Posting History for thepdxbikerboy
|She'll work 3 days a week while she's dying until she can't work anymore.
This is not an information intensive diary. Just passing along the most basic of circumstances of the end of someone's life. This is not one of those friend of a friend of a friend legend kinds of ...
It's been a hell of a last 8 months. Perhaps you've been spectating. Perhaps you've been so fully ground up in the gears of this economic apocalypse that there's no one around who can relate. Me? ...
|McCain: "I have many of the people"
Yup, Grumpy McCain continues his downward spiral into . . . um, did I mention that when I was a POW I didn't have a table ? To the jump! Ah, ...
|Sh*t. Just got laid off.
ugh. Well, count me as one of the people now unemployed in this non-recession recession. My boss just came in with the HR person and gave me the news. They're taking the budget back to 2005 and ...
|Wanna be married? "are you male or female"
I've often argued (but then again I'm no lawyer) that one of the more solid arguments against the current "one man one woman" marriage paradigm, is that it's gender discrimination. Really. It seems ...
|The Mars Lander has found ice! Take THAT Republicans!
Yup! There's ice up there. And as a political junkie I'm psyched! Why? Why should this news make a political junkie happy? Why is this news for a political blog? Because science best describes ...
|7 years of Beavis in the White House
I never really watched Beavis and Butthead back in the day. Probably had/has something to do with the fact that I don't have a TeeVee. But I do remember watching it on occasion over at friends' ...
|NPR swallows the golf "sacrifice" hook, line, and sinker.
Oh my god. Just finished having to hear NPR provide the Bush Administration with a custom made propaganda piece. Noah Adams was the server of this tripe. ugh. to the ...
|Californians change their minds to Obama
I gotta say that I've been thinking about this. With how this primary has been going, I've thought that there must be some people who voted for Hillary, who wish they could change their vote. Turns ...
|Outspent by "real Americans"
3/1 3 to 1 By a margin of THREE TO ONE. Yup. It'll be burned into your brain by the end of the day if it isn't by now. It's the new HRC mantra. And like some guy named Kos said here, "But that's ...
|My reponse to Krugman and what I think he missed.
This is a new angle for me. I've never diaried something that was initially written without publication in mind. It is an email I wrote to my brother-in-law. Anyway, at the end of the day, I've re-...
|"Obedience to lawful authority is manly"
Hat tip to MB at Blacknell.net found via leftyblogs . Hey all you ...
|No Country for Old Men - The Bush version
Warning! This diary contains spoilers for the movie No Country for Old Men . If you haven't seen it, and don't want to know what happens, don't read past the jump. I just ...
|Gay marriage can happen. People change.
Just watched a video of Jerry Sanders, the mayor of San Diego, announcing that he will support a resolution that was recently approved by city council. It's no small moment for a man who opposed gay ...
|The convenient rape/incest exception. I call bullshit. (with poll)
Heard a snippet this morning on NPR about Mitt Romney's "pro-life" renovation. It included something along the lines of opposing abortion except in cases of rape, incest and when the woman's life is ...
|Watch the broad brush on amnesty
Work has been crazy lately so I didn't have time to comment on a statement made in a diary yesterday. The sentiment contained in ...
|Only 202 Iraqi refugees allowed in the US last year!
Not 202 per week, not per month, but in a whole freakin year! That's it. 202. Just heard the following quote on the radio from Secretary of State Rice. I think it is an issue we must ...
|Juan Williams gets called out on NPR
It would probably come as a surprise to many conservatives that NPR is NOT the darling of everyone on the left. I myself have serious issues with NPR's MSM approach and will never forgive them for ...
|What's so scary about peace, love, and microwave rayguns?
As most of you have probably heard and read, the pentagon has unveiled and budgeted for a ray gun . According ...
|Anti-fair trial Pentagon official gives really crappy apology
First off, the background on this story is that Charles Stimson, deputy assistant secretary of defense for detainee affairs, speaking in an interview on Federal News Radio suggested that large ...
|How to take responsibility but not really, and more.
This is sure to one of hundreds of diaries over the next few days taking Bush to task over his dramatically underwhelming speech to the nation on Wednesday eve. As one of the commenters said on NPR ...
|Captain refuses to abandon Titanic until it reaches NYC!
This is my first diary. I had planned a more fully formed initiation on a different topic, and even have a draft that I'm working on at home. But this morning, argh, his voice on the radio. That ...
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from this blog?
Set the sticky flag for this diary in the slide rotation:
Set the maximum number of slides to display in the feature:
Recommended by thepdxbikerboy
- Article VI of the Constitution states that "No religious test shall ever be required as a qualification to any office or public trust under the United States." My name is Wynne LeGrow. I am the ...150 comments 182 Recs
- Yesterday at OpenLeft, I wrote a post about how the Obama administration unduly shies away from ...1571 comments 531 Recs
- Cross-posted at Attytood : For all the over-warped speed ...270 comments 745 Recs
- Contrary to the advertisement banner at the top of the frontpage, Iran is not threatening the US. The Iranian military isn't actively killing American soldiers. The Bush ...694 comments 637 Recs
- I have been at Daily Kos for a long time, and I don't do rants very often. However, I have been dismayed and disheartened by the number of inappropriate comments in the IGTNT diaries for the past ...554 comments 688 Recs
- This'll be a short diary, but I'm about to scream right now and have to vent. Howard Dean is a winner. He understands exactly what the average Democrat stands for and votes for. He also understands ...1269 comments 1313 Recs
- "You saw those cars coming, and you knew who those men were. They wanted you to see them. They wanted you to be afraid of them." - Lillie McKoy, former mayor of Maxton talking about the ...501 comments 1189 Recs
- Dear Mr. Moore: One of my aides was putting together our daily roundup of political news and blog posts from across the spectrum, and noticed your latest on Daily Kos. I've been told that in the ...1471 comments 888 Recs
- I found your rhetoric so inspiring. I found your ideas so encouraging. I also saw the problems you had to confront as overwhelming. I viewed your opposition as well educated, highly experienced ...1675 comments 854 Recs
- There is this conceit among the management class (particularly members of that class who style themselves as left-of-center) that if we just send millions of former workers in our devastated ...504 comments 506 Recs
- No current results.