Skip to main content

View Diary: Coming to a DMV Near You ... (270 comments)

Comment Preferences

  •  I can't wait for this.... (2+ / 0-)
    Recommended by:
    Puddytat, JerryNA

    I was born in a foreign country, but am considered a US Citizen by birth.  I have the certified, raised seal copy of my birth certificate that is very old as it's the original my parents were given when I was born several decades ago.  

    But it's not in English!

    I hope my proof of US Citizen Born Abroad issued by the State Department (which has a picture of me when I was 8 years old) will suffice when it comes times to get my new license in a few years.

    Otherwise, maybe I'll just move back to where I was born.  LOL

    •  Certificate of Citizenship is what you (1+ / 0-)
      Recommended by:

      need and that's what the document you got from the State Department is.  You should probably carry your birth certificate with you when you go just in case.

      If you have a passport and Social Security Card, those will be all you need.

      There already is class warfare in America. Unfortunately, the rich are winning.

      by Puddytat on Wed Feb 13, 2013 at 10:31:14 AM PST

      [ Parent ]

Subscribe or Donate to support Daily Kos.

  • Recommended (122)
  • Community (60)
  • Media (23)
  • Elections (23)
  • Civil Rights (22)
  • Culture (21)
  • Law (21)
  • Environment (21)
  • Trans-Pacific Partnership (21)
  • Josh Duggar (20)
  • Science (19)
  • Labor (18)
  • Economy (17)
  • Marriage Equality (16)
  • Ireland (16)
  • 2016 (15)
  • Bernie Sanders (15)
  • Hillary Clinton (15)
  • Climate Change (15)
  • Health Care (14)
  • Click here for the mobile view of the site