Raptavio's Rule of Rhetoric: "Everything before the 'but' is bullshit."
"I'm not racist, but..."
"I'm sorry, but..."
"I hear what you're saying, but..."
DOB: May 24, 1971
Location: Rosemount, MN, USA
Occupation: Principal Web Applications Developer
Diaries published: 67 (6 days since last diary on Tue Apr 28, 2015 at 08:28 AM PDT)
Comments posted: 28294 (1 day since last comment on Sun May 03, 2015 at 08:44 AM PDT)
Diary frequency: often
Comment frequency: frequent
Total Recommends: 2120
Total Comment Ratings: 30894
Most Recommended Diary: Why do you care what someone else believes in?, 798 comments, 423 recommends
People Following raptavio: 99
raptavio's Most Frequent Tags:
raptavio's Most Recent Diaries:
This is a must-read from Awesomely Luvvie (Luvvie Ajayi) from last December about the very predictable response that can be expected when there's an egregious example of injustice, violence, ...by raptavio
40 comments on Tue Apr 28, 2015 at 08:28 AM PDT with 29 Recommends
This will be an image-heavy diary. I'm still working on the videos (they came through rotated wrong) and I do have one incident on video of the police grabbing a black man and yanking him into their ...by raptavio
49 comments on Sat Dec 20, 2014 at 07:54 PM PST with 68 Recommends
It's a quarter past one, 45 minutes before the scheduled start of the #BlackLivesMatter protest here at the Mall of America in Bloomington, Minnesota. So far, a few badly disguised plainclothes ...by raptavio
122 comments on Sat Dec 20, 2014 at 11:22 AM PST with 65 Recommends
Brief update on earlier diaries: Neighborhoods Organizing for Change wants to make a event out of the delivery of the #pointergate petitions, so navajo and I have agreed to delay delivery to give ...by raptavio
3 comments on Sun Nov 23, 2014 at 03:16 PM PST with 7 Recommends
Monday, November 24, at 5pm, [UPDATE] Delivery Delayed by Neighborhoods Organizing for Change to have more of their team attend. I will be delivering a petition ...by raptavio
28 comments on Thu Nov 20, 2014 at 05:39 PM PST with 72 Recommends
Daily Kos Director of Community Building navajo has asked me to deliver 37,015 signatures on a petition ...by raptavio
13 comments on Tue Nov 18, 2014 at 03:18 PM PST with 25 Recommends
Recommended by raptavio
- No snarky comment here. Not for this image. 'Why?' It's the most useful one word sentence in the English language. It's how we begin the search for causes, for understanding, for truth. We have to ...100 comments 131 Recs
- As I said in a diary yesterday, I was so impressed with Ms. Mosby's courageous statement yesterday that I suggested she might be the Democratic candidate for President that we will need in coming ...84 comments 109 Recs
- 89 comments 184 Recs
- After issuing Murder Indictments against the Officers who Killed Freddie Gray just 24 hrs after receiving the case from the Baltimore PD , when talking to CNN's Don Lemon, yeah Don Lemon, Maryland ...76 comments 152 Recs
- Freddie Gray being loaded into a van by Baltimore Police On April 12th, six Baltimore police officers assaulted Freddie Gray and took him on something I'll admit I've never heard of ...234 comments 334 Recs
- A few caveats, before I get going. First of all, I do not presently practice in the Constitutional law/civil rights field. I am basing this primarily on my memory of my law school coursework on ...41 comments 37 Recs
- Thanks to reporters Mark Puente & Wesley Lowery for the screen shot: The official list of charges against the 6 officers (not 1, not 2, not 3...*six*) is out:326 comments 415 Recs
- Baltimore State's Attorney: Freddie Gray's death was a homicide and criminal charges will be pursuedOn Friday morning, Baltimore City State's Attorney Marilyn Mosby announced that the death of Freddie Gray has been ruled a homicide and that criminal charges will be pursued.662 comments 341 Recs
- Late Wednesday night, The Washington Post reported played stenographer for the Baltimore Police Department, publishing a leaked document ...115 comments 110 Recs
- No current results.