Posting History for tipsymcstagger
|Friday Night Is For Fighting: Atheism
Welcome to the premiere of FNIFF, a weekly series in which a pathetically bored blogger raises some inherently divisive and insoluble wedge issue for maximum carnage (or, at the very least, a ...
Generation X. I always admired them, just one chronological hiccup before me. Their emphasis on authenticity appealed to me the most, intellectually, though I suppose those who grew up at the time,
|Some Fundamentals Underlying the Abortion Debate
This diary started out as a comment to Wolfwhisper's diary, in which an absence of legal recognition for the unborn as "persons" was used to call into question the claims of anti-abortion activists.
|The Future of Daily Kos
Just a throwaway thought, appropriate for 2 AM (ET) on a Saturday...
|What is the Bare Minimum You Expect from the Next Democratic President?
November 2006: Democrats across the country rejoice as the results begin pouring in and it becomes clear that voters have not just soured on the Republicans, but have served up a full-fledged ...
|For a Liberal Strategy Shift
Sorry to be so negative, but Bush is not going to be impeached. As the Speaker of the House has straightforwardly noted, Congress has no inclination to pursue this route. Many of our ...
|Democrats Who Must Be Primaried
This one will be short but sweet. As Kagro X noted today , the Democratic House's attempt to provide for even the slow ...
|Editorializing vs. Activism
Apologies for tossing out some meta on an otherwise peaceful Saturday afternoon, but I think the issues I'll be addressing here are of key importance to the site and, as they are intimately ...
|An Immodest Campaign Finance Proposal
Why is the American health care industry geared more toward the interests of insurance companies than the citizenry? Why was bankruptcy reform such a "necessity", given the significant profit ...
|Skin Cancer or Potential Brain Damage - A Choice We Shouldn't Have To Make
Today I was leafing through my copy of This Week - a guilty-pleasure, news-lite weekly that synthesizes the hard work of our nation's journalists into a single, reductionist format, when I ...
|Only Obama Can Lead Us On the Road to Impeachment and Institute the Draft, So STFU Radical Feminists
Folks, with the holidays upon us, there has descended a cloud of civility upon DailyKos. The combination of time off of work, time spend around family, the still glowing aura of a Democratic victory,
|Sports - How and Why Do I Love Thee?
Let me apologize in advance for the utterly non-political and non-substantive content of this diary. I figure that, if ever there were a time to drop something like this on the recent diary list ...
|In Which I Abandon All Concern For the Media and Public Opinion||tipsymcstagger||11/17/2006||12||4||-||2|
|Bill Kristol - "This story is not going away"||tipsymcstagger||06/19/2005||7||5||-||9|
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from this blog?
Set the sticky flag for this diary in the slide rotation:
Set the maximum number of slides to display in the feature:
Recommended by tipsymcstagger
- Under a new Oregon law, employers may no longer demand to see your credit history as a ...530 comments 583 Recs
- Dear Democrats, I see things aren't going so well for you in Massachusetts. Many of my ilk, the independent swing voter, have decided to vote for the nice-looking man with the truck, and as we ...50 comments 68 Recs
- Before I explain the generic insult, let me first make something perfectly clear: I am your enemy. That you don't know this is understandable: after all, people like me prefer it that way. ...1510 comments 1579 Recs
- Today, we NEED you guys to call these 65 Democrats in the House to tell them that you don't want them to ...687 comments 603 Recs
- The day before Thanksgiving, when most people were celebrating with their families, or traveling to go celebrate with their families, the Obama administration dumped its White House visitor logs - ...28 comments 11 Recs
- If the Obama administration and the international community really wanted to fix Afghanistan, they wouldn't be preparing to pour tens of thousands of new combat troops into the country, spending ...48 comments 12 Recs
- Robert Reich has called for a 'march on Washington' in support of the public option on September 13th. This will be the day after ...339 comments 585 Recs
- I went to Representative, John Dingell's (D-MI), Town Hall meeting in Romulus, MI this evening. There was so many people that the emcee from the AARP (don't recall his name) said they will have two ...551 comments 486 Recs
- I dare you to read this article all the way through. It's from Businessweek, via TPM, and it's ...117 comments 32 Recs
- This is a diary introducing Oum Kalthoum, the most famous and legendary Arab singer of all time - a woman who's voice was so enchanting that Anwar Sadat, president of Egypt at the time, refused to ...55 comments 28 Recs
- No current results.
- publiccampaign.org - Info on public campaign finance efforts
- Carpetblogger (Commentary on the Turkic and formerly Soviet wor
- Who Is IOZ? (libertarian musings)
- Blue House Diaries
- Mobetta Meta - Harsh indy perspective on big blogs
- Surf Putah - DK user wu ming's interesting site on progressive
- Marisacat - Amusing and vicious anti-DailyKos gossip klatch