Posting History for thalli1
|My Shared Sacrifice
So I totally get the idea of shared sacrifice. I don't have a problem doing my part to get the economy back on track. I actually vote for policies that help people that need it, and don't mind ...
|Binders Full of Us...
As I stayed up too late last night watching election results, I couldn't help but see a pattern emerging. It was very clear to me that binders full of women stood up and re-elected our president ...
|Teacher Appreciation Week
Well, teacher appreciation week is over. While I do appreciate all the kind words and the efforts of my principal, the classified staff at my school, and the parents' club to make us feel ...
|So. Tired. of. Belt. Tightening.
I keep hearing our leaders telling us that every American needs to tighten our belt and pull together during these tough times. I'm beyond sick of hearing people say that our country is ...
|I'm a Union Girl
I started my career teaching in a Catholic school. I taught there for ten years. I loved it. The students were all college bound, and parent expectations were incredibly high. My standardized test ...
|A Letter to the Universe...and Wisconsin
I once mailed a letter to my mom. She left me and my four brothers and sisters when we were kids. I had no way to get the letter to her, so I just put it in the mailbox as a symbol. In my mind I ...
|Calling out "Bob"
I have an imaginary student in my classroom. His name is Bob. He comes into the conversation whenever something is going wrong in the classroom. I'll say something like, "Okay class, we have a ...
|Notice to All Banker Types from a Teacher
I have used a bank many times. I have a checking account and a savings account (although I do admit I haven't added anything to my savings account for the past fifteen years since my pay has been ...
|I Don't Want to Race to the Top...
I much prefer strolling slowly down a garden path, with a few hills just to get my heart rate up a little. I can't see why everyone is so interested in making education a race instead of the ...
| I'm an Internet Sensation? Huh?
Crazy. I received a message that The Washington Post wants to publish my diary called "I Don't Want to Be a Teacher Any More." To top that off I got an email from Markos with info from someone at ...
|Differentiation and My Daughter
My daughter has been teaching middle school for the past eight years. She’s bright, beautiful, and passionate about her job. She’s an amazing teacher. She works in a very tough ...
|Out of the Mouths of Babes
Dear Caden's Parents, Your son is a genius. Yeah, I'm pretty sure they should give him a job at ODE or maybe as an adviser to Arne Duncan. We're in class and I'm giving them a pep talk because ...
|You Can Stop Waiting—I Am Superman!
Last summer, my daughter and I went to a conference about science. It was really interesting and we learned a lot. We were trying to get a handle on the new science standards in Oregon, ...
|I Don't Want to be a Teacher Any More
I’ve always been a teacher. Even before I received my teaching credentials 34 years ago, I was the one who Mr. Wells asked to help Kim Hull learn how to do his story problems. I ...
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from this blog?
Set the sticky flag for this diary in the slide rotation:
Set the maximum number of slides to display in the feature:
Recommended by thalli1
- Update: (Governor Ed Rendell comments added to update below) Update 2 : (Both along and kurious spotted an error in the ABC story which I repeated. The fact that Drewniak is testifying to the ...105 comments 185 Recs
- The Star Ledger Editorial Board, of New Jersey, blasts Governor Chris Christie for using taxpayer funded state employees for political purposes ...11 comments 31 Recs
- It is Saturday morning. I am back in a classroom. It is my normal practice to offer a reflection. It will as usual be a combination of personal reflection and observation on a larger scale. I ...19 comments 36 Recs
- This week, former President Bill Clinton urged calm in the face of Washington's stand-off over the so-called fiscal cliff. "They are moving toward a deal," Clinton assured Americans, suggesting ...28 comments 83 Recs
- It was covered by UP with Chris Hayes on August 30, but he posted it to his tumblr page this morning, and I picked it up on my twitter feed. Former Bain Capital ...174 comments 389 Recs
- I posted this on FB this morning, and has received some truly heartwarming responses and requests by family and friends to post it elsewhere. Thought I would post it here with the good people of ...123 comments 580 Recs
- An email from my dad who is a retired political scientist who studied voting patterns. He is trying hard to quit working, but is clearly having trouble doing so. Nearing 80 now, he has gone to ...6 comments 16 Recs
- When Martha Raddatz asked how Vice President Joe Biden's and Representative Paul Ryan's Catholic faiths inform their policy views, Joe Biden delivered the perfect contrast to Ryan's anti-choice ...13 comments 28 Recs
- Oct. 17, 2011 Albuquerque International Sunport Security Checkpoint: I pass a camera crew filming the ticket counter. I stop and consider telling them what I am about to do, but decide against it. ...665 comments 764 Recs
- The Occupy Wall Street protests are shining a national spotlight on the most powerful, dangerous, and secretive economic and political force in America. If this country is to break out of the ...216 comments 767 Recs
- No current results.
- No current results.