Posting History for waydownsouth
|Expressing myself -- NOT voting for Landrieu
It is not a good feeling when the only option for expressing your beliefs in an election is not to vote. But it's the only way to send a message to the Democratic Party that Mary Landrieu ignored me,
|Wanna see the graphic: Rubio grabbing water after 11 minutes vs. Davis going without for 11 hours
Okay, this isn't much of a diary. I'm just asking one of you talented folks out there, perhaps the one who made the great Hillary and Wendy graphic the other day, to make one contrasting Rubio's ...
|My daughters watch the inauguration and a Happy Days rerun on same day: how far we've come on race
My daughters and I watched much of the inauguration yesterday. Like many, we were deeply moved by Obama's speech, but were perhaps the most happy simply watching the Obama family hang out together. ...
|My apologies for diary on testosterone gel.
I deleted my previous diary because I realized I am too ignorant on the subject to have written a diary on it. It was a knee-jerk reaction to commercials for testosterone gel similar to Viagra ...
|I can think of one child of a single mother who did pretty well
Romney's comment about single parents was offensive to me as a single dad. The idea that a question about gun violence should turn into an answer berating children who are raised by single parents ...
|Obama Zydeco from Louisiana, as on Rachel Maddow election night 2008, revisited
Hey y'all! Some of you may remember the Louisiana Zydeco video a few friends and I made in 2008 to help put President Obama in the White House. You can link to it here if interested: This ...
|The corporate broadcasting money filter -- or why your donation ends up in Republican pockets
One thing I don't understand is why no one talks about what really happens with political advertising money and how it inevitably ends up in the pockets of pro-Republican broadcasters and ...
|Performing with Joan Baez at Occupy Wall Street, Foley Square
I've been lucky enough to experience many powerful things with Joan Baez. This is one:
|Where do the millions of foreign dollars go? To TV stations...
Everyone is talking about all the foreign and untraceable money coming into the campaign, but few seem to be focusing on where it eventually ends up - in the pockets of TV stations who run the ...
|Vitter lies - "... largest tax increase in American history."
To my dismay, I am on David Vitter's e-mail list. I have requested removal from it several times but I still receive a few e-mails a week. I'm not sure how I ended up on the list, though I may ...
|Obama- It's no longer about uniting from beneath but LEADING from above
I see Obama in the middle of a lake. He has spent his life pulling left and right together to make a raft on which he could stand to mount his career and his campaigns. But, that raft will not ...
|Thanks for being a part of our movement for change!
This is what the picture of Barack and Michelle Obama that has been on my fridge for a year and a half says. Today, I took it down. I doubt I will ever display another picture of a politician in my ...
|BREAKING: My fever, thanks to Britain's NHS, at no charge
I originally began this diary in a sarcastic and caustic tone, opening with the sentence, "Today I ventured into the belly of the beast, a horrible, nightmarish death tunnel of socialized medicine." ...
|Joan Baez diffuses right wing protest at Idaho concert
What would you do if you found yourself standing face to face with people bearing signs accusing you by name of killing babies and encouraging the shooting of American soldiers? Might you lose your ...
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from this blog?
Set the sticky flag for this diary in the slide rotation:
Set the maximum number of slides to display in the feature:
Recommended by waydownsouth
- At about 7:30 PM this evening, after one of the most idiotic manuevers by the Oakland Police I have yet seen, Trayvon Martin verdict protesters went up the down ramp onto an already backed up I880, ...23 comments 40 Recs
- Ever since the 2000 presidential election, Republicans have used the Supreme Court of the United States as their Fixer when the American people disobey them at the polls. We chose the "wrong" ...23 comments 15 Recs
- Demographic trends show a dramatic rise in constituencies likely not to favor the Republican Party. And against that trend we have these Supreme Court decisions: 1. Bush v. Gore (Yeah, this was ...2 comments 14 Recs
- Tide chart from Atlantic City, NJ A silly question, for sure, but it appears to be something that happened on June 13th at several locations along the coast from Boston southward into Virginia ...42 comments 209 Recs
- Answer: "I reject entirely your ridiculous attempt to smear me as a violent man. Implicit in your question is the premise that I have a case to answer. You do not get to attempt to frame me, or ...20 comments 22 Recs
- Add riding a bicycle down the street to the list of things that are dangerous because one of your neighbors has a firearm. According to The Washington Post , John E. Albers, was loading his ...32 comments 28 Recs
- I wish I was making this up. But I'm not that creative. This is just proof of the old adage that "Truth is stranger than fiction because fiction has to make sense; truth is not bound by that ...225 comments 165 Recs
- There are two major economic and budgetary issues which Congress must address in the lame-duck session or soon afterward. First, how do we reverse the decline of the middle class and create the jobs ...102 comments 298 Recs
- A comb-over can't hide the truth of Todd Akin's extremism. Go back 30 or 20 or even 10 years ago, and most of the people in the Congress who could be said to merit the label "extremist" look ...93 comments 88 Recs
- National polls currently show Obama leading Romney by an average of 48.5% to 43.2%. But Republicans are right to criticize these polls. When you look at the numbers, you see an unbalanced ...189 comments 513 Recs
- No current results.
- No current results.