Posting History for yar
|Offer: a free book that addresses gun violence
Today, gun violence brings more grief, more tragedy. Years ago, in response to a school shooting in California, I wrote an "issues" novel titled We the Enemy to try to spark new conversation about ...
|free e-novel offers unique take on gun control
The other day I offered free ebook copies of my novel, We the Enemy. There are some left, so I thought I'd try again. As for gun control, one of the good guys in the novel says, "If you ...
|Free ebooks of novel in exchange for feedback
I'm offering 50 free ebook copies of my novel, We the Enemy, to Daily Kos readers in return for feedback. Why Daily Kos? Because it's my philosophical community, the natural thought-home ...
|Let's try shunning
Let's shun the AIG and other financial "wizards" who have done so much damage. Or at least shame them. Don't think it could work? Maybe it could.
|Obama, talk to them/us about honor
More and more, it seems like ads and PR blasts by the McCain campaign promote falsehoods and distortions that make me wonder, have they no sense of honor? I'm sure that they are cognizant of what ...
|A fair solution to seating MI & FL delegates?
The problem with the solutions proposed so far for seating Michigan and Florida delegates is continuing unfairness to large numbers of voters. The Michigan voters who would have voted for Obama but ...
|Too cynical for our own good
If there was ever an indicator of how badly we need Obama's leadership, it's ...
|I don't want a mud wrestler for my nominee
Yeah, the conventional wisdom is that politics is a dirty game, but that's the way you've gotta play it. And Hillary is in full Smackdown mode. I hate it a lot. And I don't think it HAS to be that ...
|Historians on Bush
An article on the History News Network offers a survey of 109 historians on the presidency of George W. Bush. My favorite quotes: “No ...
|John Edwards, where are you when we need you?
I supported you, John, and then you were gone. But one candidate remained committed to change, as you were. Who appeals to the best in us, as you did. Here are your words ...
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from this blog?
Set the sticky flag for this diary in the slide rotation:
Set the maximum number of slides to display in the feature:
Recommended by yar
- I asked Jesus what he thought about WA state allowing gay marriage today. Yes, I don't go to church or read my bible anymore, but I still talk to Jesus from time to time. Usually it's just about ...84 comments 108 Recs
- My sister decided to post the following to her Facebook account after receiving some feedback from various people concerning certain of her "anti-religious" posts. I thought this needed to be shared.27 comments 10 Recs
- 272 comments 51 Recs
- Alan Grayson (BIG D-FL08) is my new hero, and you can donate to him at the bottom of the diary. We need this guy in Congress for years to come! But first, on to the show, and what a ...786 comments 1622 Recs
- I just signed up and registered on the Whole Foods Forum, posted a thread under their "Food Politics" area, and it was deleted! Threads are being deleted or locked so that no opinions can be posted ...122 comments 61 Recs
- Poetic justice. Rachel Paulouse, the Federalist Soceity doyenne who replaced one of the U.S. Attorneys fired en masse in 2006, has now herself been found to have retaliated against a ...28 comments 43 Recs
- 36 comments 26 Recs
- Would Sarah Palin and John McCain believe that the most "Pro-America" American would be an 83-year-old Mexican immigrant who has survived malaria, skin cancer, AND West Nile Virus?15 comments 56 Recs
- Wow, [http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/nation/la-na-combat25-2008nov25,0,3682816.story this is simply an outrage:] Marine Cpl. James Dixon was wounded twice in Iraq -- by a ...294 comments 700 Recs
- The Mars Reconnaissance Orbiter used ground-penetrating radar to discover numerous buried glaciers on Mars, covered with dirt and up to a half-mile thick. This is only the latest sign that life may ...63 comments 23 Recs
- No current results.
- No current results.