Posting History for umkahlil
|What's Painful to Remember, Palestinians Don't Forget
". . . memory is not just an idle capacity. Rather, who can remember, and who can be made to forget, is, fundamentally, an expression of power." George Bisharat in today's San Francisco ...
|'We Want the Whole World To Know About Us'
American, do you realize, that the taxes that you pay feed the forces that traumatize my every living day? The bulldozers and the tanks, the gases and the guns, the bombs that ...
|MSM Promotes Palestinian Voices
President Jimmy Carter's courageous stand on behalf of occupied Palestinians has sparked a surge of Palestinian and pro-Palestinian voices appearing in the mainstream media. For example the LA ...
|MSM Discusses Right to Resist 'Right to Exist' Mantra
"Do you believe in Israel's right to exist?" has replaced "What do you think about suicide bombing?" as the number one question posed to Palestinians since the past elections in the occupied ...
|Route 181: Message of Truth and Reconciliation
Much of my review of Route 181 appeared originally at my personal blog [http://umkahlil.blogspot.com/2005/05/route-181-message-of-truth-and.html umkahlil]. The film takes its name from UN ...
|New York Times Misses Beat on 'Sderock' City Story
Yesterday the New York Times ran a feature, [http://www.nytimes.com/2007/04/27/world/middleeast/27sderot.html?_r=1&hp&oref=slogin Give Them Shelter: Where Rockets and Drums Go Boom]. ...
|Kamal Nasir: 'Fighting on the Side of Beauty'
Permission from [ http://www.thisweekinpalestine.com/index.php?edid=139 This Week in Palestine] to repost from Rima Nasir Tarazi's [http://www.thisweekinpalestine.com/details.php?id=2099&ed=139&edid=...
|Palestinian-American Oversees Cancer Stem Cell Research
Institute for Middle East Understanding (IMEU) has granted permission to post this story in full. http://imeu.net/news/article005070.shtml "When people understand the contributions that ...
|Vermont Guardian Provides Voice for Palestinian
. . .the Lobby is quite clear in its efforts to suppress any congressional dissent from the policy of complete support for Israel which might hurt annual appropriations. Even one voice ...
|'The Other Exodus':Palestinians' Anecdotes of Expulsion
We came and turned the native Arabs into tragic refugees. And still we dare to slander and malign them, to besmirch their name. Instead of being deeply ashamed of what we did and ...
|Introducing A Palestinian-American Democrat
I am a Palestinian/Syrian American school teacher. Since I have been posting on Daily Kos, a few commentators have inferred that I am fostering hate, for to some when I speak lovingly of my heritage,
|Privileges and Principles in Palestine/Israel
" . . . a solution divorced from the context of its problem is a solution built on quicksand" (Khalidi xxiv). Since many Palestinian-Americans find the "old country" somewhat ...
|Why Americans Should Support Right of Return for Palestinians
At the [http://www.thedohadebates.com/output/page1.asp Doha Debates] sponsored by BBC World, eighty-two percent of the audience rejected the motion: 'This House believes the Palestinians should give ...
|Anniversary of Palestine's 'Day of the Land'
Six Palestinian citizens of Israel, who were peacefully protesting the confiscation of their land in the Galilee were shot dead thirty-one years ago today. Palestinians in the occupied territories,
|Dr. Salman Abu Sitta: Palestinians' Sacred Right of Return
In 1948, the villagers of Kfar Bir'im in Galilee were evicted from their homes. Some lived in caves thinking that they could return in two weeks. Seven children died. In 1953 they watched from a ...
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from this blog?
Set the sticky flag for this diary in the slide rotation:
Set the maximum number of slides to display in the feature:
Recommended by umkahlil
- This is quoted from Olympia-Rafah Sister City Project : For the last three years, community members in Olympia, WA, and Rafah, ...97 comments 5 Recs
- The decisions and opinions of this writer do not necessarily reflect those of the International Women's Peace Service. [For my eyewitness photos from the invasion, ...179 comments 5 Recs
- VIGIL and showing of THE IRON WALL Vigil for Palestine in St. Mark's May 18 Vigil: 5:00 - 6:00 soup: 6-6:30 Film: THE IRON WALL, produced in Palestine THE IRON WALL ...35 comments 2 Recs
- [For my eyewitness photos from the invasion, click here .] [For this report with photographs, see publication on Electronic ...61 comments 8 Recs
- The Palestinian refugee problem was created as the result of two wars (Al-Naqba of 1948 and Al-Naksa of 1967), massacres, and other aggressions perpetrated by Jewish underground and terror groups ...100 comments 9 Recs
- First they went after K-12 with "No Child Left Behind". Now, this administration is quietly trying to dismantle Higher Education. And, surprise,surprise....it ...26 comments 41 Recs
- Washington, DC, June 10-11 JOIN US IN PROTESTING THE 40th ANNIVERSARY OF THE ISRAELI OCCUPATION Tens of thousands to mobilize for protest rally and lobbying day ...54 comments 15 Recs
- [For my eyewitness photos from the invasion, click here .] [For this report with photographs, see publication on Electronic ...15 comments 14 Recs
- The World Bank has added its voice exposing some of the horrors of the Occupation of Palestine. For too long the plight of the Palestinian people has been hushed up, with only the voice of the ...281 comments 9 Recs
- Where on earth would you expect to see a military forces going out at 5:30 AM to throw out 'handicapped children' to the cold streets after snatching the ...104 comments 13 Recs
- No current results.
- No current results.