Posting History for vacantlook
|Happy National Coming Out Day!
Today is October 11, 2014. It's National Coming Out Day . Happy day to everyone. There's been quite a lot of good advancement in the cause of equality this past week, and one of the most important ...
|Continuing Education at the St Louis Co. Police Academy
I just saw this pdf for a new class at the St. Louis county police academy . It's titled: "OFFICER-INVOLVED SHOOTING -- YOU CAN WIN WITH THE MEDIA"
|LGBT Literature: David Levithan
David Levithan is out and proud, and so too is his young adult (YA) fiction. When asked at the 2012 National Book Festival why he likes to write so many queer books, after initially responding, "...
|Catholic League's Bill Donohue Refuses To March In LGBT Pride Parade
Recently, Bill Donohue decided to make parades his new championed cause. You see, he got super annoyed that, upon it being declared that gay people couldn't march in the St. Patrick's Day parade in ...
|I don't want to close the "Good news!"
So, I wake up a few hours ago, I reheat some coffee left over from this morning with there being nowhere near as much left over as I felt I needed for today, and I boot up my computer. I get online ...
|I am a lunatic.
Osama bin Laden has been killed. The majority of Americans seem to be jubilantly enjoying his being killed. It's a party. It's exciting. It's fun. They feel pleasure in his death. I do not. I ...
|Earth doesn't have homeless.
I don't exactly know why, but having read several diaries today and comments therein, I found myself thinking of a scene in the third season Babylon 5 episode "Voices Of Authority". In this ...
|Calling someone a "f----t" is not a big deal.
All you gay people out there, especially you gay youth, get over it. That's the message that I saw expressed multiple times last night here on Daily Kos. So what if someone called someone else a "...
|Doesn't Matter If CA Legalizes Pot
It doesn't matter if California legalizes pot, it will still be illegal. At least, that's what Attorney General Eric Holder has said. Regardless of the will of the people of the state, the federal ...
|School Laptop Spying x 40
Shortly after the news started to catch on that the Philadelphian school district had used the laptops they had issued to their students to spy on a kid in that kid's home, the superintendent, if I ...
|The effects of legitimized homophobia.
I'm going to tell this story again. I've told it before. I did so when Obama picked Donnie McClurkin to represent him at a campaign event. There were people participating in the discussion of it ...
rserven has asked for coming out stories , given that today is National Coming Out Day. I've told some of my story ...
|McClurkin's Pro-Hate Religious Beliefs
In an attempt to further his campaign for President of the United States, Barack Obama is going to have a "Gospel Tour" in South Carolina. One of the participants in Obama's tour will be the openly ...
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from this blog?
Set the sticky flag for this diary in the slide rotation:
Set the maximum number of slides to display in the feature:
Recommended by vacantlook
- Do as I say, not as I do. That particular idiom about hypocrisy is especially true if you're a Republican espousing "family values." A good example of this occurred recently when the ...322 comments 237 Recs
- Mike Huckabee poses with Josh Duggar Proving once again that he is not a serious 2016 presidential candidate, this morning Mike Huckabee unleashed a tirade against ...288 comments 190 Recs
- Need a bit of inspiration this morning? I've got just the story for you. On Tuesday, two men showed up on a street corner in Tillamook, Oregon, with signs reading "Homo sex is sin" and "Jesus said ...119 comments 420 Recs
- I haven't been blogging for a bit. I've been busy reading and researching. But given the discussions of late, I thought I would share a bit of truth about ourselves that needs to be exposed and ...318 comments 434 Recs
- (photo credit: G. Pisano) On Hardball tonight, Chris Matthews interviewed ex-CIA Deputy Director (and Acting Director) under George W. Bush, Michael Morrell. Here is a ...284 comments 442 Recs
- From inside the belly of the beast on trade comes an illuminating view on the secrecy around the Trans Pacific Partnership. From an insider. Who knows. And he says: Sens. Warren and Sanders, and a ...217 comments 281 Recs
- This man has read the TPP, can't legally tell us the details, but says Warren's criticisms are rightLabor organizations oppose the Trans Pacific Partnership Trade deal in a rally outside of the Capitol in May 2014. His name is Michael Wessel. He has served on the U.S. ...249 comments 369 Recs
- (illustration courtesy of Mad Magazine) In case you didn't yet know Cheney was recklessly incompetent. From firstlook.org : When presented with an actual terror threat – the one that ...210 comments 353 Recs
- Valencia College now undergoing a probe of another sort. Students at Valencia College are suing, claiming they were forced to undergo transvaginal probes in ...270 comments 248 Recs
- Louisiana today killed the latest iteration of those bone-headed "religious freedom" bills popping up in ...35 comments 38 Recs
- No current results.
- No current results.