tom the letter carrier's groups.
|Firearms Law and Policy
To advocate effectively for repeal or passage of firearms legislation we must first know and understand current law and policy, and how both are implemented, where we live. There is enormous variability across the country; the relative utility/relative risk of firearms is different on a 500 acre ranch in Montana than for a 1000 square foot apartment in New York. State and local laws reflect that diversity. We will discuss firearms law and policy with an emphasis on the many historical ethics an...
|Shut Down the NRA
A group to document News of gun violence, to create a Community of activists, and to create a platform for Action to work towards breaking the hold of the NRA on politicians and changes to gun law that will actually result in significant, measurable decreases in American gun violence and fatalities.
Are you sure you want to remove yourself from this group?
Accept or decline the invitation. A private message will be sent to the group with your response.
Recommended by tom the letter carrier
- 55 comments 59 Recs
- Shit just got real. "Scott Walker Involved in Criminal Scheme" is currently the BANNER headline on the front page of 18 Wisconsin newspaper sites. The breath and depth of the coverage is simply ...391 comments 554 Recs
- In a 5-4 decision today authored by Justice Kagan , the Supreme Court of the United States approved the constitutionality of a federal prosecution of a man who acted as a straw purchaser for a ...130 comments 94 Recs
- Sorry kids, but the guns are more important. If you want to know just how far afield we have gotten from the central notion that Americans ought to be able to go about their daily business without ...148 comments 131 Recs
- The opposite of progress. Wonderful little quote in the Dallas Morning News about the latest iteration of gun freakdom: ...448 comments 433 Recs
- What have we learned from yet another in a long line of horrendous campus gun murders at Seattle Pacific University? That pepper spray turned out to not only be just as good an emergency defense ...301 comments 464 Recs
- What do recent mass terrorizers Elliot Rodger , Adam Lanza , and James Holmes have in common? 1. They all had a documented history of mental illness. 2. They all had reasonably easy access to ...129 comments 27 Recs
- The readers of the Daily Caller are acting more like daily crawlers as they unload their vitriol and moral poutrage on Sandra Fluke, who is now running for state senate in California’s 26th ...26 comments 25 Recs
- As Americans for Responsible Solutions, former Rep. Gabrielle Giffords' super PAC, put out this ad coinciding with the first anniversary of the mass shooting at the Newtown, Connecticut, Sandy ...9 comments 25 Recs
- A group of 40 gun advocates gathered and waited outside a restaurant where they knew a gun safety advocay "group" was holding a meeting. Pulling up in the parking lot, they took out their weapons ...886 comments 499 Recs
tom the letter carrier's Tags
- No current results.
tom the letter carrier's Blogroll
- No current results.