Posting History for zonk
|"Tax Reform" Should NOT be a Dirty Word
Progressive response to the idea of 'tax reform' has gone around the bend, reaching the Pavlovian levels of reflexive opposition formerly reserved for the right. Perhaps there's some committee, ...
|Mr. Lincoln Responds
Politics increasingly have drawn us all into a kaleidoscope of support, counter-support, dogma, ideology -- but ultimately, one of paradoxes that should always remind us that it is still a ...
|Our Starbucks has no Barista, a Line Adrift in Chaos without Trust or Confidence
A funny thing happened to me on my way into work, partaking of my morning ritual... Expecting a quick cup o' joe - I was instead met with an untenable situation that would test the patience of Job....
In the spirit of the season, Minnesota's wise man shows the way. Senator Al Franken is the sort of better angel that I do hope sits on all our shoulders, from the President on down to those who ...
|DNC: Let's issue a joint statement for civility; RNC: And tick off our base?
We'll never escape politics. Next to baseball, it's our national pastime. Sometimes it's tart, sometimes it's ugly, sometimes it makes everyone want to say "to hell with all of them." Still - ...
|Health Care Reform Bill Mythbusting #1: "Junk Insurance"
I started and abandoned more diaries -- dating back to July -- on Health Care Reform than I can count. The fact is, I'm not a good diarist - I tend to ramble. In a matter with a lot of ...
|Nervous GOP Sez Politico; McCain Camp in Disarray
You know things aren't going well when you get the always welcome "process story", chock full of both anonymous and on the record GOP stalwarts complaining that the McCain campaign is self-...
|Obama within 6 pts in SOUTH Carolina
Short but sweet - Rassmussen ...
|The United States does not have an 'Alaska Permanent Fund'
While some folks gleefully point out the degree to which this takes McCain's 'experience' trump card off the table... While others fret about whether this pick means any lingering Clinton/Obama ...
|Please, Senator Obama - I Beg You
Dear Senator Obama, I am and have been an ardent supporter of yours since late December. I have had the distinct pleasure of voting for your three times now; as my party's nominee for Senate and ...
|Playing by the Rules? Clinton flouts the FEC
Ordinarily, this would be the type of thing I'd roll my eyes about -- part and parcel of the "silly season". However, we do not reside in ordinary times. We're faced with a close primary and we're ...
|Should Markos be banned from DailyKos?
With the unfortunate disclosure from Barack Obama that -- despite actually being an urban community organizer working street level opposition to Ronald Reagan -- he respects the political ...
|How Obama Backers can Attract Edwards Supporters
The answer is simple. Make peace with the fact that you're NOT GOING TO convince Edwards supporters to jump ship. If you back Senator Barack Obama like I do - I'm sure you've probably ...
|What is the Appropriate Method for Killing One's Father?
My heart is heavy tonight. I have a truly unimaginable task facing me - and I'm just not certain if I can follow through on it. Me - a Deaniac. A liberal. A progressive. A Kossak. A Kossak ...
|We. Are. So. DOOOMMMEEDDD!!
Friends, Democrats, Kossaks, lend me your eyes; I come not to bash Barack Obama, but to praise him. Please don't get me wrong - Barack Obama is wonderful man, with tremendous qualities, smart as a ...
|Tomorrow's WaPo: Can my Penis be Enlarged?
With the Washington Post bravely setting out to uncover the truth about "things that show up in your inbox" - I'm hopeful this ignored story will begin to gain traction. To Whom it May Concern: I ...
|Scalia's Proudest Moment: Keeping Cheney safe||zonk||04/12/2006||10||7||-||-|
|Tag team smackdown of King George II||zonk||12/27/2005||3||6||-||2|
|Corruption? "Small Potatoes" - so says the Chicago Tribune||zonk||12/01/2005||2||-||-||-|
|Please Help -- Sinclair is drowning puppies!||zonk||10/27/2005||9||28||-||20|
|Donna Brazile auditions for the lead in Oliver Twist||zonk||09/22/2005||7||1||1||2|
|This message brought to you by Ronald Reagan||zonk||09/01/2005||7||10||2||9|
|Adopt a District: Update||zonk||08/04/2005||8||10||-||-|
|Announcing "Adopt a District 2006"||zonk||08/03/2005||15||13||-||8|
|Army confirms MSNBC||zonk||10/26/2004||2||5||-||-|
|Bush/Cheney 2004 = Carter/Mondale 1980||zonk||10/20/2004||21||3||-||7|
|Cheer up poll watchers - Zogby updated||zonk||10/18/2004||8||1||-||-|
|Keep 'em their heels and push the meme....||zonk||10/15/2004||4||1||-||-|
|We get to kiss our sister!||zonk||10/08/2004||1||1||-||-|
|The times, they are a-changin'||zonk||10/06/2004||-||1||-||-|
|Is the backfire backfiring?||zonk||09/16/2004||15||-||-||-|
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from this blog?
Set the sticky flag for this diary in the slide rotation:
Set the maximum number of slides to display in the feature:
Recommended by zonk
- Want the scoop on hot races around the country? Get the digest emailed to you each weekday morning. Sign up here . • Chicago ...242 comments 3 Recs
- 1. Militants enter the university grounds, two guards are shot dead 2. Shooting begins within the campus 3. Students attacked in their classrooms while preparing for exams 4. Gunmen believed ...96 comments 88 Recs
- It appears the the Republicans may have finally over-extended themselves. Their actions over the last few weeks have gone way beyond anything a sane person would regard as civil discourse and ...360 comments 99 Recs
- The late, great Mike Royko , beloved Chicago newspaper columnist, wrote many columns on guns and gun control, all of them hilarious, pointed and smart. Sadly, Royko's columns, many dating from as ...147 comments 317 Recs
- Mitt Romney's choice of Paul Ryan provides many facets of analysis. Does this reflect the final step of extreme right wing domination of the GOP? Would Romney's decisions as President be subject ...275 comments 218 Recs
- You'd better start liking me, dammit! ...150 comments 274 Recs
- The business owner's version of "the dog ate my homework" these days is "we're not hiring because we can't find workers with the skills we need." Various business lobby groups like the ...160 comments 170 Recs
- Let me start off by saying Mitt Romney is a Pathological Liar. The New York Times reports that the Romney's took a $77,000.00 Tax Deduction on their dancing horse, Rafalca. The ...483 comments 411 Recs
- You know, I don't shop at JCPenney, and I've never particularly cared for their stores, but they've been pretty damn awesome on gay issues. I'm sure you remember the brouhaha after they named Ellen ...232 comments 550 Recs
- I haven't been writing much around here lately. It's not because I don't have anything to say as much as it's because I have a lot going on. I have to recertify my skills this year and it's taking a ...55 comments 92 Recs
- No current results.
- No current results.