Below you'll find recent contributions related to the dogs sockpuppet's followed authors, tags, and groups.
|ct's leaving and DKos stuff
I'm off to California tomorrow at 6:10 a.m. EDT. Who the hell leaves anywhere at that hour? Ok, so, I still have to do some cleaning because a cleanfreak is coming here to to take care of Roger ...
|Black Kos, Tuesday Chile
(Some) white folks haven't changed in over 40 years.* (Image courtesy of The Center of the Study of Political Graphics. Cartoonist is possibly Emory Douglas, former Minister of Culture for the Black ...
|GUS: Happy Cinco de Mayo!! w/ Recipes
I'm just going to be able to post an open thread. You'll have to buy your own beer and burritos, sorry. Finishing up work and off to CA tomorrow a.m. Have a happy day!!! GUS (Gave Up Smoking) ...
|GUS: Cop Out Open Thread w/ Recipes
Hello, my GUSlovelies!!! I've already gotten two loads of laundry on the line before 8:00 a.m., fed the office cat, picked up chewed up stuff left over from Chance the Office Dog and have to clean ...
|Black Kos, Week In Review
Commentary: African American Scientists and Inventors by Black Kos Editor, Sephius1 John P. Parker (1827 – February 4, 1900) was an African-American abolitionist, inventor, iron moulder and ...
|Fire in Chernobyl Contaminated Zone
RT RT and The Ecologist report that a huge forest fire near the abandoned contaminated zone around the Chernobyl disaster site in northern Ukraine is releasing plutonium as well as cesium and ...
|Baltimore: 1993 -- "Come Out, Come Out Wherever You Are."
I went to University of Maryland Law School (Baltimore) at the ripe old age of 40. I was a teacher and realized I really hated the privileged parents I had to deal with and needed a new career. My ...
|AAAnd the Baltimore PD is OFF with the Latest Bullsomething
Ok, I admit to being a bit obsessive with the Freddie Gray case and subsequent protests and police riots but this latest posted on the not venerable WaPo is utter bullshite. Prisoner in Van Says . .
|Baltimore: Over 1,000 Youth March Now w/ Amnesty International Watching
Right now, there are over a thousand young people marching from Penn Station, down Charles and St. Paul Streets over Lexington towards City Hall. Continuing over the last two weeks, The Batimore ...
|"Baltimore is a Shithole." Reason One Billion I'm Embarrassed to be a White Person
So, I was just perusing other blogs and I believe I found this one on Eschaton which had a link to the gawker. "Baltimore is a Shithole": Undisturbed Peace at the Maryland Hunt Club." Read it and ...
|Black Kos, Tuesday's Chile
How much longer? Commentary by Black Kos Editor Denise Oliver-Velez I'm not even sure why I am asking this question, except right now I'm tired. Saw ...
|GUS: Internet Frozeding Again Open Thread
Good morning GUSaroos. Our fantastic Frontier interwebz, maintained by Philosophy and English majors who are handwriting their doctoral theses at work, is crapped up again. Two salesman actually ...
|Update: Baltimore Burning -- I'm not Black. I don't live in a Ghetto
Update: Good lord -- Baltimore is burning! Please let this end. There have been many great diaries today on the tragic rioting in Baltimore following the funeral of Freddie Gray. Tasini's "...
|GUS: Ruh Roh!!! Cawlifourneea w/ Recipes
Ok, here is my advice as to the return of Prohibition and extremely extreme G Men. Never talk to your sister and mother when sort of inebriated. If you do, you may end up like me -- taking a trip ...
|The Sun Paper: Wherein a Newspaper Does News: Freddie Gray
The Baltimore Sun has been bought and sold and bought since it was the newspaper I knew as a kid. My grandmother worked for The Sun when Mencken wrote for them. She believed he was the devil ...
|Black Kos, Week In Review
It is such a shame Commentary by Black Kos Editor JoanMar Ben Affleck was mortified to find out that he had at least one slave-owning ancestor. So humiliated, in fact, that he asked Professor ...
|New England Journal of Medicine calls for support of marriage equality
Last evening, the weekly issue of the New England Journal of Medicine (NEJM) was released. The NEJM is one of the most prestigious medical journals published. Its weekly editorial is most often ...
|Chacounne's Trip to DC !
Cher Kossacks ! As some of you know, I spent last week in Washington, DC, lobbying on Capital Hill against long term solitary confinement, and in support of Albert Woodfox, the still imprisoned ...
|For Earth Day, fight global warming denial that hurts women
On March 25 I introduced legislation that would recognize the disparate impact that global warming will have on women. Specifically, I cited women with limited socioeconomic resources who might be ...
Recommended by the dogs sockpuppet
- Rush attacked my Salon piece on the patriotism of Stephen Colbert, dismissed me as "professorette" -- and got facts so wrong, he made my point stronger. Read my rebuttal .92 comments 250 Recs
- No Justice - no peace. RIP. Mike Brown. Another travesty. No surprise here.525 comments 442 Recs
- While there are few U.S. citizens of any age who deny that this country was founded— allowing for and prospering by—the purchasing and enslavement of Africans via the Atlantic slave trade, ...314 comments 258 Recs
- Finding Our Missing Commentary by Black Kos Editor JoanMar One Monday morning last month, I turned my television on to find that all three cable news channels (CNN, MSNBC, and Fox) were talking ...227 comments 134 Recs
- Drug trials in West Africa: Two possibly effective anti-Ebola drugs, plus immune plasma, will be trialed starting in December in West Africa. This is the first time that drug trials will be held ...22 comments 20 Recs
- Because people "speak their mind." that's actually a POV of some kossacks, old and new. they actually think the (VERY FEW) black people on this site, and those people who sympathize with us... ARE ...1458 comments 323 Recs
- Six thousand years ago, American Indians had been living throughout North America for thousands of years. They followed a lifestyle based hunting, fishing, and gathering that was determined in part ...96 comments 135 Recs
- i saw four teens on bikes leave the youth center together, riding away from me. a young woman was walking toward me. when the teens saw the woman, two kept going, but one turned around and ...199 comments 365 Recs
- Perhaps the best picture of the day. I think there's some folks who disapprove of your job, Mitch.102 comments 359 Recs
- The gutsy red headed nurse who has taken on the right wing noise machine has won another round. Go Kaci! Victory for Maine nurse as judge makes U-turn on Ebola monitoring order Maine suffered ...89 comments 134 Recs
the dogs sockpuppet's Tags
- No current results.
the dogs sockpuppet's Blogroll
- No current results.