[Republished and tweeked a bit from 2008. Someone requested this so here it is:] Right after Thanksgiving each year, I start getting a new crop of War on Christmas emails, all lamenting ...
If you are in Pittsburgh, please consider yourself invited to the NN Multi-Faith Service Sunday morning at 9:00 in Room 406. No religious background or theistic beliefs are required, although we ...
|Blessings for Iran: Prayers*, Meditations and All Good Thoughts
I couldn't sleep last night and kept checking DK and the Web for updates from Iran. Same thing this morning. I find myself praying pretty much incessantly. I suspect many here are doing the same.
|My War on Christmas response
Right after Thanksgiving, I started getting this year's crop of "War on Christmas" emails from my conservative co-workers and associates, all lamenting the liberals' attempt to distort the "real ...
|Fill Rick's Boots (Noriega-TX)
I just received an email from Rick Noriega's wife Melissa on behalf of his campaign: This week and the next, my husband Rick Noriega will take leave of his campaign to perform mandatory ...
|What are YOUR Fitzmas plans?||texasmom||10/25/2005||61||7||-||2|
|Dallas News: Our friend Melody Townsel||texasmom||09/11/2005||10||18||1||3|
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from this blog?
Set the sticky flag for this diary in the slide rotation:
Set the maximum number of slides to display in the feature:
Recommended by texasmom
- Ceres as revealed by NASA's Dawn spacecraft on May 4, 2015, from a distance of 8,400 miles (13,600 kilometers). The bright spots may be water ice. We throw a lot of terms around here on Daily Kos, ...74 comments 59 Recs
- "The time has come," the Walrus said, "To talk of many things: Of shoes--and ships--and sealing-wax-- Of cabbages--and kings-- -Lewis Carrol, The Walrus and The Carpenter The time has come to talk ...179 comments 318 Recs
- Early results in the marriage equality referendum indicate a very strong showing for the yes vote. It's looking like a celebratory mood is emerging already within the Irish gay community, although ...185 comments 177 Recs
- Everyone knows that the passenger liner Titanic hit an iceberg in 1912 and sank. Some people also know that the Titanic's sister ship Britannic , used as a World War One hospital ship, hit a mine ...9 comments 35 Recs
- I am a high school counselor and each May I get ready to read the names of about 100 seniors as they walk across the stage at one of the most important milestones in their lives, graduation. As ...40 comments 53 Recs
- I Got The News Today (IGTNT) is one of the oldest continuous series on Daily Kos. It is a way for our community to pay respect to those who have died as a result of war. The beautiful logo was ...43 comments 38 Recs
- Celebration of Cedwyn Saturday May 23 1:00pm At The ...63 comments 105 Recs
- Buckwheat Zydeco is the stage name of Stanley Dural, Jr., an American accordionist and zydeco musician. He is one of the few zydeco artists to achieve mainstream success.9 comments 21 Recs
- Honest answer to a reader's question No snark, no smartassery. This is one of the finest responses I've ever seen to this kind of question. Setup: The Charlotte Observer's Taylor Batten wrote a ...139 comments 648 Recs
- Last year a monster Kelvin wave (bubble of warm water) formed in the pacific and started heading eastward. Often times this is the forerunner of an El Nino event. The Kelvin wave surfaced and was ...123 comments 217 Recs
- No current results.