Below you'll find recent contributions related to uniqity's followed authors, tags, and groups.
|How did you begin to unlearn racism?
Overpass Light Brigade, "Unlearn Racism" When the Overpass Light Brigade brought the message of " ...
|Denise Oliver Velez||05/24/2015||485|
|MD-Sen: Donna Edwards (D) Goes After The Medicare Cuts In The TPP||poopdogcomedy||05/20/2015||6|
|Hillary Clinton and Bernie Sanders: My Take
I'm going to begin this diary by saying that yes, I do support Bernie Sanders' Democratic Primary run. I support him knowing full well he isn't going to win the primary. Even if he did manage to ...
|Sunday Train: Benefits of the Maryland Red and Purple Lines
Just as national attention has been focused on the sections of Baltimore that have been largely locked out of the revival of economic activity in downtown Baltimore and the Inner Harbor, the new ...
|What's Wrong With Video Games and Gaming Journalism? (Hint: It Ain't Anita Sarkeesian)
Perhaps this diary comes a bit late, but I'm just sick and tired of the faceless GamerGate® movement bitching about Feminism and harassing women in game development under the guise of Journalistic ...
|Driving while black, brown, or Indian
Most people have heard or read the acronym "DWB," which stands for " Driving While Black ," or in many cases "Brown," derived from DWI—Driving While Intoxicated. In ...
|Denise Oliver Velez||05/17/2015||218|
|Just Letting the Community Know I'm Still Here
Yeah, I haven't been posting much in the way of diaries as of late. I guess you could say that with everything going on lately from police murders to riots I was pretty much out of breath. To be ...
|When White People Rioted in Baltimore
" The despot's heel is on thy shore, Maryland! His torch is at thy temple door, Maryland! Avenge the patriotic gore That flecked the streets of Baltimore, And be the battle queen of yore, Maryland! ...
|Baltimore jail has refused to admit 2,600 people because they needed emergency medical care first
Before he was ever placed in the police van, Freddie Gray was in need of emergency medical treatment Baltimore Police have a major, systemic ...
|Prince releases song dedicated to Freddie Gray and Baltimore (Listen here)
Prince releases new protest song dedicated to Freddie Gray. Prince has released new protest song called "Baltimore", a dedication to Freddie Gray and the residents of Baltimore. The song calls for ...
Recommended by uniqity
- Let me preface this diary by saying that having known families who support children diagnosed within the autism spectrum and having had a parent who worked for a long time with a very wide range ...39 comments 32 Recs
- I wrote a diary the other day that apparently struck a nerve. It got passed around some on Twitter and FaceBook and you wouldn't believe the swarm of haters and trolls that swept into the diary to ...284 comments 450 Recs
- What does it take to make Republicans want to keep religious leaders out of politics? A pope who disagrees with them, apparently. Pope Francis' recognition of ...207 comments 216 Recs
- One of the amazing creatures in a recent deep sea expedition This amazing footage from the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration highlights ...36 comments 177 Recs
- Thirty-five years ago, babies born in the U.S. had an infant mortality rate equal to Germany. Today, American babies die at twice the rate of those in Germany. Thirty-five years ago, the U.S. ...197 comments 479 Recs
- KVUE in Texas is reporting that 1 person is dead and 3 are injured in a bridge collapse in Bell County, Texas. One person is dead and at least three others are ...67 comments 87 Recs
- Michigan Republicans have a plan that would ...90 comments 44 Recs
- Pure of heart Eight-year-old Gabi Mann has been feeding crows in her family's Seattle backyard garden for about four years now. It started as an accident: Gabi's ...308 comments 612 Recs
- Another terribly ugly racist incident in the St. Louis area. A white man at a Florissant, Missouri, White Castle was upset with two women who'd gotten to the drive-thru window before him, so he ...338 comments 317 Recs
- Zendaya Coleman, a beautiful 18 year-old-entertainer, wore dreadlocks to the Oscar Awards Show. She was just glowingly, adorably beautiful. What was the response from the fashion police over at ...379 comments 416 Recs
- No current results.
- No current results.