Protest and topical music including comedy. We're interested in the history of protest music, for instance labor songs, civil rights songs, anti war songs. We also feature contemporary protest music and we particularly want to hear your protest songs.
This is an open group. Please join and post your diaries. If you want to help manage the group message me and I'll make you a BlogEditor.
Of course Protest Music is on topic. But it doesn't have to be both. Protest or Music. Prote...
Recommended by waydownsouth
- It is very disappointing to hear Markos and other Hillary liberals of the political class already dissing Bernie Sanders. What is the point? Are they not among those of us who believe that any ...911 comments 309 Recs
- At about 7:30 PM this evening, after one of the most idiotic manuevers by the Oakland Police I have yet seen, Trayvon Martin verdict protesters went up the down ramp onto an already backed up I880, ...23 comments 40 Recs
- Ever since the 2000 presidential election, Republicans have used the Supreme Court of the United States as their Fixer when the American people disobey them at the polls. We chose the "wrong" ...23 comments 15 Recs
- Demographic trends show a dramatic rise in constituencies likely not to favor the Republican Party. And against that trend we have these Supreme Court decisions: 1. Bush v. Gore (Yeah, this was ...2 comments 14 Recs
- Tide chart from Atlantic City, NJ A silly question, for sure, but it appears to be something that happened on June 13th at several locations along the coast from Boston southward into Virginia ...42 comments 209 Recs
- Answer: "I reject entirely your ridiculous attempt to smear me as a violent man. Implicit in your question is the premise that I have a case to answer. You do not get to attempt to frame me, or ...20 comments 22 Recs
- Add riding a bicycle down the street to the list of things that are dangerous because one of your neighbors has a firearm. According to The Washington Post , John E. Albers, was loading his ...32 comments 28 Recs
- I wish I was making this up. But I'm not that creative. This is just proof of the old adage that "Truth is stranger than fiction because fiction has to make sense; truth is not bound by that ...225 comments 165 Recs
- There are two major economic and budgetary issues which Congress must address in the lame-duck session or soon afterward. First, how do we reverse the decline of the middle class and create the jobs ...102 comments 299 Recs
- A comb-over can't hide the truth of Todd Akin's extremism. Go back 30 or 20 or even 10 years ago, and most of the people in the Congress who could be said to merit the label "extremist" look ...93 comments 88 Recs
- No current results.
- No current results.