Below you'll find recent contributions related to wordene's followed authors, tags, and groups.
|Tough Times in the Hate Business
I guess when you run a hate organization, you have to keep the perceived horrors involving what you hate in the news in order to keep those donations rolling in. I mean, the hate don't pay for ...
|When is a police dog a canary in a coal mine?
When marijuana starts getting relegalized. Pot Legalization Casualties: Oregon Drug Dogs Get the Pink Slip As Oregon prepares for the advent of legal marijuana beginning July 1, there are already ...
|Boulder mom steps up for her kids
Kai Mackenzie has two children. Both were assigned male at birth...but that didn't take. As a parent, Kai McKenzie admits it took years to understand what it meant to raise a transgender child. Kai�
|A small but important detail
Last week the Senate Judiciary Committee in Illinois unanimously passed HB 3552, which is an amendment to the Disposition of Remains Act which would allow transgender people to provide written ...
|Pennsylvania Governor: Decriminalize marijuana. Current laws are ripping families apart.
Upon testimony from doctors and patients, Pennsylvania considers common sense approach to marijuana. It has taken decades to get this point in our society, but key politicians are getting on the ...
|Israeli Soldiers Reveal the Horrors of Gaza in 'Breaking the Silence' Report
Originally published in Tikkun Daily A major in Israel's infantry, who fought in the Northern Gaza Strip during Israel's assault in the summer of 2014, talks of devastation. He talks of endless ...
|David Harris Gershon||05/18/2015||83|
|Barnes and Noble sued for wrongful termination
Victoria Ramirez put herself through college working for Barnes & Noble. She worked herself up the ladder from bookseller to merchandise manager at a store in Irvine, CA. But when she began ...
|Transgender students and eating disorders
For the first time ever the American Health Association-National College Health Assessment survey allowed students to identify as transgender. Out of this effort emerged Gender Identity, Sexual ...
|Transgender Health Care
The American College of Physicians (ACP) is the second largest group pf medical doctors in the nation, behind the AMA. This past week the ACP has issued its positions on how best to support and ...
|The Healing Properties Of Cannabis-Needs To Be Legalized Nationally And Federally
Images For Medical ...
|PBS: The science of being our authentic selves
It is not unusual during the course of the day to discover someone who is totally invested in the idea that gender is totally determined by chromosomes and therefore accepting trans people for who ...
|Transgender women sue to donate plasma
Jasmine Kaiser has filed suit in King County, WA, Superior Court against CSL Plasma, Inc., a for profit company that pays donors for plasma as much as $200 a month because the company refused to let ...
|Miley Cyrus? Really?
Perhaps I should start off with a personal note. When I was living in Arkansas after my transition, I used to run a LGBT group out of my home: Conway Prism. Although the group was mainly ...
|SAVE Champion of Equality Awards
Last Friday, SAVE , a South Florida LGBT Equality group, presented its 2015 Campions of Equality recipients. This years recipients were Rodrigo, Heng-Lehtinen, donor services director for GLAAD, ...
|Young cannabis oil patient dies, family says
This appears to have occurred on April 28th 2015. I just saw this this afternoon, searching for something totally different. FOX 5 Atlanta DEKALB COUNTY, Ga. - We been following the story of 8-...
Have you felt it? Truly felt it? Just to make sure you’re on the same page with me, let’s try an exercise. Picture yourself sailing a small boat way out at sea. It’s a beautiful day, light ...
|For Mother's Day
Friday's entry in the New York Times editorial staff's Transgender Project was Families Share Stories of Raising Transgender Kids . Among those kids highlighted was Avery Jackson (apparently ...
|Transgender protections pass at FCPS as hate erupts
After days ...
Recommended by wordene
- France taking dramatic steps to reduce waste. In the United States, an estimated (and astounding) 430 billion ...10 comments 42 Recs
- Let's begin by being honest. Shaun King is a polarizing figure. He has a very specific point of view when it comes to American police forces and their dealings with African Americans, and he is ...843 comments 430 Recs
- After recapping the Tesla Powerwall last week-end, I commented that I would dig into the tech and the price points, a bit more critically this week-end. SOOOOO, here are a few note-worthy articles ...58 comments 119 Recs
- (illustration by DonkeyHotey) From The New York Times : Mr. Bush, the former governor of Florida, had just concluded a town-hall-style meeting when Ms. (Ivy) Ziedrich demanded to be heard. “202 comments 565 Recs
- Regular watchers of PBS Newshour are accustomed to some excellent reporting, and I'd just like to draw attention to 2 recent examples. In my opinion, these are "must see" TV for anyone wanting to ...5 comments 5 Recs
- This is an open letter to the DNC and all progressive, liberal, forward thinking PACs, campaign committees, and organizations. I'd like to propose a sweeping campaign that – if implemented by the ...39 comments 40 Recs
- Fox News made a major oops on Monday afternoon, and not of the usual Fox News kind. This wasn't a partisan lie about Obamacare or anything like that. No, a Fox ...50 comments 30 Recs
- I am sad, but also excited, to announce that after 11 years I am leaving Daily Kos and joining Raintank , where I will be working on monitoring software and doing devsy-opsy. It's been a long and ...120 comments 293 Recs
- I keep a close watch on this heart of mine I keep my eyes wide open all the time I keep the ends out for the tie that binds Because you're mine, I walk the line I Walk the Line , by Johnny Cash ...34 comments 60 Recs
- No current results.