A group devoted to covering hurricanes from formation to dissipation, and everywhere in between. Be sure to follow Severe Weather Liveblog for information on tornadoes or severe thunderstorms, as well as the severe weather caused by the remnants of tropical systems after landfall.
|Moose On The Loose
Moose On The Loose is a Group formed to share both diaries and recommendations by Moose and Friends of the Moose. A place to display and share diaries on dKos. Sort of like Mom's refrigerator for Moose and Friends. The views presented will be as varied as the members of the group and no single view should be attributed to the group as a whole.
A jotterville community where all are welcome. Offering friendship and support where discussions are light on politics and meta. A place to share ideas, perspectives, attitudes, memes, images of popular culture and history.
This is the group for the pooties, woozles, and birdies people and if you don't like them and don't see the purpose of us being here, please, do not bother us. Just remember what Nurse Kelley said "Don't f**k with the pootie people.
The SciTech group is dedicated to the exploration of Science and Technology. We welcome all diaries, essays, and discussions that teach or explain the wonders of the universe.
|Severe Weather Liveblog
A group created to liveblog severe weather events (tornadoes, widespread severe t'storms, remnants of hurricanes, etc.) as they happen. Diaries posted to this group should be of a liveblog nature only. Be sure to also follow Hurricane Kos for the latest on the tropics.
|State of the Skies
State of the Skies is a group that focuses on the goings-on above our heads. The majority of postings will be meteorology-related, but the group is definitely not meteorology-exclusive.
|UN Climate Summit
Home base for articles promoting the People's Climate March, the UN Climate Summit and the September 19-23 blogathon.
This group is for Daily Kos members who live in or are interested in Virginia.
|Weather For Kossacks
Weather For Kossacks is a new semi-regular series aimed at helping readers better understand the processes that make up the weather.
|Youth Kos 2.0
Youth Kos 2.0 is the hub of the young progressive voice on Daily Kos. The progressive movement will not meet its goals if we do not provide a platform for the next generation of progressive thinkers and leaders to offer their thoughts to the national conversation.
Are you sure you want to remove yourself from this group?
Accept or decline the invitation. A private message will be sent to the group with your response.
Recommended by weatherdude
- So we've apparently entered silly season; the habitual fight to exhaustion in dueling diaries over who will best represent Democrats in the coming race for the White House and why that choice should ...73 comments 18 Recs
- In an interview with Rachel Maddow to air tonight, Senate Minority Leader Harry Reid tells her that he has a procedural means by which he will be able to force a vote on the Loretta Lynch nomination.18 comments 36 Recs
- Hillary Clinton’s announcement video that kicked off her 2016 presidential campaign will go down as one of the great works of political advertising and strategy in modern history. Decades from ...966 comments 520 Recs
- Mass polio vaccination in Columbus, Georgia, during the early days of the National Polio Immunization Program Can a vaccine be responsible for the ...277 comments 205 Recs
- I just got this note from Jack Thompson, Cedwyn's father. "Cedwyn passed away tonight, quietly, gracefully and at peace." He continued "Please pass our appreciation and gratitude to all of the ...267 comments 718 Recs
- Hi folks, I am writing this at Dulles Airport, and I've just come from Cedwyn's parents house, which is where she's staying. Her parents are wonderful and they are giving her the best possible care ...165 comments 529 Recs
- From the GREAT STATE OF MAINE… Maine Folklife Center :204 comments 81 Recs
- Former Wasilla mayor and Alaska governor Sarah Palin has a career filled with high profile endorsements and speeches, including a musical number in which she advocates for cross-dressing in the ...38 comments 47 Recs
- Perhaps the best picture of the day. I think there's some folks who disapprove of your job, Mitch.102 comments 359 Recs
- Stick around long enough, and even The Weather Channel will change ... The Weather Channel: Climate Change Is Real by Matt Wilstein, mediaite.com -- October 29th, 2014 Without referencing co-...65 comments 193 Recs
- Alabama (3000)
- Blizzard (102)
- Cheers and Jeers (4198)
- Earthquake (1830)
- Earthquakes (442)
- GBCW (925)
- Hurricane (660)
- Hurricanes (547)
- Meteorology (1096)
- Mobile (124)
- Severe Weather (1472)
- Snark (19262)
- Snow (469)
- State of the Skies (232)
- Tornado (1307)
- Tornadoes (1001)
- Tropics (174)
- TTFN (356)
- Weather (3552)
- National Weather Service
- Storm Prediction Center
- National Hurricane Center
- Hydrometeorological Prediction Center
- Upper-Air Sounding Data
- Bufkit Data (Model Fcst Soundings)
- METAR Reports (Current Wx Obs)
- NCEP Forecast Models
- Current Local Satellite Images
- UW CIMSS Tropical Cyclones
- Environment Canada
- UK Met Office
- Bermuda Weather Service
- Mexican Weather Service
- CoCoRaHS (Rain Amt. Reporting Network)
- Capital Weather Gang (DC Area Weather)